The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Superman001
A lot of reasons why horse racing should be illegal and only one reason for it . . . . . . . money!
By DeanCivic
I bet those opposed to horse racing eat meat, eat eggs, drink milk etc. Have you seen the conditions these animals are kept in, and how inhumane most slaughters are?

Hypocrisy is rife on this subject. It's the British mentality that horses are somehow more important than other animals.
By danneth
DeanCivic wrote:I bet those opposed to horse racing eat meat, eat eggs, drink milk etc. Have you seen the conditions these animals are kept in, and how inhumane most slaughters are?

Hypocrisy is rife on this subject. It's the British mentality that horses are somehow more important than other animals.
:salut:
By danneth
Ashman3000 wrote:There is so much money in horse racing it will never be banned.
Around 30m just from today for certain companies.
By ra1nb1rd
Magic-R wrote:
J wrote:So after reading that you still bet?

You really are strange.

I haven't bet on the GN since it was explained to me, so thats about 29 years ago.
Yes, considering a lot of that quote is bollox, horses on drugs? [bMade to race when young? Rubbish. Both my aunts are horse trainers and I've never heard anything like some of the stuff in that quote. [/b]Although I agree about the jockeys attitude towards horses, some of them are right coonts.

Today's winner was a prime example of horse racing/training done properly, a deserved winner from a small but professional team.

I had that 5th place donkey.
a racehorse is backed from the age of 1.5 and raced at 2 years old its knowm fact, im massivly involved with horses and my other half is a groom who has worked at alot of yards and different disciplines.

I dont agree with the young age or a whip but unfortunatly its the way of the sport and money is a big factor
By Superman001
Yeah but theres no telling some people on here, they just believe the what they want so they feel less guilty about watching the racing and making bets on what is essentially animal cruelty and nothing else.
By danneth
Superman001 wrote:Yeah but theres no telling some people on here, they just believe the what they want so they feel less guilty about watching the racing and making bets on what is essentially animal cruelty and nothing else.
Or they just have a right to their own opinion? guilty about what? which bit do you see as cruel?
By NyseriA
Daz W wrote:As I say it's in a horses nature to run do you really think a person to force a creature the size and weight of a horse to do something it doesn't want to do. Also many horses are saved from injury by the jockeys knowing that something is wrong with their horse
Of course you can.

The size and weight is irrelevant.
By Daz W
NyseriA wrote:
Daz W wrote:As I say it's in a horses nature to run do you really think a person to force a creature the size and weight of a horse to do something it doesn't want to do. Also many horses are saved from injury by the jockeys knowing that something is wrong with their horse
Of course you can.

Ok then, next time you see a large horse in a field you go in there and try to climb on it and make it run and see how far you get.
By Magic-R
Superman001 wrote:Yeah but theres no telling some people on here, they just believe the what they want so they feel less guilty about watching the racing and making bets on what is essentially animal cruelty and nothing else.
Ooooookaayyy princess :laughabove:

I don't think I've ever been to a race event where a horse has died, I've seen plenty of jockeys carted off in ambulances. (I've never been to the GN)
What about all the flat racing? A race horse has it in his blood to run.....
Its easy to to make some statement like your some kind of animal hero without going into any detail....

Look how many horses died yesterday.........none.
By Superman001
Magic-R wrote:
Ooooookaayyy princess :laughabove:

I don't think I've ever been to a race event where a horse has died, I've seen plenty of jockeys carted off in ambulances. (I've never been to the GN)
What about all the flat racing? A race horse has it in his blood to run.....
Its easy to to make some statement like your some kind of animal hero without going into any detail....

Look how many horses died yesterday.........none.
Im supprised that none died yesterday. So you think horses love to run, well theres been about 7 that have died in a 10 year period out of just over 400 that have run.

So in a 10 year period of humans competing in running events at the olympics or commonwealth games how many have died?

And the amount of humans that have run in a ten year period will will a lot more than 400 and you think the its not bad for the horses that are meant to run.
By danneth
NyseriA wrote:
Of course you can.

Really? if a Horse doesn't want to run then it won't do you can't watch much racing to know this, if it says I'm not getting in that stall today then believe me it won't get in and if the horse doesn't want someone on his back then the jockey would soon know about it.

No horse should die in an ideal world but of course there is a risk the % of horses that die from racing is something like 0.3% are people going to tell me that there is no risk to non racing horses you know things like neglect and accidents don't happen ? - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ho ... on-2840523

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the "cruelty" and their opinion on it in full, as I've seen with my own eyes these horses are treated like royals but then anyone would know this anyway with the condition and how the horses look / behave.
By Superman001
The amount of deaths per 1000 horses is 6 so they have a 0.6 % chance of dying every time they compete.

If there were those odds for an even greater distance like the London marathon it would be banned, that would equal about 220 deaths every year.

So to say the risk of a horse dying is small is just retarded.
By danneth
Superman001 wrote:The amount of deaths per 1000 horses is 6 so they have a 0.6 % chance of dying every time they compete.

If there were those odds for an even greater distance like the London marathon it would be banned, that would equal about 220 deaths every year.

So to say the risk of a horse dying is small is just retarded.
As you can see from the graph the numbers are very low, I think it depends on flat racing or jumping as the figures I saw were 2 in every 1000 and 4 in every 1000

I will ask again, what the cruelty is against the horses and why you don't think they are being treated right?

Have a search for horses being neglected and road accidents etc, horses are dying all the time to think it only happens within horse racing is really naive imo, the one link I provided alone with the death of a 100 horses so that would be the equivalent ( roughly) 33,000 horses running to reach that total and that's just ONE incident alone can you imagine how many they are per year?
By J
Danneth you are talking bolox [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By danneth
J wrote:Danneth you are talking bolox [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Great input, care to back up on which bits and why?
By J@mes
The grand national should be changed, yes. But ban horse racing? Even on flat ground? I don't think so.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]