The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By J
No thread??

Canada pokes fun at Russia

By jymmm
does anyone know when the best even is on? AKA the downhill skiiing

none of this Cowabunga snowboard stuff :lol:
By Sedge
First medal for Jenny Jones, bronze in the snowboard slopestyle.
By mileshardy2000
I think the judging for the slopestyle has been a bit rubbish. They reward "easy" runs with no mistakes and heavily penalise massive jumps with crazy tricks if they land a little heavy or put a hand down. It is an extreme discipline after all.
By andy.h
mileshardy2000 wrote:I think the judging for the slopestyle has been a bit rubbish. They reward "easy" runs with no mistakes and heavily penalise massive jumps with crazy tricks if they land a little heavy or put a hand down. It is an extreme discipline after all.
Its about style not helicoptering your way to a medal or spin to win as has been quoted in other comps.
By mileshardy2000
andy.h wrote:
mileshardy2000 wrote:I think the judging for the slopestyle has been a bit rubbish. They reward "easy" runs with no mistakes and heavily penalise massive jumps with crazy tricks if they land a little heavy or put a hand down. It is an extreme discipline after all.
Its about style not helicoptering your way to a medal or spin to win as has been quoted in other comps.
I haven't seen this discipline in the X games but the commentators didn't really understand what was going on either. Some guy would go down do a few awesome tricks and the comms would be going mad and saying he'd be top of the charts for sure and he'd place absolutely nowhere.

Would just like to point out I know NOTHING about snowboarding! My only experience comes from Cool Boarders 2 :cool:
By Sedge
I think the commentators got the hang of the scoring after a bit. They started to point out the solid runs over the hard but poorly implemented ones. I liked the input from Aimee Fuller during the ladies final.
By jtc
Sedge wrote:I think the commentators got the hang of the scoring after a bit. They started to point out the solid runs over the hard but poorly implemented ones. I liked the input from Aimee Fuller during the ladies final.
You mean the shrieking and "sorry I don't think we're supposed to do this"? :lol:
By Sedge
That was good :lol: :lol:

Aimee Fuller :cool:
By EvoStu
:lol: :roflmao: :rotflmao:
By Mark
Watching the skeleton now! are these people off their nutZ? sheeeeeet
By bluntcap
Mark wrote:Watching the skeleton now! are these people off their nutZ? sheeeeeet
How can you see it? :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]