The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Ryan1985
NyseriA wrote:If I pay out a £3000 fine and it's 10% of my salary, how is it fair if, for the same offence, my mate pays £3000 and it's only 2% of his salary?
Tough luck, get a better paid job. :wink:
By EvoStu
With Nyseria on this. It's this very reason why big corporates like BP and Texaco pay fines rather than the cost to get rid of waste properly. They pay the same maximum fine as a one man band, so for them the fines are literally a drop in the ocean, just like their waste.
By NyseriA
Dixy1987 wrote:No, it was more the fact that leaving the country seems an easy way to get out of community service
It is for anyone though, at least until you come back and it's outstanding and it results in your arrest. At least he has tried to sort it out via the courts.

If the courts aren't going to accept a £55,000 Porsche for being too punitive, they're not going to jeopardise a lucrative career move to Serie A.

You tend to get jailed for disco driving on the third offence btw.
By NyseriA
kev_croombs2 wrote:How is it fair that just because you have more money your offence is suddenly deemed worse though
It's not; it's proportionately the same.
If i have no money is my fine free or very small ? Not sure that would discourage.
How can a fine be free? There's clearly going to be a base level, otherwise it won't be a fine!
I've heard of people get fines that they have to pay back £1 a week and even then they ultimately dont !!
Yes, stupid isn't it. Costs more to enforce the fine than the fine costs. They should be payable on release from court, or you don't get released from court.
There is no fair way when it comes to fines. Give everyone community orders and make them pick up litter. We'd have a much cleaner country. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
True, although if you're a barrister earning £300 ph then doing 50 hours community service costs you £15,000 but if you're unemployed it's free? ;)
By NyseriA
Nuttynutter123 wrote:if work commitments stop you being able to do community service then you can pay a fine at a certain rate per hour for how ever long you have left.

The fact that he is a multimillionaire doesnt mean he should pay more than average joe surely?

if you get caught doing 35mph in a ferrari should the fine be loads more than getting caught doing 35 in a corsa
I think people are struggling with this "proportionate" concept :lol:
By EvoStu
NyseriA wrote:
Nuttynutter123 wrote:if work commitments stop you being able to do community service then you can pay a fine at a certain rate per hour for how ever long you have left.

The fact that he is a multimillionaire doesnt mean he should pay more than average joe surely?

if you get caught doing 35mph in a ferrari should the fine be loads more than getting caught doing 35 in a corsa
I must admit I'm confused as to the type of car comparison. Is it only multi millionaires who drive Ferraris these days?
By Dave.M89
NyseriA wrote:

A proportionate method would encourage crime as a significant number of the people who would be getting punished would have % rate * 0 salary.
By EvoStu
Dave.M89 wrote:
NyseriA wrote:

A proportionate method would encourage crime as a significant number of the people who would be getting punished would have % rate * 0 salary.
:scratch:
By Liam Type-R
EvoStu wrote:
NyseriA wrote:

I must admit I'm confused as to the type of car comparison. Is it only multi millionaires who drive Ferraris these days?
I dont know him that well, but are you saying the likes of kingston?
By Mart
Dixy1987 wrote:
NyseriA wrote:
Dixy1987 wrote:I don't get why they let him leave the country without doing the community service.

I have my doubts as to whether your average member of society would have gotten the same light treatment.
Do you think that passports are seized for every minor offence?
No, it was more the fact that leaving the country seems an easy way to get out of community service
Easy..... :lol:
By Stevo07
NyseriA wrote:It should surely be proportionate though.
I thought community service was handed down as 'an alternative to prison'? Ridiculous.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]