The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By EvoStu
mjhamilton wrote:Fair play to him, winning one of the top events in his game is really something to be proud of

He also donated a large chunk of his winnings to charity so what's not to like or respect about him?
Unfortunately he didn't give any of his £1.6 million winnings from Wimbledon to charity. He gave his £75k winnings from Queens to charity.
By Mad-Dog
EvoStu wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Fair play to him, winning one of the top events in his game is really something to be proud of

He also donated a large chunk of his winnings to charity so what's not to like or respect about him?
Unfortunately he didn't give any of his £1.6 million winnings from Wimbledon to charity. He gave his £75k winnings from Queens to charity.
Yes because that's a paupers amount of money to give to charity :lol:

I'm with MJ, he played well and held his nerve better than Djokovic on the day. Deserved the victory and its a big fuck you to the nay-sayers
By Omni
Yeah fair dos he's delivered on all the hype where all the other 'British hopefuls' failed, it's a great achievement.

Still, I bet upon hearing the news every englishmans reaction was the same..."oh f**k, the gloating from the scots is going to be endless..."
By thestew
Omni wrote:Yeah fair dos he's delivered on all the hype where all the other 'British hopefuls' failed, it's a great achievement.

Still, I bet upon hearing the news every englishmans reaction was the same..."oh f**k, the gloating from the scots is going to be endless..."
:WOOT :beer:
By Mad-Dog
Omni wrote:Yeah fair dos he's delivered on all the hype where all the other 'British hopefuls' failed, it's a great achievement.

It's one of the few sporting achievements they can gloat about, I'll give them that
By EvoStu
Mad-Dog wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Yes because that's a paupers amount of money to give to charity :lol:

I'm with MJ, he played well and held his nerve better than Djokovic on the day. Deserved the victory and its a big flip you to the nay-sayers
Its tax deductible for him and an extremely small amount in the grand scheme of things.

Still fair play to giving it away, although its very much like Beckham giving his PSG salary away, there were other reasons it was done and they weren't charitable.
By Mark
Think you'll find his best mate has/had cancer - seems a good reason to donate to me.
By EvoStu
Mark wrote:Think you'll find his best mate has/had cancer - seems a good reason to donate to me.
I'm not disputing the reasoning for giving it. :lol: Just saying there's more to it.

The amount donated is all relative. Its approx 2.3% of his 2013 earnings so far (£3129090)

So in essence, its the same as someone earning £35K a year donating £820 per year.

Yet I don't see all those thousands of people getting the same recognition.
By Stevo07
Come on Stu we know you don't like him but you're sounding ridiculous now.
By EvoStu
Stevo07 wrote:Come on Stu we know you don't like him but you're sounding ridiculous now.
Why am sounding ridiculous? He gave away a token % of his earnings and somehow he's a fantastic human being for doing so?

Mate no offence, in % terms I know people earning way less than Murray who have given away more.
By Stevo07
EvoStu wrote:
Stevo07 wrote:Come on Stu we know you don't like him but you're sounding ridiculous now.
Why am sounding ridiculous? He gave away a token % of his earnings and somehow he's a fantastic human being for doing so?

Mate no offence, in % terms I know people earning way less than Murray who have given away more.
Regardless of the % it should be applauded, anyone giving to charity should be. You could've just said he's still a knob but fair play, but you're at pains to somehow belittle it.

And no one said he was a fantastic human being, Stu argument 101 there, Twist previous comments to suit the argument.

Oh and you can't use what your mates do validate your own opinion, thought we established that in Danneth's threads? :smile:
By EvoStu
But this is the point. He's one of millions who donate to charity and I'm sick of seeing people fawning over him because he's donated what to most is a lot of money but in the grand scheme of things isn't.

Some of the comments on Facebook and Twitter about his donation have been positively cringe worthy.
By mjhamilton
EvoStu wrote:
Mark wrote:Think you'll find his best mate has/had cancer - seems a good reason to donate to me.
I'm not disputing the reasoning for giving it. :lol: Just saying there's more to it.

The amount donated is all relative. Its approx 2.3% of his 2013 earnings so far (£3129090)

So in essence, its the same as someone earning £35K a year donating £820 per year.

Yet I don't see all those thousands of people getting the same recognition.

difference is though that £820 would not get you too much where as £75k could have bought him a very nice car or something else ostentatious - so when you put it that way the relative part is a bit irrelevant - it IS a lot of money and he IS a good guy for donating

As for the English/Scot part.. who really cares - he is the best at what he does at the moment so kudos and fair play to him - I couldn't do it and from the looks of it he needed total focus, dedication and a crap load of hard work - wouldn't matter how silly his accent was the demands are still the same :bigthumb:
By EvoStu
mjhamilton wrote:difference is though that £820 would not get you too much where as £75k could have bought him a very nice car or something else ostentatious - so when you put it that way the relative part is a bit irrelevant - it IS a lot of money and he IS a good guy for donating
I'm not disagreeing its a good donation. But its ALL relative.
By Dixy1987
EvoStu wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:difference is though that £820 would not get you too much where as £75k could have bought him a very nice car or something else ostentatious - so when you put it that way the relative part is a bit irrelevant - it IS a lot of money and he IS a good guy for donating
I take it you also donate at least 2.3% of your earnings to charity.
By EvoStu
Dixy1987 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Slightly more actually and as my missus also works on cancer research we are able to donate directly to her department. :thumbup:
By Dixy1987
EvoStu wrote:
Dixy1987 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Slightly more actually and as my missus also works on cancer research we are able to donate directly to her department. :thumbup:
Fair enough.

I do kind of see where you're coming from with the relative bit, but at the end of the day a charity has got an extra £75k which can only be a good thing.
By scot
I give to 3 charitys monthly and that only works out about 250 quid a year. I think someone on 35k and giving 820 is fairly reasonable
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]