The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By eatthis
NyseriA wrote:Heavyweight boxing in general, not just British, doesn't seem to be anywhere near what it used to be.

Lewis would stroll through almost all of them and he was hardly one of history's best.
i agree lewis would walk through the division now but i do think lewis was a very very good fighter maybe not up there with the greats (ali foreman and frazier etc) but he is in the group below that imo. dont forget he battered (past it) tyson and he made a big mess of klitchko
By Stevo07
Lewis was a cracking boxer with a devastating jab. Not up there with the greatest but leagues ahead of what we currently have.
By NyseriA
eatthis wrote:
NyseriA wrote:Heavyweight boxing in general, not just British, doesn't seem to be anywhere near what it used to be.

Lewis would stroll through almost all of them and he was hardly one of history's best.
i agree lewis would walk through the division now but i do think lewis was a very very good fighter maybe not up there with the greats (ali foreman and frazier etc) but he is in the group below that imo. dont forget he battered (past it) tyson and he made a big mess of klitchko
That's what I mean; he was the last British heavyweight that I thought was a good, solid, skilful allround fighter.

We've had plenty of decent fighters in other weights (including the much maligned Khan) but heavyweights in general seem to have come off the boil and aren't giving Klitchko much to do.
By bonezzz
Agree, heavyweight division is poor, everything from lightweight to super middle is excellent. I think froch is our number 1 British fighter at the moment. Brook is up and coming, burns is good. Not made my mind up on cleverly yet
By eatthis
NyseriA wrote:I was watching some highlights last week and two things that I noted were that I had forgotten just how quick Tyson was and how hard Foreman could land a shot. Christ, even when he was like 45, he near knocked Moorers head off :lol:
they were both freaks in the true sense of the word tyson had speed close to ali and more power with it
foreman is the most powerfull guy to ever set foot in a ring imo (and alis aswell)
tyson would take your head off with fast powerfull combos that came from nowhere.
foreman would take your head off with EVERYTHING! even dainty looking shots could knock people silly.
they were both genuinly awesome

Last edited by eatthis on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bonezzz
Favourite heavyweight ever was joe louis. Text book boxing at its best, power came from no distance at all
By PH47MF
in my era, tyson was the best. what a beast. that woman didn't stand a chance. :lol:
By Jtizzle
Any links to the froch fight from last night??
By Genga
Ward and Pavlik scheduled for next January?
By khani47
Paddy87 wrote:Anyone watching Hatton at weekend? Pretty good undercard for the fight too.
Local lad (bury) Scott Quigg v Bin man Munroe.
Fight # 2

Be a good fight.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]