The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By danneth
white-n-black wrote:
EvoStu wrote:This isn't the Scottish league ffs. LOL. City's wage budget could purchase the whole of the Scottish Premiership.
To be fare i don't think it would've been the biggest upset in history, look what stoke did to arsenal just last week! Also look where they are in the league, it's proof that money doesn't buy you everything and take man city for instance, i mean really, all they have to show so far is the f.a cup theyve been spending for a bit now and they still don't look like world beater's.
Proof that money doesn't buy you everything? i think thats quite a funny comment, have you actually seen how far city have come?

dont look like world beaters didn't they beat man u the other week? would you class man u as world beaters cause i would.

Yet more blinkered fans, as stu said it would have been quite an upset a team that cost what 30-40 x more then stokes you can compare them on league spots cause after the top 6 its all very average from then on downwards

Im sure IF city were to keep spending like they have been another season or two then they will have the potential to dominate but you never know what will happen in football, but all it shows in my eyes is that money does buy things as its bought them the FA cup AND a champs league spot now that might not seem alot to you but to me thats pretty amazing compared to where they were a few years ago :thumbup:
By Stevo07
It would've been an upset had Stoke won, but one of the biggest in history? :lol:

I wonder how the likes of City will get on once UEFA's fair play rules come into force.
By EvoStu
Stevo07 wrote:It would've been an upset had Stoke won, but one of the biggest in history? :lol:

I wonder how the likes of City will get on once UEFA's fair play rules come into force.
Lets face it. Stoke were NEVER in the running. It would have been one of the biggest shock final results FACT.
If a £10 million side turned over a £450million side to win that trophy.

Big problems in Openshaw today though.
By ecviper
stoke's team is worth much more than 10m.

Jones alone cost them £8m - 2010
Jermaine Pennant - £2m - 2010
Dean Whitehead - £3m - 2009
Robert Huth - £5m - 2009
Tuncay Sanli - £5m - 2009
Diego Arismendi - £3m - 2009
Danny Collins - £2.75m - 2009
Asmir Begovic - £3.25m - 2009

I know this is nothing compared to City's amount since 2009/2010 season till present but all teams spend large sums to meet a specific target. For Stoke it was Premiership safety while City's where silverware and Champions League.

The top 4 have had the privilege of Champions league money for many years are mile ahead of the rest of the premiership teams making it very very difficult to get break into it, hence the tag 'top 4' is associated with united, chelsea, arsenal and liverpool. Therefore the only way to break them up is to spend money and get the team at least on level terms in quality with the top 4 teams as seen with City and Tottenham in the past couple of years.

It is the only way to do it and stay in it otherwise you get left behind as seen in Liverpool. rubbish for first half of season but got much better in second half after spending £60m on 2 players.

It was a shame Stoke didn't turn up in the game. They were more timid than usual.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]