The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By th3sundanc3kid
:roflmao: at all the people that think players don't dive and go down at any opportunity in the prem and get away with it.
By Grov24
LOL I just read Harv's post and lol'd Have you any clue what your talking about?

He gets fouled and kicked far more than any other player on the same pitch that he plays on. He is one of the best for staying on his feet and not diving, compared to most.
By eatthis
Grov24 wrote:LOL I just read Harv's post and lol'd Have you any clue what your talking about?

He gets fouled and kicked far more than any other player on the same pitch that he plays on. He is one of the best for staying on his feet and not diving, compared to most.
maradonna was exactly the same theyr very similer players tbh
By Nemesis24
Im pretty sure they ARE the same player... But something i always find funny is when people question the impact great players in the past would have on the current game, i always maintain that quality will shine through.

Still Messi's a great player and but i still rate Ronaldo as the better player, purely because Messi plays in probably the best TEAM ever assembled while Ronaldo plays in a good side but not much of a team
By Stevo07
Nemesis24 wrote:Im pretty sure they ARE the same player... But something i always find funny is when people question the impact great players in the past would have on the current game, i always maintain that quality will shine through.

Still Messi's a great player and but i still rate Ronaldo as the better player, purely because Messi plays in probably the best TEAM ever assembled while Ronaldo plays in a good side but not much of a team
That makes zero sense. Let's put it another way, without Messi barca would not be anywhere near the best team ever assembled, they would be just like Spain who although good are rather boring.
By Nemesis24
You're right without Messi Barca are nothing. Xavi, Inestia and Busquets would not be as good as they appear without Messi in the team... :roll:

Messi is the focus point of that team but at the end of the day hes being supplied constantly by great players, players who have played in the same team since they were kids and know eachothers movements so well they just click. Is it really that hard to believe? I mean look at Messi at international level, hes hardly set the world alight. The players around you help a lot, and Barca have a team who have great players but also work as a team unit. Unlike Madrid who have great players but dont work as well in a team unit.

I just believe (as talented as Messi is) he plays in a team that is perfect for his game, its not discrediting his ability I just wonder if he would be as effective in a team that doesnt have ball possession stats of 70+% in games
Last edited by Nemesis24 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Grov24
On the flipsight to your point nemesis, it's also a lot easier to shine in a worse team, than it is to be the best in a great team.

Messi is just better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo barely actually looks up. He is quicker, and better in the air, but as an all round player Messi is better, and as a person it's not even close. Ronaldo is a complete greasy prick.
By Ryan1985
Grov24 wrote:On the flipsight to your point nemesis, it's also a lot easier to shine in a worse team, than it is to be the best in a great team.
Charlie Adam springs to mind here.
By Stevo07
Nemesis you seem to imply that Messi just sits waiting on his midfield suppling him with tap ins? As I've said before he's made over half his goals himself and was the top assister in La Liga also. Btw, check out how many tap ins Ronaldo scored as a benefit from others' work. :wink:
By Nemesis24
Grov24 wrote:On the flipsight to your point nemesis, it's also a lot easier to shine in a worse team, than it is to be the best in a great team.
Then surely Ronaldo playing in a weaker side compared to Messi would prove hes a better player as they both have similar outputs, I think both got 52 goals.
Stevo07 wrote:Nemesis you seem to imply that Messi just sits waiting on his midfield suppling him with tap ins? As I've said before he's made over half his goals himself and was the top assister in La Liga also. Btw, check out how many tap ins Ronaldo scored as a benefit from others' work. :wink:
Not implying that at all, in Barca the midfield support the attacking three very very well, through their creativity and ability to hold onto the ball. I said it before but it would be interesting to see Messi play in a team that doesnt have 70% of the ball every game... It may seem like im talking Messi down, but im not. I think hes a quality player but i personally think if you put Ronaldo in Barca his output would better Messis.
By eatthis
bretty1984 wrote:you're only as good as the players around you.
unless your name is maradonna
By Stevo07
Breaking every record going, unbelievable. :cool:
By m1ke
Pointless scoring all the, goals when you win flip all LOL.
By Dixy1987
m1ke wrote:Pointless scoring all the, goals when you win flip all LOL.
:roflmao:

This is "flip all"?!

La Liga (5): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11
Copa del Rey (1): 2008–09
Supercopa de España (5): 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League (3): 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11
UEFA Super Cup (2): 2009, 2011
FIFA Club World Cup (2): 2009, 2011
By m1ke
This season you tit. He's scored 72 goals this season, and wn flip all. *sigh*
By jamie paton
Lionel messi is the best player ever to lace a pair of boots, ronaldo is brilliant but is a total cock and loves himself, messi plays with no ego, I actually feel sorry for christiano who under normal circumstances would be the best player on the planet, I hate Adrian Chiles asking " ah but could messi cut it in the premiership ?" flip off Adrian, David silva is mesmerising in the premiership and he couldn't be compared with Lionel, how Flipping arrogant to think that the premiership is the barometer for world football, if messi and xavi moved to man utd next season they would win the champions league, that's how good they both are.
By Dixy1987
m1ke wrote:This season you tit. He's scored 72 goals this season, and wn flip all. *sigh*
So I imagined it when then won the Super Cup and World Club Championship this year.

Copa Del Rey final to come as well.

You tit. :roll:
By m1ke
You have no opinion. You're Scottish.

I'd love to see messi v stoke, LOL.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]