The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Ryan1985
It was about time I opened a thread about Celtic so here goes. Any input is welcome as always.

We played well against Lyon today coming from 2-0 down to draw 2-2.

Hooper scoring on his debut and Mulgrew actually making a contribution as his cross met the head of Samaras to score our second!

:thumbup:
By Newannaive
I heard a rumour the scottish premier leagues top scorers are being poached by fizzy pop league clubs. Bad times.
By Nemesis24
Ryan1985 wrote:I've got no idea what you're talking about! :???:
Top SPL footballers going to the championship i assume
By Ryan1985
Rossco wrote:I echo what i said in the Glasgow Rangers thread - albeit to a slightly lesser degree.
Which is?

I can't think of one top SPL player going to the Championship. The players we sold weren't needed or wanted. If you think Kris Boyd is a top footballer you've got it all wrong.

We played well at the Emirates, the Braga game should be an interesting one. I think we'll win the match but we'll be pushing it to win the tie.
By scot
kevin thomson? Wouldnt say Kris Boyd was a top player, certainly one of the better ones in scottish football.

oh and celtic will get pumped tonight.
By Ryan1985
Kevin Thomson? Give me peace, all he does it get sent off.

Celtic didn't get pumped tonight (get that round you scot), we won 2-1 but that means we lost the tie 4-2 on aggregate.

I can't wait for the season to start, we'll easily win the league I reckon!
By xdcx
Ryan1985 wrote:
Rossco wrote:I echo what i said in the Glasgow Rangers thread - albeit to a slightly lesser degree.
Which is?

I can't think of one top SPL player going to the Championship. The players we sold weren't needed or wanted. If you think Kris Boyd is a top footballer you've got it all wrong.

We played well at the Emirates, the Braga game should be an interesting one. I think we'll win the match but we'll be pushing it to win the tie.
Typical tim. The best goal scorer in the league wasn't a top player? EL-OH-EL
By scot
Ryan1985 wrote:Kevin Thomson? Give me peace, all he does it get sent off.

Celtic didn't get pumped tonight (get that round you scot), we won 2-1 but that means we lost the tie 4-2 on aggregate.

I can't wait for the season to start, we'll easily win the league I reckon!
2-1 is hardly a great result against a pub team, with the money you've spent surely you should be asking more questions? but hey if your happy with it dod on.

i'd have kevin thomson long before scott brown!

i suggest you give lenny a call and try talk him into a flat back 9, otherwise your in for a shock this season
By Ryan1985
xdcx wrote:Typical tim. The best goal scorer in the league wasn't a top player? EL-OH-EL
Typical hun, thinking Kris Boyd is actually a good player. Kris Boyd scored more goals thank Henrik Larsson, does that make him a better player? Didn't think so.

scot, a pub team that finished second in the Portuguese league? :roll: Also, who exactly will we get a shock from? It certainly won't be Rangers who'll hardly be able to field a team.
By Nemesis24
Just curious but if Rangers do badly in the UCL this season will scotlands UCL be reduced to 1 team? I heard someone say on the seedings they were really low compared to some of the other nations with up and coming leagues
By xdcx
Ryan1985 wrote:
xdcx wrote:Typical tim. The best goal scorer in the league wasn't a top player? EL-OH-EL
Typical hun, thinking Kris Boyd is actually a good player. Kris Boyd scored more goals thank Henrik Larsson, does that make him a better player? Didn't think so.
Nobody mentioned comparisons to anyone like Larsson. Why did you even bring that up? :scratch:
By Ryan1985
I brought it up because he said Kris Boyd was a top player.

Nemesis, we'll still get two teams in it next season but we won't get an automatic place. Both the teams will have to qualify for the group stages. The SPL winners (probably Celtic) will have to play 1 qualifier (I think) and the second placed team (hopefully not Rangers) will maybe have to play 2 or 3 qualifiers. If Rangers had got their fingers out their arses last season we might not be in this situation but they had the worst performance by a Scottish team at home in the CL EVER!

Anyway, Celtic are 6-5 on to win the SPL, that tells its own story.
By scot
Ryan1985 wrote:I brought it up because he said Kris Boyd was a top player.

Nemesis, we'll still get two teams in it next season but we won't get an automatic place. Both the teams will have to qualify for the group stages. The SPL winners (probably Celtic) will have to play 1 qualifier (I think) and the second placed team (hopefully not Rangers) will maybe have to play 2 or 3 qualifiers. If Rangers had got their fingers out their arses last season we might not be in this situation but they had the worst performance by a Scottish team at home in the CL EVER!

Anyway, Celtic are 6-5 on to win the SPL, that tells its own story.
What where the odds last season? I think you'll find they where heavily stacked in celtic's favour. You seem very confident about a team who hasnt even kicked off this season?

your right about the home record, but whats it like compared to celtics away one? can you remind me please.

if somebody score 50 goals in the Premier league this season, are you going to say they arent a good player?
By xdcx
Ryan1985 wrote:I brought it up because he said Kris Boyd was a top player.
Kris Boyd, when he played in the SPL, was a top player. It's only because you are a Celtic fan and have the eternal hatred of anything Rangers that you are making a ridiculous argument.

How anyone can say that the overal top goal scorer in the entire league is not one of the top players in that league, is completely beyond me.
By Ryan1985
scot wrote:You seem very confident about a team who hasnt even kicked off this season?
We have, we've played two matches.

I'm more confident this season because we've brought in a few quality players (Mulgrew is NOT one of them) and Rangers have lost 3 or 4 of their regular starters.

dc, define a top player? Kris Boyd could only score goals, I've never seen him beat a player in my entire life.

Anyway, Utrecht is an interesting one, I'm sure we can dispatch them. :thumbup:
Last edited by Ryan1985 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By scot
Ryan1985 wrote:
scot wrote:You seem very confident about a team who hasnt even kicked off this season?
We have, we've played two matches.

I'm more confident this season becuase we've brought in a few quality players (Mulgrew is NOT one of them) and Rangers have lost 3 or 4 of their regular starters.

dc, define a top player? Kris Boyd could only score goals, I've never seen him beat a player in my entire life.

Anyway, Utrecht is an interesting one, I'm sure we can dispatch them. :thumbup:
:roflmao: Your banking an entire season on two performances, one which to put blunty was brutal and resulted in getting pumped, and a second which you only just scraped a win but still managed to show all the school boy errors you did the game before?

wilson going is fine, we have webster and clubfoot is back, thomson isnt such a blow as edu is coming on to form, boyd leaving is, he is taking with him alot of goals, but we have naismith who i think can step in and do a job.
By Ryan1985
Naismith is nothing special, I've played against him a few times and he's not great.

Who made the errors in both the games? It was Mulgrew and if Lennon continues to play him I really will begin to worry. The thing is he bought him so he's going to try and justify the outlay! :???:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]