The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By EvoStu
Moyes or Coyle. Wow, what a choice. There's me thinking you'd be approaching the likes of Capello etc, being the world class team you are. :lol:
By Stevo07
Having read a fair about him he excites me more than the PL rejects we were being linked with. Seems we've done our homework for a few months and puts to bed any notion that cunt Keane was offered the job.
By EvoStu
Wow proper world class manager for a world class team.

Scottish Football sinks even lower (if that's possible!!!!).
By Stevo07
And who were you expecting us to appoint given we have hardly any money, relatively speaking? :lol: Lennon hardly had much experience and done no bad.

I'm happy with him, it's a risk but we can afford to take one. I'd set out my reasons but what's the point when you're only interested in trolling, poorly.
By EvoStu
Scottish football has got to be one of the poorest leagues in the world.

Steve, you could win the Scottish Premiership if you managed Celtic. :lol:
By Stevo07
Yeah probably, just shows how much we punch above our weight even to make the CL group stages. Stu I realise you're trolling but you don't need to continually repeat the obvious ffs. :lol:
By EvoStu
Scottish football showing its class in Europe. :lol:

Celtic guaranteed to win everything in Scotland again so that's a bonus.
By kev_croombs2
Rangers getting kicked out of the SPL was the worst thing to happen to Celtic.

Short sighted fans thinking it would be good because they would win everything. Unfortunately no Rangers = no competition = poor sponsorship = no money for celtic

And here we are now, beaten convincingly by a second rate Polish side.

What quality players would want to join celtic?

Be good to see one of the other scottish teams take the title this year (no idea whose any good though)
By Stevo07
Nothing to do with Rangers. We've been downsizing since O'Neil left nearly 10 years ago, nothing new. Our last 2 successful managers also had disastrous starts to their European careers before going on to have a successful time. So can't say I'm surprised its happened to another new manager trying to change our style of play, predicted it weeks ago.
By Wullie_trd
More like Neil Lennon predicted it when he threw the towel in. Years of cashing in on your players and not re-investing in the squad. If rangers had been in the league that money would have been put back into the squad. Who wants to spend millions to win a one horse race ? Certainly not Peter lawell.

So has quite a lot to do with rangers actually.
By Stevo07
Of course Lennon predicted it, everyone knew that and who can blame him. The guts of his team were ripped apart season on season and replaced with 'projects'. That's not to say we spent more in previous years, Wanyama, Hooper, Wilson, Izzy etc were all low cost 'projects' too but they can't all work, and when you're selling them for a massive profit of course the manager wants bigger spending powers.

But you say it like this is some sort of new phenomenon from Celtic, reacting to Rangers not being about. Lawwell has failed to invest from a position of strength countless times. We needed a striker in the season that would have taken us to 4 in a row but refused to pay the £3.5million fee for Steven Fletcher. Cue Rangers clawing back the title and going on to their own 3 in a row charge. That's just one example of the many opportunities the board have had and failed to take over the years the majority of them when Rangers were in the SPL too. Our biggest transfer outlay for 8 years was Scott Brown, Rangers were around for 6 of those with hardly a penny, net, spent.
By Ryan1985
We've made about £40M through Europe and transfers in the last 3 years and we've spent about £10M on players and none so far this season. Where's the other £30M went? Running the club doesn't cost £30M unless you're Rangers.
By Stevo07
Most of it is wasted on numerous 'projects' (imposters) instead of a couple of quality players. You'll need to check the accounts Ryan, running costs amount for a massive part of our turnover. No CL will probably see us make a loss this year, but the board don't believe in speculating to accumulate, they never have!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]