The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Sp1
Finally got a respectable (sort of) score today.. bang on 100. Going to try not to cream myself with ecitment and expectations but it's probably too late. My optomisim has been quickly checked before but fook it, i'm hapy and will sleep well for at least one night :-D
By Geno
Nice work :salut:

My best in 2011 is still 103 :sad: Iron work is appalling at the moment but I only play about once every two weeks and only in the summer so my expectations are pretty low.
By danneth
Today was interesting most of the course looked like the below, had to be even more accurate :lol:

By Gravy
I re-joined the local club this year, as I need the exercise.
First round for ages and I shot 113. Then 110, then 99 on thursday and 100 yesterday.
How did I get so sh-t, so quickly? :bigcry:

I'm hoping to do better today. I'm hitting my irons pretty sweet, but my driver is causing me no end of problems. Thursday and yesterday, I had a few pars, but I also had a 9, an 8 and a few 7s, mainly caused by being sh1te off the tee.

It's annoying because I now have 3 cards put in for handicap, which will doubtless be set at over 20 and my golfing mates will whinge like fook about it once I get my eye in again and start beating them.
By danneth
Gravy wrote:I re-joined the local club this year, as I need the exercise.
First round for ages and I shot 113. Then 110, then 99 on thursday and 100 yesterday.
How did I get so sh-t, so quickly? :bigcry:

I'm hoping to do better today. I'm hitting my irons pretty sweet, but my driver is causing me no end of problems. Thursday and yesterday, I had a few pars, but I also had a 9, an 8 and a few 7s, mainly caused by being sh1te off the tee.

It's annoying because I now have 3 cards put in for handicap, which will doubtless be set at over 20 and my golfing mates will whinge like fook about it once I get my eye in again and start beating them.
If you're hitting the Irons well then take them off the tee, I did a 83 yesterday and didn't even have a driver or 3W in the bag, I only use 4/5 Iron off the tee play the percentages and forget about the bit of extra distance you would get with the driver.

Golf is the only game where you try to make out you are worse than you are, take the 20+ handicap if it's official / legit that's not your fault :lol:
By Gravy
Well, it was definitely a game of two halves today.
I was 14 over for the front 9 but only 6 over for the back 9 ... 5 pars, two double-bogeys and two single bogeys.

I feel I'm starting to get the hang of the driver again :-D there's no point keeping it in the bag for me, as that doesn't address the problem.

I should find out my handicap tomorrow, just in time for the Captain's Day competition. If I play like I played the back 9 today, I'll be in with a chance :WOOT
By Gravy
yeah, I just have this horrible feeling that my handicap is going to be too generous :sad:
Then again, I'm still all over the place consistency-wise so I doubt I'll be winning any comps any time soon
By Gravy
The comp started well for me, with a par.
The rest was probably the worst I have played for 10 years ... I had an 11 on a par 4, a couple of 8s, including one on a par 3, a couple of 7s and loads of double-bogeys.

On the plus side, I won a free golf lesson in the charity raffle :WOOT
By Matto247
I've recently started playng again after a few years out. Currently playing off 18. Which I think was rather generous.
Always seem to start well and then fall apart on the back 9

Does sound a bad day. Happens from time to time
By Nuttynutter123
I've been playing loads lately :-) massivly got the buzz back after having the winter off :-)

Just treated myself to a Nike Covert 2.0 driver / 3 wood / 5 wood :-) which finish off my bag nicely :-)
By danneth
Terrible today, couldn't putt couldn't chip, 7 pars still ended up with 89

By 160mph_boy
I shot a 58 today :-D

On tiger woods pga tour :WOOT :lol:
By danneth
Was just getting back into playing 1-2 times a week, now I've taken a new job so means back to Mon-Fri 9-5 will be back to the odd round here and there.
By mjhamilton
Nuttynutter123 wrote:I've been playing loads lately :-) massivly got the buzz back after having the winter off :-)

Just treated myself to a Nike Covert 2.0 driver / 3 wood / 5 wood :-) which finish off my bag nicely :-)
i bought the complete set a few weeks back with a method putter

Thus far due to work I have missed all the games I was due to play so haven't used them yet

Lovely clubs - the drivers makes a very unique noise
By mjhamilton
as a bit of a fan of technology and not wanting to pay a so called "pro" to tell me what I am doing wrong (pro is a very subjective word) I am looking at one of these

https://www.zepp.com/golf/

I just need something that can track my swing and help me be more consistent, basically when I hit a ball that doesn't go straight I can see what I did differently - I know it is not the total solution but I thought it may help
By danneth
Money would be much better spent on lessons, IMO it's pointless having something track a swing which is far from perfect which is just trying to get you to mirror the swing of a programmed PGA coach swing, not only that before looking at the swing you need to work on the fundamentals ( addressing the ball, grip, balance etc )

but being a bit of a tech nerd as well i'd say buy it :wink:
By mjhamilton
Had lessons - know the fundamentals just need something to help track

EDIT - fek it.. ordered one.. will see if it helps else sh-t it out via eBay as they seem to sell well :bigthumb:
By mjhamilton
It arrived a few days back and I have found it very useful

The scores are really relevant and when you work on that area you can see the difference immediately on the range

Worth every penny so far for me - it was also an open box item from amazon so was half price which made it even sweeter ;)
By Matto247
Hmm was looking some of these swing analysers earlier on today. There seems to be alot of them to choose from. . .

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]