The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By danneth
160mph_boy wrote:never seen any coverage but heard that watson admitted they got their arses kicked :lol:
As he said 4 of the top 5 in the world were in our team, that and a scottish course for me there was only one outcome, the yanks might have all the education and colleges for this shizzle but I've had thicker carpets than they have rough over there :lol:

Mickleson is a prat for his comments towards Watson as well, if he didn't like his tactics fair enough but to attack a legend in public and try to deflect the blame the guy is a moron.
By Mart
My brother in law's best mate entered a competition for the Ryder cup and won 1st prize with Sky.

Him and 3 friends all paid for trip to Gleneagles.
5 nights in a hotel, 3 day VIP passes for the cup, entrance to the club house, meet with the players. 3 days golfing at a nearby course, and a Nike representative to analyse their swing and make a custom set of clubs each among other things.

I never thought anyone real won them kind of things :lol:
By danneth
Mart wrote:My brother in law's best mate entered a competition for the Ryder cup and won 1st prize with Sky.

Him and 3 friends all paid for trip to Gleneagles.
5 nights in a hotel, 3 day VIP passes for the cup, entrance to the club house, meet with the players. 3 days golfing at a nearby course, and a Nike representative to analyse their swing and make a custom set of clubs each among other things.

I never thought anyone real won them kind of things :lol:

Great prize as well as the Ryder Cup is a right rip off :salut:
By Nuttynutter123
I played the Brabazon at the belfry yesterday. I was very underwhelmed by it.

Luckily I only had to pay £40 for the round. I would have been extremely disappointed if i had paid £150 odd!
By danneth
Nuttynutter123 wrote:I played the Brabazon at the belfry yesterday. I was very underwhelmed by it.

Luckily I only had to pay £40 for the round. I would have been extremely disappointed if i had paid £150 odd!
:shock: in what way?
By Nuttynutter123
It was very rough around the edges, the bunkers had about an inch of sand in them, the fairways were cut long. If the course was not at the belfry I could have easily believed it was a pay and play course.

There is 2-3 signature holes 10-18 and one that escapes me that were decent, but that was only because of their history.

I live right on woburn's doorstep - all 3 courses at that place are in a totally different league compared to the brabazon in my opinion.
By danneth
Nuttynutter123 wrote:It was very rough around the edges, the bunkers had about an inch of sand in them, the fairways were cut long. If the course was not at the belfry I could have easily believed it was a pay and play course.

There is 2-3 signature holes 10-18 and one that escapes me that were decent, but that was only because of their history.

I live right on woburn's doorstep - all 3 courses at that place are in a totally different league compared to the brabazon in my opinion.
It's changed a lot since August then as it was nothing like you described :shock:
By Alan Duckett
gilberto wrote:Any of you lads play golf? I've hung up my football boots for the summer and can't wait to get the clubs out.

Where do you lads play and what's your choice of clubs??
Can't resist a good round once in a while! A few weeks ago I went down to Royal Birkdale to play with the Misses but since my beloved Civic was in the garage I had to rent something for the weekend. Since it was the misses birthday wanted to spoil her and got rented a Porsche 911 GT3 for the two days. Couldn't fit my clubs in though... didn't really think it through in hindsight. Anyways the point was Royal Birkdale is amazing and you should get yourself over there this summer!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]