The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Dubbz
Never really watched it, although seen the odd clip here and there from years ago.

It was on ESPN other week for about 5 hours at Rio De Janeiro so thought I'd record it. Really enjoyed it, bit cringey though when a guy is getting pummelled. There was this one fight where the guy got absolutely battered, must have been 3 mins of pure elbows to his face...he was a mess. Could barely stand up after 1st round...he managed to get to 3rd round before the doctor called it off. Was good watching.

Also, same night, another fighter was strangled so hard his nose just bust WTF!
By m3nyd
Love it. Done some training with rob Olivier fights out of tsunami gym in Cambridge. Think he is cage rage featherweight champion. Hard for me to train as I do shifts and enjoy the gym too.
By Dubbz
That GSP is massive. Have to imagine that if he gets him on the ground even nearly in a submission Condit will feline out.

That jumping knee-to-the-face move Condit has looks pretty lethal though.
By b0t13
gsp condit fight was very good :D

and will be watching the jones v sonnen TUF, i think sonnen is TV gold :D esp with jones as theyll clash massively lol
By b0t13
after watching boxing and MMA, MMA will overtake it and become the biggest sport its just sooo much better in everyway

that gsp condit fight was awesome :D
By NyseriA
Garza/Hominick fight was brutal. Those stringy little boney dudes throw vicious elbows. Hominick was wrecked with cuts everywhere from those elbows. Garza was a pretty well rounded dude, throwing all sorts!

I thought Condit acquitted himself brilliantly, it was a pretty close fight, brilliant to watch :)

GSP is not only awesome, but an annoyingly nice bloke :lol:
By Dubbz
GSP vs Condit was great. When Condit got that kick to his head and GSP went down I thought it was all over at that point. That lump on GSP's head was like something out of a cartoon.

Was Garza/Hominick the fight where the taller guy kept kicking his leg and he had big damage to it?
By chuffy
154 was good. I was getting a bit frustrated at GSP's take downs but then I though - GSP is just making him pay, if Condit was better then he would snuff the take downs and perhaps take GSP down.

Getting a bit pissed off at this "super fight" talk between Silva and GSP. I think these catch weight fights cheapen the sport. What point would silva be proving fighting a smaller guy?

Anyone else not wanting to see this super fight?
By NyseriA
I think that there is less of an issue in weight difference between boxing and MMA though as it's much more down to technique rather than power. Of course, if the difference is too severe, then you're just going to get hammered if the heavier weight is mobile enough.

I'd imagine GSP or Silva could hammer many heavier fighters though. Probably struggle against the best, but even then, I'd give them a good shot at some submissions.

In boxing, you don't have kicks and submissions to use so you're just having to fight someone with a longer reach and a devastatingly stronger punch. Speed wont win you the fight, per se, just keep you away from getting mullered.
By chuffy
Silva is a better striker than condit and conduit droped gsp with a combo and head kick. I'd say if gap took the fight it could waste his career
By NyseriA
Whilst I think GSP is very well rounded, I do think he'd lose to Silva too.

It doesn't matter how good a striker anyone is, if you get kicked in the temple, you get dropped. Even the women put a good 800 lbs of force into a decent kick (Gina Carano) :shock:

Shogun Rua punts out over 2600 lbs in a kick. :shock:

Cain Valazquez registered over 2200 lbs for a punch!!!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]