The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By dutch
for anyone thats interested this starts on sat night on five usa :shock: . contenders range from an english kick boxing champ to four ex nfl stars and the street fighting legend that is kimbo slice :thumbup:

should be interesting :smile:
Last edited by dutch on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By aston_87
I was watching Kimbo Slice fights on teh web years ago.

Was shocked to see him in UFC

Sean Gannon beat him on the underground scene.
Petruzelli (sp.) beat him in UFC.

He's a brawler, and thats all he will ever be. He will win fights through brute force and lose to more technical fighters.

Brings the crowds in though.
By dutch
think hes been doing mma training for a while now mate so he might have improved. read an interview on him and he's worried he'l be a target for fighters on the show because of his background. brock lesnar has improved a lot and all he had was brute strength and greco which is fine untill you get caught in a arm bar or triangle. if kimbos bjj is good he should do well :thumbup:
By Rob
Starts saturday??? go and download it? I watched it yesterday and it was f**king brilliant! The Rampage scene when training the guy with "big`ol titties" is bloody hilarious :lol:
By dutch
Rob wrote:Starts saturday??? go and download it? I watched it yesterday and it was f**king brilliant! The Rampage scene when training the guy with "big`ol titties" is bloody hilarious :lol:

starts saturday nite on tv mate as i said five usa. will wait and watch it on the big telly mate.
By dnz 21
yep already seen it

kimbo has never fought in the ufc. he has no ground game but half decent power on his feet. will it be enough to win? doubt it but even if he doesnt he will prob end up in the ufc anyway

dont bank on him being this all new and improved though as he fell out with his main trainer so god knows what he has been doing the last year or so

on a side note Wes Sims will make it a right laugh if he is on form :-D
By dnz 21
jamsie w wrote:so are five getting ufc? watched the repeat of ufc 102 last sunday night on five now theyve got tuf. thats how bravo used to to it.
its just that mate. a highlight of the last event a week or two after its been on and the TUF shows

wouldnt be surprised to see wired or unleashed make it on there in the future though
By algreene
I heard that Kimbo was training with people like Bill Goldberg.. Is Goldberg a training fighter? Or a WWE no skill wrestler?
By Stevo M81
jamsie w wrote:for anyone thats interested this starts on sat night on five usa :shock: . contenders range from an english kick boxing champ to four ex nfl stars and the street fighting legend that is kimbo slice :thumbup:

should be interesting :smile:
See the state of the guys eye from the 1st fight :shock: and the knock out on the 2nd fight, he was well dazed he could just about walk once he got up.
By dnz 21
algreene wrote:I heard that Kimbo was training with people like Bill Goldberg.. Is Goldberg a training fighter? Or a WWE no skill wrestler?
he was training under the legend that is Bass Rutten untill Kimbo decided he was to good for certain aspects of training and Bas told him where to go. then follows a 35 second KO of Kimbo and the end of Kimbo till he turned up for TUF

Goldberg was at the time the commentator for the organisation Kimbo was fighting in. i.e a no skill wrestler defo not a MMA fighter :-D
By christurbo
Rampage had his ass handed to him last night, his fighter was awful.
By dutch
looks like its going to be good. the banter between rampage and evens looks good. the fight last night was shite both fighters were very slow and had no ground game at all, all the wrestler could do was shot and take down. did you here rampage in the background all he said was get up you gotta get up :lol:
By sa08
dnz 21 wrote:yep already seen it

kimbo has never fought in the ufc. he has no ground game but half decent power on his feet. will it be enough to win? doubt it but even if he doesnt he will prob end up in the ufc anyway

dont bank on him being this all new and improved though as he fell out with his main trainer so god knows what he has been doing the last year or so

on a side note Wes Sims will make it a right laugh if he is on form :-D
I'd agree that Kimbo's ground game is a bit ropey but he's got good knockout power!! Remember Dave 'Tank' Abbott? He was a brawler with poor stamina but technical fighters struggled against him because of the sledgehammers he swung at them!

With the rules in UFC now, the ref would stop a fight pretty quick if Kimbo was raining hammer fists down on someone.

By the time Kimbo faces any 'decent' fighters in the UFC, he'll probably be a lot better than he is now.

P.s. I'm just hoping he's improved his overall mma skills enough to beat the crap out of Brock Lesnar! :-D
By dutch
i hear ya mate i hate brock aswell. he uses his size and strength to advantage which you cant blame him for. so you will nead somebody with the skills of anderson silva at heavyweight to beat him which is unlikly. frank meir got him in a (lucky) but sweet ankle bar :-D . but brockes bjj is getting good so i cant see that happening again, but with somebody with kimbos stand up and power it might just happen :thumbup:
By dnz 21
i honestly think Brock doesnt like being hit (not much of a chin). take a look at the last fight with Mir, Brock didnt like the stand up at all and since when did Mir have ANY power? someone with decent KO power can finish Brock no problem

step forward my boy Carwin :-D

EDIT

oh yeh i remember Tank well. but the fact you have to say REMEMBER proves that he was just a set up for Kimbo. the game well and truly left Tank behind and he no longer had the chin or power to be the 'old Tank' and the only reason he was there was for the pay cheque and to get KO'd
By sa08
Brock always looks nervous while the fights are stand up & I believe he would struggle against someone who can hit like Kimbo. I ain't seen Kimbo's takedown defence but if he could avoid being taken down, it would be an awesome fight!

Rampage Jackson started out as an 'unpaid' street fighter, & he ain't too bad an mma fighter now! :-D

Did I mention that I just want someone to beat the crap out of Brock!!? He showed no class after the second fight with Frank Mir.

It looks like Antonio 'Minotaure' Rodriguez could be next for Brock - would be interesting to see someone as skilled in submissions as him against Brock.....on second thoughts, Frank Mir struggled! :smile: Come on Kimbo!! :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]