The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Kingston
Theres been a few where you can see their hearts just go from it though this series, the Brit was the same.

Ok he was taking hits to the ears which can screw you up but he just gave up, its the same as when they give their back up easily for the rnc, dont want to be seen quitting but doing it anyway.

Glad Bubba got ktfo, he was just looking for an excuse not to fight him
By Hooj
Kingston wrote:Theres been a few where you can see their hearts just go from it though this series, the Brit was the same.

Ok he was taking hits to the ears which can screw you up but he just gave up, its the same as when they give their back up easily for the rnc, dont want to be seen quitting but doing it anyway.

Glad Bubba got ktfo, he was just looking for an excuse not to fight him
Yeh Bubba really was, he lost before he even got into the cage. I thought it was quite unfair really, I'd have preferred to see the other wildcard on Jones' team get the fight.

In fairness to Luke, he took some shots - he didn't give up, he was simply rocked and didn't see the next few coming. But I feel he'll be back in the prelims after all this, so I hope he can make a name for himself that way :smile:
By Hooj
So lets get this thread going again...

TUF 17 finale:

A little bit of controversy for Travis Browne around illegal shots - but I watched the fight in HD and as far as I could see the first 3 elbows hit around the left ear, by which point he's already out - the 4th hits the back of the head due to him going limp and the last the side of the head as he re-adjusts.

He took the opportunity GG gave to him, so don't know why people are talking about Travis being dirty etc... and there was an experienced ref standing a foot away. So IMO the result was fair, great win. Looking forward to his next fight.

Dare I say it, but Bubba actually looked pretty good out there :shock: - perhaps now he can cut weight normally rather than having to stay at 185lbs, he's a much happier bunny. Lets see his next one to decide.

As for the co-main event Hall gave the fight away IMO and Kelvin was prepared enough to take the opportunities that Uriah kept putting in front of him. Sure stand against the fence with your hands down, but a) your not Anderson Silva and b) your ass will get taken down. Tick and tick.

Frankly Hall didn't seem like he truly wanted it, or he didn't get his crazy head sorted before the fight?!!? Either way props to Kelvin, great fight, great pace, fully deserved win.

Quick mention for Scott Jorgensen who put up a valiant effort against Faber and was the first guy in a long time to match Uriahs movement/speed on the ground.

Bring on Jones beating lumps out of Chael :lol:
By Hooj
NyseriA wrote::lol:

Needs more links ;)
Oh didn't know ppl wanted links to the fights, no one had asked! :lol:

Can post links here, but be mindful they tend to get sniped quite quickly of late, so try to watch the fights shortly after the event. They will normally come back during the week after though.

Rather than provide links to each fight, i'll post a few sites that I use that are very reliable, have good forums etc...

http://www.fightnext.com/videos

http://www.fightvideomma.com/

Use the latter site for the Benson Henderson fight, better quality. Oh and do watch UFC on Fox 7, some good fights :smile: Enjoy [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Hooj
Dubbz wrote:Jon Jones toe breaking was fooking horrible
Agreed, that was just nasty! Inevitable end to the fight though, but fair play to Chael for stepping up
By Dubbz
Yeh he didn't stand a chance really. Did you actually see it till the end of the show on ESPN where they found the part showing his toe breaking? [smilie=puking.gif]. Shame about that guys eye as well looked bad.
By dutch
Hooj wrote:
NyseriA wrote::lol:

Needs more links ;)
Oh didn't know ppl wanted links to the fights, no one had asked! :lol:

Can post links here, but be mindful they tend to get sniped quite quickly of late, so try to watch the fights shortly after the event. They will normally come back during the week after though.

Rather than provide links to each fight, i'll post a few sites that I use that are very reliable, have good forums etc...

http://www.fightnext.com/videos

http://www.fightvideomma.com/

Use the latter site for the Benson Henderson fight, better quality. Oh and do watch UFC on Fox 7, some good fights :smile: Enjoy [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Good links dude [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] thought chael would of done better tbh, he is a tricky fighter.

When does silva next fight?
By Hooj
NyseriA wrote:Chael is a great fighter but Jones is a beast. Losing to Silva and Jones is no insult!
Yup that's pretty much what he said - he was really surprised how strong he was etc... Not sure what he's going to do now, he can't get another shot at the MW title and frankly, he can't beat Jones in the LHW. So he may go and fight somewhere else?!

Silva is rumored to have asked Dana for a fight! He's not letting on with who yet, but has let slip that it's going to be a big one. So likely not in the MW division. Keep your eyes peeled!
By Hooj
dutch wrote:Will be a good fight :-D who is the champ at 185 that chael has fought? He has only fought silva once, i think.
He fought Silva twice... the first time he had beaten him, but gave him a submission right at the end of the 5th round. Was an absolute shocker. The second time he got his ass handed to him.

In other news:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-162-silva- ... -las-vegas

I'll be cheering on the Korean Zombie all the way, wanna see him get a title shot! Whole card is stacked though!
By dutch
Hooj wrote:
dutch wrote:Will be a good fight :-D who is the champ at 185 that chael has fought? He has only fought silva once, i think.
He fought Silva twice... the first time he had beaten him, but gave him a submission right at the end of the 5th round. Was an absolute shocker. The second time he got his ass handed to him.

In other news:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-162-silva- ... -las-vegas

I'll be cheering on the Korean Zombie all the way, wanna see him get a title shot! Whole card is stacked though!

is the zombie fighting in the ufc now? i'm so out of touch atm

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]