The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Papillon
About time they got their own thread I'd have thought. :P
By Mark83
I was at todays game. Adebayor insighted our fans :bad-words: I hope the FA take action as I saw the consequences first hand.
By Papillon
Insulted or incited? :wink:

Either way, yes he did. Silly boy will get punished for that. And rightly so.
By Mark83
Papillon wrote:Insulted or incited? :wink:

Either way, yes he did. Silly boy will get punished for that. And rightly so.
You know what I mean :roll: :wink:

I feel sorry for the steward getting a full bottle of Coke thrown from the upper tier that hit him in the face and knocking him to the ground. Disgraceful behaviour from our fans although can be mitigated to some extent by Adebayor running the full length of the pitch to taunt and incited the Arsenal supporters.
By Papillon
Which of course is exactly why players aren't allowed to do it. Even so, there's no excuse for a fan doing something like that. Bans all around I would guess.

Still, on the wider issue, a very good start to the season from City (win's against Arsenal are historically as rare as hen's teeth) - though I suspect the 100% record will come to an end next week at Old Trafford!
By neemstar
In 76,
This is true,
A Trophy was won by a team in blue,
It's been a long time, since the day,
So we'll sing a song,
That they f*cking hate,
32 years,
(f*ck all),
32 years,
(f*ck all),
32 years,
(f*ck all),
32 years,
(f*ck all),
32 years,
(f*ck all),
32 years,
(f*ck all),
32 years,
(f*ck all),
32 years,
(f*ck all)

:thumbup:
By Papillon
Ah yes. The usual United fans in need of a thesaurus.
By Papillon
Suspect that City might well win something this year though. Possibly the League Cup, which they seem to be taking seriously. Probably a good idea too - get the monkey off their back with a junior trophy and build from there?
By Newannaive
Papillon wrote:though I suspect the 100% record will come to an end next week at Old Trafford!
bollocks..! You're not putting that hex on us this early..city should and probably will win easily at OT. :badrazz:
By smartie
Arsenal were piss poor to be fair. Defensively at least, giving the ball away far too easily. Also Adebayor is a complete cock. :lol:
By Papillon
Ah, the ever present question as to whether it is the team being poor or the opposition making them look poor. Truth is, however poor Arsenal might be, few teams in the league have the ability to put them away like that, so it's undoubtedly a step up this season for City. Early days yet though, we don't really have much idea how good they are. Next week won't tell us either, because even poor City sides have got up for a derby. We'll probably know by Christmas.

And I suspect few would disagree with you re: Adebayor. But then, so was Ronaldo. :wink:
By algreene
City are just a bunch of renegades.. Truely despicable team now. More so than Chelski.

Mark Hughes comments that Adebayor was just celebrating and there happened to be some Arsenal fans there was stupid..

Sylvain Distin summed them up nicely..
Distin does not wish to be seen as Lescott's replacement, but then the centre-back is accomplished enough to deserve the right to assert his own standards. "We are two different players," he stresses. "I'm here to do my own stuff. I'm not here to be compared to him. They have given me his locker, though. It was empty, apart from a big pile of cash.
By kingofdbrits
Does anyone else think Adebayor stamped on Van Persie's face, from one angle it looked quite deliberate?

Also, does anyone know if this latest Billionaire to take ownership is giving them the money or like Abramovich, just lending them £100'sM so when he gets bored the club will cease to exist with a £500M debt?
By neemstar
kingofdbrits wrote:Does anyone else think Adebayor stamped on Van Persie's face, from one angle it looked quite deliberate?

Also, does anyone know if this latest Billionaire to take ownership is giving them the money or like Abramovich, just lending them £100'sM so when he gets bored the club will cease to exist with a £500M debt?
Looked very deliberate.

He looked down at RVP (who is also a cnut :lol: ), then proceeded to bring his foot down heavy, for no reason as he didn't even look off balance. Could have damaged his eye on another day. 2 match ban coming his way.

On the other hand, his celebration was just the heat of the moment (albeit very silly and probably going to get him fined), after all the stick he must have been getting all game. I love how fans think players are not human, that they can just take all the "banter" (which is all good) but when players react, the fans have an emotional spasm and want blood.
By smartie
neemstar wrote:
kingofdbrits wrote:Does anyone else think Adebayor stamped on Van Persie's face, from one angle it looked quite deliberate?

Looked very deliberate.

He looked down at RVP (who is also a cnut :lol: ), then proceeded to bring his foot down heavy, for no reason as he didn't even look off balance. Could have damaged his eye on another day. 2 match ban coming his way.

On the other hand, his celebration was just the heat of the moment (albeit very silly and probably going to get him fined), after all the stick he must have been getting all game. I love how fans think players are not human, that they can just take all the "banter" (which is all good) but when players react, the fans have an emotional spasm and want blood.
Heat of the moment he runs the entire length of the pitch and antagonises the Arsenal fans, bollocks, it was deliberate and premeditated in my opinion. :smile: For the amount of money they are paid they should show some professionalism and ignore "banter".

Not sure on the stamp to be honest, possibly deliberate, quite hard to judge.
By neemstar
smartie wrote:
neemstar wrote:

Looked very deliberate.

Heat of the moment he runs the entire length of the pitch and antagonises the Arsenal fans, bollocks, it was deliberate and premeditated in my opinion. :smile: For the amount of money they are paid they should show some professionalism and ignore "banter".

Not sure on the stamp to be honest, possibly deliberate, quite hard to judge.
I doubt it was pre meditated. After hearing songs about himself and mother all game, it must have been a good feeling to get one over on them. I agree, he should have let his football do the talking instead on running the full length of the pitch like a twat.

I don't agree that just because he is a footballer he should have to ignore it, after all it's banter isn't it? The fans give it out (and rightly so) but sometimes you have to expect a little back from the players.

This does not take away from the fact that he should have used his head considering his situation with the Arse, but he's a footballer, they don't have brains.

The stamp was very deliberate imo.
By kingofdbrits
neemstar wrote:

I don't agree that just because he is a footballer he should have to ignore it, after all it's banter isn't it? The fans give it out (and rightly so) but sometimes you have to expect a little back from the players.

This does not take away from the fact that he should have used his head considering his situation with the Arse, but he's a footballer, they don't have brains.
Adebayor is a very highly paid professional so should act like it, Premiership players are under the spot light but they're more than adequately compensated. They have sports phycologists amongst other support staff helping them deal with all the pressure so IMO any premiership player showing this level of contempt to the fans that used to support him and pay his wages should be heavily fined by the FA.
By neemstar
kingofdbrits wrote:
neemstar wrote:

Adebayor is a very highly paid professional so should act like it, Premiership players are under the spot light but they're more than adequately compensated. They have sports phycologists amongst other support staff helping them deal with all the pressure so IMO any premiership player showing this level of contempt to the fans that used to support him and pay his wages should be heavily fined by the FA.
No money, psychology etc will take away from the fact that he still has normal emotions. People in the spotlight normally curb these emotions when in the public eye, but sometimes shit happens.
However, it does not make it ok and he will be fined for inciting violence (quite rightly so). :thumbup:
By Papillon

Giving. City are completely debt free. It's really just an extension of the Sovereign Wealth Fund.

I don't think Adebayor has the slightest excuse for what he did.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]