The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By PH47MF
typical England, can't hold onto 1 nil wins. should have put the foot down to get the second goal before half time. :bumsmack:
By danneth
m1ke wrote:Game of two halves last night, Carrick outshone Gerrard.

Carrick 51 passes, 92% completion, one key pass.
Gerrard 54 passes, 74% completion, three key passes.
I would still take gerrard everyday, he try's the long ball a lot more so the % will never be as good as someone passing sideways all game. I can't see Carrick starting to many games anyway once everyone is back / fit
By smartie
m1ke wrote:Carrick will start every game.

Carrick 3 tackles, one interception, one block.
Gerrard 0 tackles, 2 interceptions, one block.
Two different roles. Retarded use of stats to try and prove a retarded point.
By m1ke
They were playing exactly the same role, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the stats.

Hart
Johnson smalling lescott cole
Gerrard Carrick
Milner cleverly welbeck
Rooney.

Exactly the same role.
By TimEP3
danneth wrote:

I would still take gerrard everyday, he try's the long ball a lot more so the % will never be as good as someone passing sideways all game. I can't see Carrick starting to many games anyway once everyone is back / fit
Michael Carrick has made more forward passes (782) than any other player in the Premier League this season. 110 more than any other midfielder.

Amazing how little people understand about modern football.
By danneth
TimEP3 wrote:
danneth wrote:

Michael Carrick has made more forward passes (782) than any other player in the Premier League this season. 110 more than any other midfielder.

Very misleading stat really, lets me honest it can still be passed sideways yet classed as "forward"

There is a reason Gerrard has started 80 England games or so more than Carrick, but if people want to keep making a case for Carrick go for it :salut:
By TimEP3
danneth wrote:
TimEP3 wrote:
danneth wrote:

Very misleading stat really, lets me honest it can still be passed sideways yet classed as "forward"

There is a reason Gerrard has started 80 England games or so more than Carrick, but if people want to keep making a case for Carrick go for it :salut:
Jesus wept.

If the first line was the case, it's the same for everyone. Ergo he's still made more forward passes, and more passes overall.

Xavi makes far more sideways passes than Carrick - is he crap?
By PH47MF
being in the same position doesn't mean they were instructed to play the same game, it was obvious gerard was asked to show more creativity and push forward to support when he can. stats don't mean sh-t.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]