The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By J4Y
Finaly starting to string some decent performances together of late,

biggest test being tomorrow against Roma, getting our squad back to full strengh has help a fair bit although it speaks volumes about our "depth" when the addition of 3 players (diaby,eduardo and Theo) tottaly transforms the looks and playing style of our team.

We Should progress as we have tightend up alot defensivly and Roma will be missing key defenders and their midfeild general De Rossi is banned if we score early then i feel the tie will be dead.

i do expect a semi major shake up this summer with Adebayour looking almost certain for the chop and will be shipped of the the higest biddger and possibly silvestre being released Simpson will move on too hopefullly to one of the promoted clubs so he can stay in the prem

wouldnt mind seeing a further young center back to be added perferbly Sakho from PSG so he can forge a realtionship with Harviet who I expect to push for a Carling cup slot and make the first team squad next season and the whole world and their dog knows Cesc need a defensive partner - i wonder if AC will do a deal to throw in flamini for Ade lol but my first choice would be some one like Cana from L'OM another central midfeiler/wonger added too in the mould of Gourcouff -

but this is arsenal here and we wont sign any of them lol

Many people forget the players we have on loan Barazite at derby has been playing well on the wing and Traore is getting better and better for Pompey when he plays

oh well on wards and upwards :thumbup:
By Newannaive
as much as I think the gooners are a bunch of cheating flips, I genuinely hope wenger doesn't fall foul of the ban hammer...which is a situation I predict the media will be promoting as the season goes on. He is an asset to the premiership.

as for the current squad - young, naive, in-experienced, no leadership are just some of the problems..good luck. :lol:
By bretty1984
The problem he has got is that he has no real spine to the side. i think gallas is a weakness and they need another dominating midfielder, adabayor is a waste of money and is actually quite laughable to watch.

Once Wenger gets the spine of his side back they will be back playing the way wenger wants them to.

He is a great manager and has done a brilliant job especially signing the youngsters that he has done.
By J4Y
Newannaive wrote:as much as I think the gooners are a bunch of cheating flips, I genuinely hope wenger doesn't fall foul of the ban hammer...which is a situation I predict the media will be promoting as the season goes on. He is an asset to the premiership.

as for the current squad - young, naive, in-experienced, no leadership are just some of the problems..good luck. :lol:

we're like guiness mate, good things come to those who wait - just we take longer than 119 seconds :lol:

young - yes we are young in-experence nope i have to disagree many of our players have been playing both champions league and premier league football for a few years now i dont think you can call clichy,toure,gallas,almunia,cesc, in experenced.

as for leadership we have that, people get that confused with fight and physical presence in essence we are the same team as last year bar the Flam man he provided said fight and presence that we laxck this season

i think many a football fan will be surprised next season

i agree bretty a spine is needed IMO since gallas lost the arm band he has transformed back to his old self and is looking like the gallas of the chelsea days we need to replace that whacking great hole in the middle of the park and i'm more than confident RvP and EDS will strike up a good partnership soon.

what we lacked when theo wasnt available was PACE the amount of times i went to the games and thought to myself "i've never seen a slower team than this under wenger" was alot, hopefully with Theo back Arshavin getting fitter and fitter Nasri settling in we could add this pace back
By dean71
i like what your saying about buying some more quality players and agree but i am more concerned about keeping the quality players we already have, might be one or two surprises there.
we need to win something this year then build on that :thumbup:
By J4Y
dean71 wrote:i like what your saying about buying some more quality players and agree but i am more concerned about keeping the quality players we already have, might be one or two surprises there.
RvP & Theo have already said they will sign a new contracts so i hope they dont do a Flamini on us and get turnt by other clubs offers, and ultimatley like Helb and Flamini end up regretting the decision.

i think Cesc will stay another 2 years and if we havnt won a major cup in that time he will be off to Barca to play under his idol Pep. I'm resigned to the fact that like C.Ronaldo at United one day he will move on to play for his dream club but i couldnt blame Cesc should he move on as he gave Arsenal 100% all of time whist playing for the club.
By dean71
J4Y wrote:
dean71 wrote:i like what your saying about buying some more quality players and agree but i am more concerned about keeping the quality players we already have, might be one or two surprises there.
RvP & Theo have already said they will sign a new contracts so i hope they dont do a Flamini on us and get turnt by other clubs offers, and ultimatley like Helb and Flamini end up regretting the decision.

i think Cesc will stay another 2 years and if we havnt won a major cup in that time he will be off to Barca to play under his idol Pep. I'm resigned to the fact that like C.Ronaldo at United one day he will move on to play for his dream club but i couldnt blame Cesc should he move on as he gave Arsenal 100% all of time whist playing for the club.
agreed with that no one is bigger than a club,look at the likes of viera and co, they aint the same players imho since they left,hopefully cesc will stay at least 2+ years to see the quality team wenger is trying to build, but barca will be knocking on his door again towards the end of the season and it might be too much to resist this year if we are trophy-less,if he does decide to go he wont be the only one
By Newannaive
you have blackburn at home on saturday don't you..???

120mins tonight in italy + flight home tomorrow = draw at weekend. :P
By dean71
Newannaive wrote:you have blackburn at home on saturday don't you..???

could be right but who gives a f*ck the leagues gone and we just won the penalty shoot out :WOOT
By J4Y
dean71 wrote:

could be right but who gives a f*ck the leagues gone and we just won the penalty shoot out :WOOT
in best scouse accent "its our year" lol

we'll beat blackburn too :thumbup:
By dean71
J4Y wrote:
dean71 wrote:

in best scouse accent "its our year" lol

we'll beat blackburn too :thumbup:
yeah would be handy for the points just in case, the draw will be interesting or a stitch up for english teams :roll:
By J4Y
roma fans stormed a Arsenal bus

a Arsenal fan was stabbed

Roma "Ultra" fans = scum
By dean71
J4Y wrote:roma fans stormed a Arsenal bus

a Arsenal fan was stabbed

Roma "Ultra" fans = scum
+1 bunch of t*ssers the final will be interesting then :boxing:
By J4Y
Dudu out with a grion strane, just shows what other muscels are effected when your out for so long, still makes sense why he looked leggy and off pace when he came on in the roma game.
By dean71
J4Y wrote:Dudu out with a grion strane, just shows what other muscels are effected when your out for so long, still makes sense why he looked leggy and off pace when he came on in the roma game.
thats always the way after a long layoff,
see my g/f for the first time in a couple of weeks last night,got my muscle out and pulled me hamstring :roll: i feel dudo's pain :lol:
By J4Y
Best home performance htis year!

Eboue's dances are comdey!
By dean71
J4Y wrote:Best home performance htis year!

Eboue's dances are comdey!
will watch it tonight, all we need now is for the yid scum to do us a favour and beat villa then we can concentrate on catching chelsea :WOOT
By Papillon
Did he get booked for that?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]