The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By TimEP3
Why would we let Falcao go this month when we paid a fortune to get him on a season-long loan?

And if Hummels was going to leave Dortmund in this window, why would it have had to wait until the middle of it for the deal to be completed?

The papers are full to the throat with absolute bullsh*t. I pay zero attention to 99% of what is written in them.
By Stevo07
No point signing any players if the manager plans to play shite formations which get the best out of none of his many talented players.
By danneth
Sky Sports are reporting that Sheffield Wednesday are closing in on the signing of Manchester United striker Will Keane on loan (RW)

Hope he does better than he did at the other clubs while on loan ( if it does come off )
By danneth
m1ke wrote:He needs a good loan spell, he'll never be a United player though.
As long as he can shoot on target he will do for me :lol:
By danneth
Its not even loan it is a 3.5 year deal, seen mixed reviews about him although looks like he was shortlisted for reserve player of the year in 2013? Must have some right dross in there if he's that bad lol
By TimEP3
My god, this new forum is hideous ...

Anyway, seems we're continuing along the same lines as we have been for some time now. Play sh*te, somehow get the win. I was at the Burnley game and we were absolutely hopeless. Nodded off at one point during the first half, although that may have been partly due to starting drinking at 7am on the boat across.

Don't fancy us at all tonight. Then again, i haven't fancied us against anyone for a long, long time now. Seems RVP is a doubt, which could be a blessing in disguise. We certainly won't be any worse if we put Wilson up top, with his pace. That said, it could very easily be Fellaini in instead. Vomit.

Just hoping that once LVG gets what he wants in the summer, and has a full pre-season with this squad, we see a lot better than we have this season. I must admit, i don't see us finishing top 4 this season. While our actual results over the last 15 games have been better than any other team, our performances have been terrible. When we come up with our run of fixtures including Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc, we'll drop a lot of points then.
By TimEP3
12 games remaining, 5 of which are Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and City.

Also away to Newcastle and Everton, with a record of 2 away wins so far all season.

Recently, we've struggled to beat Cambridge and Preston.

My wager: 6th at best. We've dropped 31 points so far this season. We dropped 50 over all of the last one. I think this season will end up being worse than last - certainly in points terms, if perhaps not league position.

Some of the choices that are being made are absolutely beyond comprehension. Rafael has been removed from the picture altogether, replaced by a winger who is a) sh*t and b) done, or a kid who plays elsewhere. Of such standard are his replacements that they managed a half each yesterday, and were both completely ineffectual. Fellaini being used as number 10 is almost as stupid as using Rooney in centre-midfield. Fellaini's strenght (one, that's all he has) is his ability in the air - not something which is used in the number 10 position. I can just about understand using him against teams who might play more direct football, but against Swansea? He has a total of zero of the traits that you'd look for in a top class number 10. Finally, how Van Persie merits inclusion every week is a total mystery to me and probably everyone else. He's been completely hopeless for the best part of 18 months.
By bretty1984
I haven't posted in here for some time but I have no idea what is going on at United.
I thought Van Gaal sent out a clear message in the summer with his signings but he has got them playing in such a strange way that it just is not working.

Despite injuries he has too many players to please and the chopping and changing of the team is not helping the consistency. Granted that United's recent record is pretty decent things still do not look promising.

As you say Tim, Rafael has been replaced with someone who is of an average standard. I have never known a player to get into the final third of the field and then look absolutely clueless as to what he has to do with the ball.
The Fellaini thing is a mystery, he has no real place in United's team but playing him as a number 10 is absolutely beyond. It encourages long balls and angled crosses as they have a focal point but it still isn't working. In truth I am sick about hearing about how Falcao has to leave etc etc. Yes he is underperforming but lets not forget that RVP has been playing poorly and United's record signing???? What the hell has he been doing recently, he started the season relatively well, picked up an injury, returned and hasn't been seen since.

The thing is, if all of these players begin performing other players will perform but when he is playing Rooney in midfield and then rotating mata, blind herrera, Carrick ( when fit) how can the team have any consistency. It is great that United have the ability to dominate games and they seem to be brilliant at passing the ball side to side and backwards but there is nobody making it happen from a midfield perspective in the final third. If they had that then it would benefit Falcao and RVP.

As it currently stands the whole philosophy thing hat LVG keeps banging on about is just a mask for him to hide behind. He needs to sign the right players in the summer starting with some good defenders and someone who can play out wide on the right and deliver. Perhaps he wants to start showing a bit of respect to Herrera and Mata because they are players who can create something.
By danneth
danneth wrote:Sky Sports are reporting that Sheffield Wednesday are closing in on the signing of Manchester United striker Will Keane on loan (RW)

Hope he does better than he did at the other clubs while on loan ( if it does come off )
Looks quality at this level, think he has 4 goals in 5 games now but has a lot of other qualities

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]