The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By berty182
Good signings........... from a jealous Liverpool fan :lol:
By EvoStu
TimEP3 wrote:BRING ME ALL OF THE SIGNINGS! ALLLL OF THE SIGNINGS!!!!
Woodward has redeemed himself. Epic signings.
By danneth
I thought they looked decent signings, my mate a manc doesn't seem as impressed, guess time will tell
By khani47
danneth wrote:I thought they looked decent signings, my mate a manc doesn't seem as impressed, guess time will tell
Not sure why he's not impressed, depay - exciting young player, Shwiney - world cup winner in 2014, Shniderlin - proven PL player and Darmian is the only player with question marks over his head...
We are still 2-3 players short of a title wining team.
By EvoStu
TimEP3 wrote:
danneth wrote:I thought they looked decent signings, my mate a manc doesn't seem as impressed, guess time will tell
Who would he have had us sign?
Ronaldo, Bale, Muller, De Gea (re-sign), Ramos, Pogba probably. LOL!
By EvoStu
TimEP3 wrote:Lads, we is going win EVERYTHUNG!!
He's forming a pretty amazing squad now. Just need a couple more and the Di Maria saga needs resolving with a replacement.
By TimEP3
It'll be ADM out and Pedro in, probably at some point over this week. No doubting ADM is a more talented player, but i think having a player who actually wants to be there, will be more beneficial to the squad as a whole.

Still think we're lacking a little bit of magic, but LVG has admitted as much himself in his interview last night. The Ramos saga looks like it is finally drawing to a close, so i'd like to see us move on from that and get a new CB in asap.
By EvoStu
TimEP3 wrote:It'll be ADM out and Pedro in, probably at some point over this week. No doubting ADM is a more talented player, but i think having a player who actually wants to be there, will be more beneficial to the squad as a whole.

Still think we're lacking a little bit of magic, but LVG has admitted as much himself in his interview last night. The Ramos saga looks like it is finally drawing to a close, so i'd like to see us move on from that and get a new CB in asap.
Couldn't agree more on the ADM situation. With regards Ramos, lets be straight, it was never really going to happen. Ramos was almost certainly using United as a bargaining tool.
By TimEP3
Long time no post in here. So much for Pedro situation. At least we've decided to waste some more time on Bale, if reports are to be believed. Sound decision making from the board, here.

Also, Wayne Rooney is f*cking useless. That concludes my analysis of the start of the season.
By TimEP3
Same thing as usual at the weekend. Brightish start, don't get the goal, fade away to nothing. A good set play and a terrible decision from Gomez covered up a lot of cracks, not to mention a moment of genius from Martial.

1 shot on target from open play in the whole game. Anyway, we're not great, Liverpool are horrendous - at least we got the win.
By EvoStu
TimEP3 wrote:Same thing as usual at the weekend. Brightish start, don't get the goal, fade away to nothing. A good set play and a terrible decision from Gomez covered up a lot of cracks, not to mention a moment of genius from Martial.

1 shot on target from open play in the whole game. Anyway, we're not great, Liverpool are horrendous - at least we got the win.
I really do fear for the game at Southampton. United's defence and wing play severely impacted due to Shaw's injury, and playing a side who will crucify them on the counter.
By EvoStu
JawsEP3 wrote:Martial repaying a chunk of that transfer fee...
Big time. Must admit, 30 mins in and I was fearing the worst, Southampton were actually pretty fantastic.

United did their usual making it difficult for themselves later on.
By TimEP3
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back down to earth with a BUMP! Lol.

Van Gaal's worst performance as manager, i'd say. Bad choice with the starting midfield, got it tactically wrong yesterday and the game had passed him by before anything was changed. Some awful individual performances, too. Darmian very poor, both midfielders a mile off pace in the first half. Special mention to Wayne Rooney, though. Our worst player, week after week. Seems to finally be some mention of it in the mainstream media, at last, but it's still staggering how he plays every week. Doesn't score regularly, doesn't create anything, frequently loses possession.

United's most fouled player this season: Martial. United's least fouled: Rooney. He's so poor, the opposition don't even bother to kick him anymore.

Much credit to the Sun, though. Rooney 7/10 for yesterday. Walcott, in what many have described as his best ever Arsenal performance, got 6/10. Brilliant stuff.
By EvoStu
Arsenal going forward were epic in all honesty, they were absolutely brutal.
By TimEP3
Wayne Rooney: pub footballer.

Honestly, the only possible reason he can still be picked is that United agreed to some sort of clause that he plays when fit, when Moyes was in charge and we were under pressure to tie Rooney to a new contract. He is so, so, so far behind the level of the rest of the team, it's scarcely believable. And players are continuously shunted out of position, or dropped, to accommodate him. Beggars belief. Last year, Herrera spent half the season watching, so we could all lol @ the state of Rooney trying to be a midfielder. Currently, Martial, by far our best striker, has been posted to left-wing duty, in order to have Rooney perform his headless chicken act in the number 9 role.

What does Rooney bring? He has never been particularly brilliant at any single aspect, but he always had the fire, drive and work-rate that would bring others on. Now, we literally have a centre-forward who is almost no threat to the opposition. Can't beat a man. Can't score from distance. No pace to be a threat in behind the defence. Not strong in the air. Awful touch so can't receive the ball to feet. Doesn't bring others into play. No vision or creative traits, to play others in behind. Useless.

Doumbia is nowhere near the level required by Man United, yet he was many, many times more threatening than Rooney, last night. Would United have looked as bad if they had Doumbia leading their attack, in Rooney's place?

Fellaini had more touches than Rooney, and he only came on at half-time. In the first half, only De Gea had fewer touches than Rooney, and even at that, it was only 2 fewer touches. How can this man keep getting games?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]