The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By andy.h
Hopefully this is a good start at re building the side whilst Gerrard had some good games last season he was pretty poor for alot of them and a few yards of the pace. Him and hendo in midfield might bring abit of stability again.
By EvoStu
berty182 wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city

Great signing in my opinion, such an underrated player! he managed to get 18 games last season at city with the talent they have is good going. He puts in the hard graft, very similar attitude to Henderson on the pitch. I do believe we need more experience, hopefully that's one thing that was mentioned during the end of season review with the owners
Firmino is a better signing. I have to be honest and say I'm quite disappointed that United didn't get him.

Needs a lot of support though, and his lack of the language could go against him, learning Scouse isn't easy.
By Stevo M81
berty182 wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city

Great signing in my opinion, such an underrated player! he managed to get 18 games last season at city with the talent they have is good going. He puts in the hard graft, very similar attitude to Henderson on the pitch. I do believe we need more experience, hopefully that's one thing that was mentioned during the end of season review with the owners
+1 great signing, as you said Millar is a great talent
By TimEP3
Number of Hoffenheim games i've seen: 0. Opinion on Firmino: nada. I hear he's potentially very good, but really couldn't give a flying one about United not signing him. God knows we've enough creative/floating types. A Schneiderlein deal is of far more interest to me.

Other aspect of the Firmino thing is, if he turns out to be brilliant, he'll be off in a couple of seasons anyway. No big deal.
By EvoStu
TimEP3 wrote:Number of Hoffenheim games i've seen: 0. Opinion on Firmino: nada. I hear he's potentially very good, but really couldn't give a flying one about United not signing him. God knows we've enough creative/floating types. A Schneiderlein deal is of far more interest to me.

Other aspect of the Firmino thing is, if he turns out to be brilliant, he'll be off in a couple of seasons anyway. No big deal.
One of the good things about spending time in Germany, I have seen him, and the boy is a proper talent. Plus he can play either side or through the middle. Needs a lot of service though when he's on his own.
By TimEP3
Yeah, i've heard good things about him. I'd have been quite pleased had we got him, but we've a lot more important signings to worry about.

One bad stat i did read was that he scores with an average of 1 in every 13.5 shots. Stats show that the average players scores with 1 in every 9. For that reason (and more so the fact that they've signed him) i'm out. :D
By EvoStu
Some pretty good signings by the 5 man board at Liverpool. I'm quite dismayed that they've managed to get some decent dealings done. :Question:
By andy.h
Makes a change from last season hopefully they turn out well. Looking forward to who else might come in if any but things are looking positive.
By EvoStu
andy.h wrote:Makes a change from last season hopefully they turn out well. Looking forward to who else might come in if any but things are looking positive.
I think the star for you lot is actually Milner. He's a proper hard worker. One person I'm surprised you let go was Glen Johnson, yes he had a few injuries but he's still a good squad player to have.
By berty182
Very happy with the signings so far especially Firmino, Clyne and Milner. Still waiting for a decent striker to be signed. Whats everyones opinions on Benteke?
By kev_croombs2
berty182 wrote:Very happy with the signings so far especially Firmino, Clyne and Milner. Still waiting for a decent striker to be signed. Whats everyones opinions on Benteke?
Decent'ish player but not worth the reported c.£25-30mill. Didn't villa struggle to score for half the season?

That said, not sure who is available for that sort of money that doesn't want CL? Still think Balo could come good.

Good signings so far, need to offload some of the rubbish now. Namely Borini, Lambert, Allen, Markovic
By andy.h
I can't believe balo is still there after his small but pretty apauling contribution last season but yeah given the clubs confidence at keeping him he might come good. Defo agree with the milner signing we missed a good hearted last season with the insurance at playing Gerrard even though he was a few paces of the game.
By smartie
Well I just got Team of the Season Clyne in my Fifa 15 team and hes brilliant. :P

Benteke is a decent player, however thats a lot of money. Though who else really wants to play here, no champions league and cant afford insane wages like other sides.
By berty182
I'm very undecided on Benteke, he definitely isn't worth the reported 30+ million. Yeah he scores goals but like Villa's manager said, We don't cross the ball in to the box much which is one of Benteke's biggest factors, we need someone with pace who will work hard and stretch the opposing defence like Suarez did! Ohh and one who can score might help :lol:
By Mark
Can NOT wait to see Firmino in action.
By smartie
No point crossing the ball a lot when Sterling was in the middle. May be slightly different with Benteke(or if Sturridge is fit). Benteke also scores goals with both feet and its also strong and quick.

Quietly hopeful of Benteke adding some goals.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:No point crossing the ball a lot when Sterling was in the middle. May be slightly different with Benteke(or if Sturridge is fit). Benteke also scores goals with both feet and its also strong and quick.

Quietly hopeful of Benteke adding some goals.
Liverpool have a very good squad this year. They should be top 6 easily.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]