The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By berty182
EvoStu wrote:
berty182 wrote:A faint light at the end of the tunnel has definitely been turned on, we only have ourselves to blame this season, maximum points against west brom and hull would have seen us back in the top 4
Coulda, woulda! You could argue United shouldn't have dropped the last 9 points because they'd be second.
True that! Going to be an unpredictable ending to the season i think
By kev_croombs2
I didn't see any of the game but really does seem like Rodgers might not be the man to turn this around.

Maybe with a decent clearout this summer it can be a clean slate, or do you give that chance to a new manager? I'm not sure most liverpool fans will be that unhappy to see him go.
By andy.h
I think Rodgers has taken us as far as he can tbf. Last season was madness and we rode it right up to the end but this season he's been caught out and weve been nowhere near good enough. Gerrard should have retired to the usa at the end of last year on a high after a cracking season just missing out on the title instead he's leaving on a pretty sour note loosing 6-1 to stoke :lol:
By EvoStu
andy.h wrote:I think Rodgers has taken us as far as he can tbf. Last season was madness and we rode it right up to the end but this season he's been caught out and weve been nowhere near good enough. Gerrard should have retired to the usa at the end of last year on a high after a cracking season just missing out on the title instead he's leaving on a pretty sour note loosing 6-1 to stoke [emoji38]
I don't think that's the case. Rogers obviously isn't a duffer as he managed to get then second in the league. The issue lies in who this 5 man board chose to buy using the Suarez money. Poor choices all round. They should have gone for 2 big stars rather than 27 fringe pool players.

I see that the chap on loan in France from Liverpool has been voted the worst striker of the year in the French league.
By Stevo07
EvoStu wrote:
andy.h wrote:I think Rodgers has taken us as far as he can tbf. Last season was madness and we rode it right up to the end but this season he's been caught out and weve been nowhere near good enough. Gerrard should have retired to the usa at the end of last year on a high after a cracking season just missing out on the title instead he's leaving on a pretty sour note loosing 6-1 to stoke [emoji38]
I don't think that's the case. Rogers obviously isn't a duffer as he managed to get then second in the league. The issue lies in who this 5 man board chose to buy using the Suarez money. Poor choices all round. They should have gone for 2 big stars rather than 27 fringe pool players.

I see that the chap on loan in France from Liverpool has been voted the worst striker of the year in the French league.
This.

I've said it before, whoever is in charge of recruitment at Liverpool needs the bullet. They'll continue to have these problems until then.
By berty182
everyone knew before the season started that we needed a world class striker after the sale of Suarez! They also had the chance in January but still nothing! Then again i don't think even a world class striker would have helped much, our defence is a joke
By TimEP3
Why would a genuinely world-class striker join Liverpool? They don't offer Champions League football and in the past 6 seasons they've finished 7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd and 6th. Not to mention the fact they haven't won a title in a quarter of a century, and don't pay anywhere near the salaries offered by the clubs they'd like to compete with. Any world-class striker out there will have considerably better options than that on the table.
By berty182
The fact that we pushed United nearly all the way for 4th spot without a decent striker tells you that were not a bad team. The foundations are there, if we had someone on the pitch who could finish we would have finished in the top 4. Look at the game against United at old Trafford, we dominated the game, had loads of chances but all were missed as we had Sterling playing upfront!
By smartie
We wont get a "world class" striker, don't have the pulling power or cash to match bigger clubs. Even if we did get a "world class"(stupid phrase) striker they might end up doing a Falcao.

Rather have some promising/talented younger players.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:We wont get a "world class" striker, don't have the pulling power or cash to match bigger clubs. Even if we did get a "world class"(stupid phrase) striker they might end up doing a Falcao.

Pretty much that in a nutshell. As its also been said, they had their chance to sign someone world class (I also hate that phrase) before the start of the season and didn't. :Question:
By TimEP3
smartie wrote:We wont get a "world class" striker, don't have the pulling power or cash to match bigger clubs. Even if we did get a "world class"(stupid phrase) striker they might end up doing a Falcao.

Yeah, that's the only approach to take. The problem comes when you go from being a club signing these players in an attempt to catch up with the big boys, to a club that players see as a stepping stone to one of the bigger teams - as you're seeing with Sterling at the moment.

Obviously we're dealing with something similar with De Gea at the moment, although that's slightly different when comparing the lure of Real Madrid to that of Chlesea/City (or even United, if you believe the media).
By smartie
Hard to know whats going on with Sterling, so much shite in the press, hard to know the truth of the situation. Fking agents ruin things too. In my mind he is yet to prove himself on a consistent basis. Though Bodgers often plays him out of his best position. If someone comes and bids 30 mill they can have him.

Rather he stayed and kept on improving though.
By andy.h
If we didn't have suarez we wouldn't have got second spot last season it wasn't the manager who got us there as we were letting in goals like it was going out of fashion. This season without suarez he's been caught out, i think there give him another season but with liverpool wanting to keep balotelli the signs arnt looking good.
By smartie
He was a big loss but Sturridge has also been a huge loss. Where would would be if he had been fit.

Actually conceded 2 less goals this year but scored HALF as many. :lol:
By Stevo07
Wouldn't surprise me if Sterling thinks he won't win anything/much at Liverpool and fancies his chances elsewhere.

FWIW I think he's massively overrated anyway.
By smartie
Stevo07 wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Sterling thinks he won't win anything/much at Liverpool and fancies his chances elsewhere.

FWIW I think he's massively overrated anyway.
Sometimes great, often anonymous, has a lot of growing up/improving to do.
By andy.h
If we get offered good money for him sell him the way his manager and maybe himself have conducted themselves with his recent contract talks is laughable.
By berty182
The more iv'e thought about it the more I'm starting to think that I'm not fussed if Sterling goes if we get a good offer for about 50mill which has been quoted a lot. Don't get me wrong, he has pace, can beat players but his end product is awful! In my opinion out of the top clubs in the league Liverpool are probably the only club that can offer him first team football on a regular basis, he should stay for a few more years and develop.
By berty182
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city

Great signing in my opinion, such an underrated player! he managed to get 18 games last season at city with the talent they have is good going. He puts in the hard graft, very similar attitude to Henderson on the pitch. I do believe we need more experience, hopefully that's one thing that was mentioned during the end of season review with the owners

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]