The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By Stevo07
Surely you can apply the same argument you used to back Moyes' credentials to Martinez. What's his net spend, something like -£10million. And he's a winner now.
By algreene
Stevo07 wrote:Surely you can apply the same argument you used to back Moyes' credentials to Martinez. What's his net spend, something like -£10million. And he's a winner now.

Yes, but back then we were shite and anything was an improvement.. Now we are the 6th best team in the country and needed a more experienced manager and not a relegated manager or players from his relegated team..
By FunkyRemix
algreene wrote:Anyone but Martinez next
Barney wrote:no please not martinez, nor teh fat waiter.
:wave:
By algreene
At least its not Pardew!! :roflmao:
By Stevo07
algreene wrote:
Stevo07 wrote:Surely you can apply the same argument you used to back Moyes' credentials to Martinez. What's his net spend, something like -£10million. And he's a winner now.

Yes, but back then we were shite and anything was an improvement.. Now we are the 6th best team in the country and needed a more experienced manager and not a relegated manager or players from his relegated team..
I think Moyes inflated Everton's position for a few years, you may need to readjust your expectations based on the players and budget available regardless of the manager.

Also, Jürgen Klopp. Relegated with Mainz, took over at Dortmund. The rest is history.
By Mark
New Everton manager Roberto Martinez promised to guide the club to Champions League qualification
Championship Football more like.
By Mad-Dog
Martinez at Everton :lol: small time manager for a small time club [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By algreene
Mad-Dog wrote:Martinez at Everton :lol: small time manager for a small time club [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Coming from your mob! Haha
By TimEP3
:lol: What justification does a Newcastle fan have for referring to Everton as "small time"?

Btw, how about the Blues offering support to their new manager, as opposed to running him down before a ball has even been kicked? Modern football fans are hard to like, at times.
By algreene
TimEP3 wrote::lol: What justification does a Newcastle fan have for referring to Everton as "small time"?

Btw, how about the Blues offering support to their new manager, as opposed to running him down before a ball has even been kicked? Modern football fans are hard to like, at times.
I'm going to have to support him but we should have gone else where..
By algreene
danneth wrote:Don't get the hate for martinez :(
No hate, just should have aimed higher..

His win percentage in the league over 4 years was 25%!!! 25!!!
By algreene
Ryan1985 wrote:
algreene wrote:No hate, just should have aimed higher.
For example?
I'd have taken Rafa and I'm pretty sure he would have come.. Plus several others too.
By Mad-Dog
TimEP3 wrote::lol: What justification does a Newcastle fan have for referring to Everton as "small time"?

You read too much into things, Al knows I was on the wind up
By TimEP3
Mad-Dog wrote:

You read too much into things, Al knows I was on the wind up
I wouldn't say i read too much into it, if that's the case. I can't be expected to know about you boy's shared little secrets.

Sounds like fun, mind. :wink:
By algreene
Gotta feel sorry for Newcastle fans though..

*snigger*
By Mad-Dog
algreene wrote:Gotta feel sorry for Newcastle fans though..

*snigger*
I still think you might struggle next season, as will NUFC unless Ashley and Pardew sort things out
By FunkyRemix
Gotta feel sorry for Everton Fans and there shit hole of a stadium, one of the worst in the country.

What's your average crowd at the balsa wood stadium again?
By algreene
FunkyRemix wrote:Gotta feel sorry for Everton Fans and there shit hole of a stadium, one of the worst in the country.

What's your average crowd at the balsa wood stadium again?
I guess you can sit in comfy seats drinking nice cold beer to watch that shite team of yours..

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]