The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By duckdodgersuk
The ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Cast has been Revealed and it going be made in the UK :shouldbeinteresting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/

April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan.

By richd7
Hamill sitting far away from Ford - I thought they'd buried that hatchet. I know Daniels (C3PO) and Baker (R2D2) still don't get on, hence why they can only appear together when one of them is in a tin can.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be simplistic, loud, pretty, shallow and predictable, but with loads of big explosions and one liners to hide the plot holes - basically, a typical JJ Abrams film. Oh and "LENS FLARE"!!!

By jtc
Looking forward to this as I enjoyed the new Star Treks (the second more than the first), plus I think they'll do their best to distance themselves from the Jar Jar Binks of the galaxy.

The only problem is... I don't think any actor is capable of bettering Harrison Ford as that Han like character, no matter how well written.
By EagleCTR
Has Harrison Ford got a sweaty pit problem, or is that some design in his top?!
I have been led to believe that Abrams wont be using his signature lens flare in this film.
I hope these films are good, but what worries me is the original cast are getting on a bit now, so cant see them doing that much. And Disney now have their hands on Lucasfilm so if you think Jar Jar was bad, I dread to think what they will do to make this appeal to the kids. I already think there will be no decapitation or dismemberment by lightsaber like there was in the previous 6 films.
By plasmaman
I dont think they need to make this film for the kids :) even the merchandise will be purchased and kept in boxes by adults :)

They could have taken Kenny out of the box the scumbags.

Actually looking forward to this and cannot be any worse than the last three disasters.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Could be far worse. I liked the last three. :-D
I'm hoping you mean Episodes IV, V and VI as in last three? :lol:
By smartie
EvoStu wrote:
Nope, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were great. :P Phantom menace wasn't all that bad either.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Nope, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were great. :P Phantom menace wasn't all that bad either.
Episode 1 was complete dross, episodes 2 and 3 were slightly less dross.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Bits of the original ones are a bit shite too. :)
Yeah but only small bits (and mostly when Lucas decided to enhance them!!!). The new ones are mostly rubbish. :lol:
By J
Dont care.

I having been taken to leicester square to watch hans solo and princess leia do their thing when I was very very young, having watched the changes over the years I am looking forward to it.

Never know I might even go back to Leicester Square
By EagleCTR
If they slightly follow the books post ROTJ then it will be mostly Luke setting up a new Jedi Academy and finding out about the history of the Jedi, so perhaps cameo's from Qui Gon, Ben Kenobi, Yoda and maybe Mace Windu.
The rest of it will be political fallout from a crumbling Empire and struggle for power in the emerging galactic leadership, that would come from the rebel leaders.
So some kind of moral story on what happens when a dictatorship is toppled and then you get other despots trying to fill that vacuum. We know how much Disney like their stories to have a message about life in them.
By smartie
EagleCTR wrote:If they slightly follow the books post ROTJ then it will be mostly Luke setting up a new Jedi Academy and finding out about the history of the Jedi, so perhaps cameo's from Qui Gon, Ben Kenobi, Yoda and maybe Mace Windu.
The rest of it will be political fallout from a crumbling Empire and struggle for power in the emerging galactic leadership, that would come from the rebel leaders.
So some kind of moral story on what happens when a dictatorship is toppled and then you get other despots trying to fill that vacuum. We know how much Disney like their stories to have a message about life in them.
Throw in a few songs and it will be a big hit.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]