The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By duckdodgersuk
Need to be an 18 R but we know it will be a PG12 so they can make more money :bad-words:
By richd7
It'll be a standard PG13 in the US, which will translate to a 15 here, then the studio will cut out some violent bits, but it will still be a 15. Then come the DVD/BR release, they'll release the "not seen in cinemas" version, which will still be a 15, just with that extra bit of CGI blood re-added in.

Seems to be the standard now, for studios to cut their own films just so they can hopefully get people to watch them uncut on DVD later. All it tells me is to avoid seeing films in the cinema anymore.

Either way, this will be crap... end of.
By EvoStu
richd7 wrote:It'll be a standard PG13 in the US, which will translate to a 15 here, then the studio will cut out some violent bits, but it will still be a 15. Then come the DVD/BR release, they'll release the "not seen in cinemas" version, which will still be a 15, just with that extra bit of CGI blood re-added in.

Seems to be the standard now, for studios to cut their own films just so they can hopefully get people to watch them uncut on DVD later. All it tells me is to avoid seeing films in the cinema anymore.

They've said it may get an R-17 rating but again it means nothing. The days of true R rated movies has well and truly gone. Now its all about maximisation of profit, so they get as many people through as possible by dumbing movies down to get a lower certificate.
By richd7
EvoStu wrote:
richd7 wrote:It'll be a standard PG13 in the US, which will translate to a 15 here, then the studio will cut out some violent bits, but it will still be a 15. Then come the DVD/BR release, they'll release the "not seen in cinemas" version, which will still be a 15, just with that extra bit of CGI blood re-added in.

They've said it may get an R-17 rating but again it means nothing. The days of true R rated movies has well and truly gone. Now its all about maximisation of profit, so they get as many people through as possible by dumbing movies down to get a lower certificate.
Agreed. The only way you get really proper adult orientated films is usually in indie productions or those that aren't aimed for such big audiences, with lower budgets. Any film with a budget over $100million will avoid the R rating. The problem has been mentioned by many on film sites that Hollywood is financed by companies who don't really have a movie connection anymore, so don't "get it", so to speak. They won't take risks and only put up the big bucks if the target audience is large enough, aka making a huge budget zombie movie with a kids certificate. Also explains why so many big budget films are flopping, and at the same time, an 18 rated video game can rake in over $1.5billion in three days! You would've thought they'd notice that having a higher certificate doesn't affect the success aslong as the product is good.

My major gripe though as mentioned above is film companies self censoring their own work for cinema release just so they can release the full version later on dvd. They even now have different versions on dvd and br, just to get the consumer to get the most expensive version... and they wonder why people just avoid cinema and buying stuff, and download instead. Those home releases should say on the box "see the version we didn't allow you to see in the cinema".

Back on topic, the fact Murphy now gets blown up in a TV special style explosion, I'm going to say that this won't have any of the original violence. I'm also expecting his son to get more involved and do typical child-in-movies dumb things, but he'll be saved in the end and Robocop 2 will be about him living back at home, and the comedy hi-jinx that comes from having a dad who's half man, half machine, all family robot. Disney's Robodad.
By richd7
... still looks like a kids film...

By richd7
Robocop, certificate 12A, Contains moderate violence, injury detail and infrequent strong language.
By jtc
I got scared watching the original as a kid, seeing Murphy get shot to bits.

A film without that level of intensity will just suck balls.
By richd7
Says it all... and also makes me want to watch the true one and only Robocop movie!

"..a blatant Jesus metaphor, only instead of dieing for our sins, this Jesus shoots rapists.. in the dick!"
By sn:afu
:roflmao: :cool:
By richd7
Original Robocop had loads of toys, despite the fact kids couldn't see the film they were based on.

This, Total Recall, latest Die Hards, etc etc, so many films that previously were aimed for adults are now aimed for kids. It's all about the money - larger audience means more money... except it doesn't when the films flop.

Who's betting they "reboot" Die Hard within a few years, with Zac Efron as John McClane, the plucky new police recruit visiting his mum and brother in LA. When terrorists attack it's up to McClane and his 11 year old younger brother Billy to save the day with various traps for the bad guys to fall in to. Certificate PG.

Oh and Lethal Weapon, with "Twilights" Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner as the odd police pairing who must put aside their differences as they investigate a criminal empire who make and sell dangerous teddy bears to orphaned children in downtown LA. Certificate 12A for inplied sex scenes and use of butt plugs.
By richd7
dutch wrote:Film companies have no balls anymore.
No one's willing to risk $100million plus sums on films that will have R/18 ratings. Hence why they often cut films for cinema and release a "directors/extreme" cut on dvd/br later. Plus when you get a series of films (such as Die Hard) or a well known old film (as in Robocop), you think they'll sell on their name alone, so reducing the certificate and opening the doors to more people seems the wise choice. Sadly all it does is put the long term audience off and rarely brings in new ones. It won't change though and I'm sure we'll see more modern classics turned into Disney films.

Terminator starring Justin Beiber as a cyborg sent from the future to stop Sarah Conner from getting pregnant, but first he'll have to charm his way past her family and somehow expose her cheating fiance Kyle Reece. Watch the story explode when Sarah begins to fall for Mr Six-Hundred only days before her wedding. Will he reveal the truth to her thus altering the space-time continuum, and will Sarah be able to accept his human skin over metal endo-skeleton body? He said he'd be back, and he is this Valentines day in Terminator.
By jtc
richd7 wrote:Terminator starring Justin Beiber as a cyborg sent from the future to stop Sarah Conner from getting pregnant, but first he'll have to charm his way past her family and somehow expose her cheating fiance Kyle Reece. Watch the story explode when Sarah begins to fall for Mr Six-Hundred only days before her wedding. Will he reveal the truth to her thus altering the space-time continuum, and will Sarah be able to accept his human skin over metal endo-skeleton body? He said he'd be back, and he is this Valentines day in Terminator.
:laughabove: :roflmao: :lol: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]