The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By richd7
Mark wrote:Interested to see who Daryl brings from the woods.
I'm guessing the black guy from end of episode 1 - the one who saved Ricks life in the first season.
By Stevo07
richd7 wrote:
I'm guessing the black guy from end of episode 1 - the one who saved Ricks life in the first season.
Was thinking it would be the blonde chick that was nabbed in the previous season.
By richd7
Stevo07 wrote:
richd7 wrote:
Was thinking it would be the blonde chick that was nabbed in the previous season.
My Beth, my cute Beth. Naw, she's stuck in the hospital for a while. Check the trailer and it shows a bit of her struggle.
By bretty1984
I didn't enjoy the latest episode, I found it a little too much of the same as what has gone on previously.

The zombies are now no longer the real problem but when you think back, they have found the farm, the prison, woodbury, terminus, the church and now there is this hospital.
Other than the church and perhaps the farm, the other places were little communities that could have been developed but it just seems like the story keeps repeating itself. Essentially, all of the people who survived should come together, why they need to continue to fight and go looking for trouble is a little beyond me really.

And one other thing that has got on my nerves is Ricks reluctance to go to DC to find the cure. I mean why wouldn't you?

Ah well, I have invested too much time to pack it in but it reminds me in some ways of Lost and that went on for far longer than it should have. I fear TWD will do the same.
By bondyboy
bretty1984 wrote:...Ah well, I have invested too much time to pack it in but it reminds me in some ways of Lost and that went on for far longer than it should have. I fear TWD will do the same.
Doubt it'll turn out like Lost, TWD has all the comics as source, not sure where the series is up to in the comics, last one I read was something like episode 110
By Stevo07
Mental analysis, it's one of the shows that keeps getting better with every season. Lost was a pile of shite from beginning to end and they clearly made it up as they went along. I'm not quite sure how you'd like the show to be? If they weren't moving about it would become a zombie version of Hollyoakes.
By VTEC77
Stevo07 wrote:Mental analysis, it's one of the shows that keeps getting better with every season. Lost was a pile of shite from beginning to end and they clearly made it up as they went along. I'm not quite sure how you'd like the show to be? If they weren't moving about it would become a zombie version of Hollyoakes.
Walking Dead is far too upbeat to become a soap :wink:
By bretty1984
Thats the thing, they have to move about of course, but they keep coming across different groups of people who all want to fight and kill each other when essentially they are all in the same boat, it has just been a bit samey to me. They have come across enough people so far that they could have begun their own village/town and started again to some extent.
You are right about lost. They made it up as they went along and the script was actually being written on the plane as the cast flew to Hawaii.

Never mind Abraham is on his way to DC to get the cure so there is no way that it can go on for the additional 4-5 seasons that has been rumoured.
By I need VTEC
bretty1984 wrote:I didn't enjoy the latest episode, I found it a little too much of the same as what has gone on previously.

The zombies are now no longer the real problem but when you think back, they have found the farm, the prison, woodbury, terminus, the church and now there is this hospital.
Other than the church and perhaps the farm, the other places were little communities that could have been developed but it just seems like the story keeps repeating itself. Essentially, all of the people who survived should come together, why they need to continue to fight and go looking for trouble is a little beyond me really.
The zombies are just a plot device to cause existentialist and life-threatening drama when the story has not moved to people-vs-people, and people-vs-people when Kirkman needs to move away from zombies. He's not a very good writer and the show has to make the best of the source material. I think Season 5 is doing a pretty good job so far.
And one other thing that has got on my nerves is Ricks reluctance to go to DC to find the cure. I mean why wouldn't you?
The guy at the CDC in season 1 basically said there was no cure. Rick was obviously skeptical of Eugene but my assumption is that he couldn't bring himself to say so lest he crush Abraham's hope (and break a valuable member of the group) or cause a rift between the newcomers, which could in turn affect Rick's people.
Ah well, I have invested too much time to pack it in but it reminds me in some ways of Lost and that went on for far longer than it should have. I fear TWD will do the same.
There's a lot of life in the comic yet. The show will continue until it costs more than it makes, which could be until Kirkman concludes the comicbook, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
By richd7
The last episode was cool as it showed an empty city for a change. I like the build up episodes rather then just constant run shoot kill ones. You need to always vary the pacing otherwise things get repetitive.

I reckon the ones in the hospital will team up with Ricks lot. Too obvious to have another group of bad guys.
By Mark
How do mean team up? Also who the 'police' people?

Was good so see Atlanta again, however I was under the impression they had traveled much further then a car ride away.
By richd7
Mark wrote:How do mean team up? Also who the 'police' people?

Was good so see Atlanta again, however I was under the impression they had traveled much further then a car ride away.
Was that Atlanta then? Must have missed that part. Does seem odd if they've come full circle. I'd rather it be a new city at least - maybe Atlanta is just cheaper to close off and film in, or already full of zombies.
By Stevo07
I thought it was too. Seems they've spent 4 years running round in circles if true. :lol:
By richd7
To be fair they found the farm outside of Atlanta, then the prison and stayed there a while. All got split up and met at Terminus and got out of that. I guess they could've only been a few miles away from the city. Either that or Rick is sh*t at directions.
By Stevo07
I suppose they've never really been going anywhere in particular, just trying to find safe places or outrun bad people.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]