The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
dutch wrote:Don't really care tbh, it needs to be R18 and nice and violent. Hollywood are pussays.
PG13 in the US, 12A over here. It's all about getting people in the cinema and profit rather than risking a higher certificate and less viewers - ignoring the fact that these films (like Robocop, Total Recall, Alien etc) all got well known and much loved even though they were R/18 rated. Money men in Hollywood just have no idea, hence why we'll never see an 18 rated Die Hard ever again and they're all shizzle!
richd7 wrote:
dutch wrote:Don't really care tbh, it needs to be R18 and nice and violent. Hollywood are pussays.
PG13 in the US, 12A over here. It's all about getting people in the cinema and profit rather than risking a higher certificate and less viewers - ignoring the fact that these films (like Robocop, Total Recall, Alien etc) all got well known and much loved even though they were R/18 rated. Money men in Hollywood just have no idea, hence why we'll never see an 18 rated Die Hard ever again and they're all shizzle!

Its sad that, but true. The likes of terminator are films that kids should sneaky watch when the rents are out not go to the fcuking cinema to watch, screaming and shit ffs. What is happening to the world.

I watched the original terminator during the summer hols when I was 11 and my parents were at work.

That's how it should be.
Yawn... I enjoyed the first one, second was great and accepted the whole "they sent two terminators back in time, not one" storyline. Then the third one with "oh, actually it was three terminators they sent back and this one was a chick". But now it's "oh yeah, it may have been four terminators and this one was a mix of the liquid metal one and a ninja"... crikey, how much more? Plus, with Skynet only being started after they find the remains of the first T800 then how does killing that first T800 now affect the creation of Skynet? It's getting more confusing than a Nolan film.
duckdodgersuk wrote:
dutch wrote:How the fcuk has he aged, its a fcuking cyborg ffs.
"living tissue over metal endoskeleton" :robot:
Can't believe I've been googling do terminators age lol. Even worse there's websites dedicated to them, fcuking geeks.

It doesn't clearly state if they do or don't. Just that the skin will degrade over a short period of time, hence unused T-800s are stored in some kind of fluid.

More pointless facts for my brain ffs.
A lot of films get a 15 rating suggestion with guidance from the BBFC on what to reduce to get a 12. The studio simply thinks a 12 will mean more people will go see it, ignoring the fact that people go see films for the film itself, not what certificate it is (proven by Robocop remake released at the same time as Frozen and guess which one's all the 12 year olds went to). Studios no longer care and only see it as largest audience possible. Plus, but editing it themselves, it means they can release the predictable "not seen in cinemas stronger harder directors cut only on bluray" six months later. For me, at least I'm saving a fortune by not going to the cinema anymore. I don't see why I should pay full price when I can't see the full film.
He's the rub though. They've captured all the footage, and the editing is done, and the BBFC rates it an 18. Now instead of removing all the good bits to get down to 12, why not release 2 versions? They already have the footage for the 18, and are going to downgrade to 12 anyway. So release both, everyone is happy, and the ticket sales will act as research for the next film.

I'm sure there was a film a few years ago that did this.
skinnyman9000 wrote:He's the rub though. They've captured all the footage, and the editing is done, and the BBFC rates it an 18. Now instead of removing all the good bits to get down to 12, why not release 2 versions? They already have the footage for the 18, and are going to downgrade to 12 anyway. So release both, everyone is happy, and the ticket sales will act as research for the next film.

I'm sure there was a film a few years ago that did this.
Would be a good idea, but first off the film isn't classified until it's final form. They submit certain scenes for advice only then take that and turn it into a kids film, which is then submitted for classification. Plus the cost of producing multiple formats of the same film on those mahoosive hard drives, and then expecting the un-manned multiplexes to advertise and setup different versions... I guess it simply all comes down to money. Also don't forget my info above, about releasing that blu ray "uncut" version later on - that alone is like a way to get people to pay for the same film again, in it's most expensive form (the uncut version never comes on dvd anymore).

I think it's all just a money grabbing greedy pisstake and the way to avoid it is to simply not go to the cinema.
It takes a lot to get me to the cinema these days, we used to go every week near enough. We were going to go on Wednesday, but looked at the films out and decided to go for a meal instead.

Having said that, it's a massive year for films this year. Jurassic park, Avengers, James Bond, etc
Passed by the BBFC as 12a without any cuts... so "Terminator" about a cyborg killing machine from the future is no longer going to be terminating anyone, or if he does it'll be off camera or hidden amongst large explosions. I still bet there's a 15 rated bluray coming later, which will still be crap.

Aslong as film companies keep taking 18 rated classics and turning them into kids films I'll keep saving money by avoiding seeing them.
I firmly believe they should have called it a day after terminator 2. It would have finished on a good note instead of all these different adaptions of the story line, which frankly I find cr@p. I think they totally destroyed the franchise and strong original story line but hey if it makes a few bucks it was worth it right!!
The think I don't get about the 12A is this. The storyline goes back to in between T1 & T2, and from the trailers he has to fight the original terminator that was sent back in T1. However, no one under the age of 18 is likely to have seen T1/2, so that part of the storyline and its relevance will be completely lost on them, so why not just make it a Flipping 18 for people that are old enough to have seen the original?!?!

Go find me a 12yr old that has seen the original terminator!!
skinnyman9000 wrote:The think I don't get about the 12A is this. The storyline goes back to in between T1 & T2, and from the trailers he has to fight the original terminator that was sent back in T1. However, no one under the age of 18 is likely to have seen T1/2, so that part of the storyline and its relevance will be completely lost on them, so why not just make it a Flipping 18 for people that are old enough to have seen the original?!?!

Go find me a 12yr old that has seen the original terminator!!
Nail and head there. They take old adults films, aim them at kids. Adults and fans lose interest and kids are not interested as they're kids. Look at Robocop and Total Recall remakes - both flops because they pissed off the true fans and the 12 year olds were off watching Twilight or Frozen. So many great films that have lost it the moment they're softened down to get a lower certificate as they believe it will get more people to watch it. Sadly years of flops and they still do it. Its just like how they now pre-cut their own films to get a lower cert then release the original version on bluray later. All that says to me is avoid cinemas as you won't see the full film.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]