The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By richd7
Jupiter Ascending - visually very very impressive, but story wise, trying to hard to be deeper than a sci fi action romp needs to be. Far too much story for a 2 hour film (as apposed to the Hobbit with far too little story for 3 films). Enjoyable but not something I'd watch fully again, just show the amazing battle scenes.

Funny Games - old film but one I wanted to see for a while, but now wish I hadn't. Think it was trying to have a message but I failed to see it.

Bling Ring - erm, no excuses, it happened to be on Film4 and had Emma Watson in skimpy clothing... however film was utter dire sh*te. Bad script, bad directing, bad acting, no point to the whole thing. Would've helped if Miss Watson had popped them out but no such luck.
Magnificent_one wrote:Fast and furious 1, 3 4 and 5 yesterday and a couple of days before, Fast and Furious 6 tonight and 7 tomorrow :-D
The Fast and the Furious is still the best one imo. Those civic's are the reason i got a civic as my first own car :oops:
So went to watch this yesterday. Got sick last week so couldn't go.
Actually a good watch. Brainless, action movie with unbelieveble stunts but amusing and i enjoyed it :-D
Nice tribute for Paul too :bigthumb:
One of the wtf moment in the movie is when Vin is lifting a 1.3ton car like it's a kart. Seriously?! :???:
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Age of Ultron, wasn't bad, not as good as the first one. Think the endless procession of super hero films is becoming a little tired. 7/10
Yeah I gave it the same score. Very individual character led stories in this one. Building up the splits for the upcoming single movies.

Not bad at all. Thanos appearance was cool as well.
By EvoStu
richd7 wrote:Mortdecai - worst film ever. Gweneth Paltrow being in it should've been a clue. Avoid like Ebola.
Just got this. Haven't watched. Probably won't now. LOL!
By richd7
EvoStu wrote:
richd7 wrote:Mortdecai - worst film ever. Gweneth Paltrow being in it should've been a clue. Avoid like Ebola.
Just got this. Haven't watched. Probably won't now. LOL!
I'm trying to save you from damaging 2 hours of your life. Please believe me, it truly is that bad. If medical science could remove recent memories I'd happily have that operation.
By EvoStu
I haven't even seen the reviews but to be fair you've been spot on in the past with movies I've enjoyed so I'll assume you're no different with this one.
By EvoStu
Evostance wrote:Watched Avengers 2 last night. It was good, but I felt a bit distracted as there was too much going on, and some things felt just thrown in without much explanation
Its all the side stories that are building.
By Evostance
EvoStu wrote:
Evostance wrote:Watched Avengers 2 last night. It was good, but I felt a bit distracted as there was too much going on, and some things felt just thrown in without much explanation
I know, but I can help think it was too much. I drew the attention away from the main story too much.
Quite a few people I've spoken to have said they got a bit lost as there was too much of that.
By EvoStu
Evostance wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
I know, but I can help think it was too much. I drew the attention away from the main story too much.
Quite a few people I've spoken to have said they got a bit lost as there was too much of that.
I'm not sure I agree with this. Its not interstellar for crying out loud. LOL!
By Evostance
EvoStu wrote:
Evostance wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with this. Its not interstellar for crying out loud. LOL!
I have yet to see that xD

I dunno. I just felt a bit distracted, for example

SPOILERS - MOVE ALONG

The water scene with Thor was so unbelievably random and misplaced. It's just, has a vision, randomly goes for a bath in some not very well explained cave, doesn't come back until he slams lightening into "the coffin"

Also, out of all the comic geeks I know, nobody has yet to logically explain this..
Ultron is an advanced AI. He builds an entire army and controls everything using computers, even Sarkovias flying lesson. So why the hell, does he use a manual doomsday switch that he has to physically turn..
By richd7
Like the line about having a manual switch - it's up there with those obvious countdown clocks on bombs in movies. Not realistic in anyway and clearly more of a help to the good guys then the bad, but it's movie lands cheap way of building up tension and giving the viewer the simplified version of what's going on. Even Dark Knight Rises had a nuke with a timer on and Jack Bauer used to deal with those sorts of things all the time. Finally lets not forget Frank Drebin dealt with one by simply pulling the plug out.

I don't think this was confusing though for the main story, but yes there were parts that were connected to previous and forthcoming films. Example being if you haven't seen Captain America 2 and were wondering what's going on in the beginning and where Shield is. Plus weren't there some things that came from Agents of Shield (such as finding where Loki's staff was in the first place). The water pool thing btw had more in it but it was cut for time. It was roughly mentioned in the other Thor movies but don't think it was shown and Thanos used similar in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I just get confused with the whole Marvel Comic Universe (which this is in) and the Fox Marvel Universe (where Xmen and the rest live). Some same characters but they can't link them as different companies own the rights... so sadly no Hulk ripping Wolverine in half anytime soon.
By Evostance
richd7 wrote:Like the line about having a manual switch - it's up there with those obvious countdown clocks on bombs in movies. Not realistic in anyway and clearly more of a help to the good guys then the bad, but it's movie lands cheap way of building up tension and giving the viewer the simplified version of what's going on. Even Dark Knight Rises had a nuke with a timer on and Jack Bauer used to deal with those sorts of things all the time. Finally lets not forget Frank Drebin dealt with one by simply pulling the plug out.

I don't think this was confusing though for the main story, but yes there were parts that were connected to previous and forthcoming films. Example being if you haven't seen Captain America 2 and were wondering what's going on in the beginning and where Shield is. Plus weren't there some things that came from Agents of Shield (such as finding where Loki's staff was in the first place). The water pool thing btw had more in it but it was cut for time. It was roughly mentioned in the other Thor movies but don't think it was shown and Thanos used similar in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I just get confused with the whole Marvel Comic Universe (which this is in) and the Fox Marvel Universe (where Xmen and the rest live). Some same characters but they can't link them as different companies own the rights... so sadly no Hulk ripping Wolverine in half anytime soon.
Spiderman might be back though. Quicksilver is in both Xmen and Avengers for example.
By EvoStu
Quicksilver also doesn't die in the comics like that and would have been a perfect crossover for the X-Men series as well, seeing as though the twins are Magnetos.
By richd7
EvoStu wrote:Quicksilver also doesn't die in the comics like that and would have been a perfect crossover for the X-Men series as well, seeing as though the twins are Magnetos.
But its two different Quicksilvers. Both Marvel but the Xmen one is owned by Fox who said Avengers couldn't mention the word mutant or that Magneto background. Its all very odd - all Marvel just with different owners.

Btw, anyone notice Antman in the opening credits?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]