The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By EvoStu
richd7 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Quicksilver also doesn't die in the comics like that and would have been a perfect crossover for the X-Men series as well, seeing as though the twins are Magnetos.
But its two different Quicksilvers. Both Marvel but the Xmen one is owned by Fox who said Avengers couldn't mention the word mutant or that Magneto background. Its all very odd - all Marvel just with different owners.

Btw, anyone notice Antman in the opening credits?
Should never have included them.
By EvoStu
richd7 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Quicksilver also doesn't die in the comics like that and would have been a perfect crossover for the X-Men series as well, seeing as though the twins are Magnetos.
But its two different Quicksilvers. Both Marvel but the Xmen one is owned by Fox who said Avengers couldn't mention the word mutant or that Magneto background. Its all very odd - all Marvel just with different owners.

By Evostance
EvoStu wrote:
richd7 wrote:

To be honest, it's starting to get confusing enough with all the links. Thanos will be along shortly too although not sure if that'll be tying to knot with Guardians of the galaxy or not.

Throwing xmen into the plot, even if they could, would cause such a headache with the time line etc. Probably why Spiderman hasn't been included in the future now they have the rights
By richd7
I always used to chuckle at how many superheros were based in New York.. yet it still had criminals! Surely they'd go elsewhere.

Anyway, Civic War should be nice and dark with a few less characters.
By jtc
I watched "Cobain: Montage of Heck" this morning. So dark. 2 hours of quite interesting stuff, but seeing him off his face with baby Frances was harsh.
Just watched
Jupiter Ascending - don't bother
Hobbit 3 - again don't bother
Wedding Ringer - actually quite funny but still a generic movie
By andy.h
Just finished watching chappie. Brilliant film really enjoyed it had a kinda district 9 feel about it as it was filmed in South Africa not sure if it's directed by the same guy. Definatly a kinda modern day short circuit film loved the robot with its pointy like ears. Got ex machina to watch next.
By tacka
andy.h wrote:Just finished watching chappie. Brilliant film really enjoyed it had a kinda district 9 feel about it as it was filmed in South Africa not sure if it's directed by the same guy. Definatly a kinda modern day short circuit film loved the robot with its pointy like ears. Got ex machina to watch next.
Chappie has the same actors voice as District 9, definitely worth a watch
By richd7
Another vote for Chappie too, loved every minute of it. However it was very much like District 9 in it's story, just swap Prawns for Robots. Nice to see Jackman as a bad guy too.

Also watched Furious 7 - oh dear... How has this become the fourth biggest film of all time? It's just a series of slow motion hotties (not the car meets I remember), fast cars, explosions and very very bad dialogue. Plus since when did this bunch become immortal and able to defy the laws of physics? Nice to see Nathalie Emmanuel in it though - crikey she's nice.

I am betting that Fast 8 (or will it be Furious 8, or FF8, or Faster 8?) will see the group launched into space to stop a villain who's based on Mars and they're cars will drive fine on the red planet even allowing Diesel Van to jump from his car, flying through the air, landing a punch on the bad guy and then catching a rocket car back to earth.
By VTEC77
Mad Max Fury Road: Action from start to end. One long road chase with many explosions, uber cool vehicles and over the top characters. Brilliant entertainment. My only really small gripe was the fact it was a 15. Should have upped the gore and violence a notch or two and made it an 18. Other than that tiny thing well worth a watch 8/10 :bigthumb:
By EvoStu
VTEC77 wrote:Mad Max Fury Road: Action from start to end. One long road chase with many explosions, uber cool vehicles and over the top characters. Brilliant entertainment. My only really small gripe was the fact it was a 15. Should have upped the gore and violence a notch or two and made it an 18. Other than that tiny thing well worth a watch 8/10 :bigthumb:
It's gotten some great reviews. Will have to go and watch it.
By richd7
VTEC77 wrote:Mad Max Fury Road: Action from start to end. One long road chase with many explosions, uber cool vehicles and over the top characters. Brilliant entertainment. My only really small gripe was the fact it was a 15. Should have upped the gore and violence a notch or two and made it an 18. Other than that tiny thing well worth a watch 8/10 :bigthumb:
Agree with this, great film but would've helped with a full on 18 rating. I do wonder how they manage to put together such amazing vehicles, find tyres and constantly fuel them in this apocolyptic wasteland. I never saw one BP or Shell during any of those chases!
By Kingston
Wyrmwood - Aussie zombie action flick. Borrowed 'ideas' from lots of other movies but good
tacka wrote:
andy.h wrote:Just finished watching chappie. Brilliant film really enjoyed it had a kinda district 9 feel about it as it was filmed in South Africa not sure if it's directed by the same guy. Definatly a kinda modern day short circuit film loved the robot with its pointy like ears. Got ex machina to watch next.
Chappie has the same actors voice as District 9, definitely worth a watch
What ever happen to a District 9 sequel? One of my favourite ever films.
By richd7
Run All Night - another Neeson vehicle but unlike how bad the Taken films have got, this one is pretty good. Nice and dark, violent and full of bad language. Hopefully there'll be no sequels that get turned into kids films. Recommended.
By richd7
Ex Machina - another good one. Not a crazy action romp but a very deep thoughtful film and worth paying attention to. The addition of the stunning Alicia Vikander does help keep your attention... crikey she's cute!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]