The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
andy.h wrote:I see there releasing the trailer for the point break reboot wish they would leave classic movies alone.
This, why oh why :( A lot of over the top action and explossions :? I think i'm going to put the dvd on this weekend, Always liked that movie since i was a kid.
By richd7
*nub* wrote:When is hawkeye going to die? He has no place in that group he's just a bloody archer with no powers.
Tony Stark's just a billionaire inventor with no powers so does he have to go too?
By *nub*
No because his iron man suit makes him powerful. 1 bullet and hawkeye is dead. He's just pathetic compared to the other ones. And the other woman. Don't hate the character or anything it just makes no sense him being one of them. I mean imagine Spider-Man, how Flipping useless would he be against all that lot.
By richd7
*nub* wrote:No because his iron man suit makes him powerful. 1 bullet and hawkeye is dead. He's just pathetic compared to the other ones. And the other woman. Don't hate the character or anything it just makes no sense him being one of them. I mean imagine Spider-Man, how Flipping useless would he be against all that lot.
I like Hawkeye, even when he first appeared in Thor - he's like the only human/normal person there, yet has this unique skill set (similar to Black Widow). I did chuckle a bit during that huge battle in Avengers but for me it was Black Widow and her two little hand guns; at least Hawkeye had explosive arrows and a better aim than Ron Jeremy. Spider-Man would at least be able to move fast, use his spidey sense to avoid sh-t and heal quick. Avengers is a team that needs a good mix and I think it works fine... to quote Mr Stark:
Tony Stark: The Avengers. That's what we call ourselves; we're sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing.

Loki: Yes, I've met them.

Tony Stark: Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: your brother the demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and YOU, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them.

Loki: That was the plan.

Tony Stark: Not a great plan. When they come, and they WILL, they'll come for you.

Loki: I have an army.

Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
Want to talk odd match ups, wait until Batman throws his batarang at Superman!
By richd7
Jurassic Park 4... er.. Jurassic World - this place makes Alton Towers look safe. Seriously, after the first three attempts how did they get so much investment to open an even bigger park to showcase historys most dangerous animals? Anyway, the film is fun - bland, predictable fun. Leave your brain at home. Long gone has the magic that came with the first film. You know what's going to happen, who's going to be in peril, who's going to live or die. Also once again the dinos only ever eat adults, kids are always safe in these 12A rated films (be good to see an 18 rated version, with a few raptors munching their way through a school group or a T-Rex bobbing for babies in a ball pit).

Worth a watch but don't expect anything you haven't seen before 20 years ago or every day on SciFi channel. No idea why it's made so much money... then again, it's a crazy year with Furious 7 becoming the 4th biggest film of all time, and that's terrible.
By EvoStu
I love your reviews Rich. lol. I'm still yet to see this, so I'll have to go now. I did genuinely LOL at T-Rex bobbing for babies in the ball pit.
By Kingston
richd7 wrote:it's a crazy year with Furious 7 becoming the 4th biggest film of all time, and that's terrible.
Paul Walker effect
By richd7
EvoStu wrote:I love your reviews Rich. lol. I'm still yet to see this, so I'll have to go now. I did genuinely LOL at T-Rex bobbing for babies in the ball pit.
Ta, but it's true - in all these films and those disasters films, they can show any number of adults being killed but never any kids. We know kids are being killed, especially when half the world is being destroyed by earthquakes/volcanos/aliens but as long as you don't show it, then it's a safe PG or 12 certificate and also allows for a happy ending. I remember 2012 with it's happy ending... ignoring the fact over 6 billion dead men, women and children would be floating in the seas. Anyway, back to JW - just wait to the pteredactyl (who thought up those impossible to spell names) attack and hope the fat kid on the dino ride gets snatched (spoiler, he doesn't). It does however lead to one of the most violent deaths I've seen in a Jurassic Park film though - thought it was a bit much for a 12A to be fair.
By richd7
Poltergiest (the latest remake) - oh dear... another favourite from my youth utterly destroyed in favour of cheap jump scares and CGI. The original was slow paced, with lots of build up, more interest in the family, etc. This one just quickly rushes through any family stuff so it can cram in loads of slow build up shots before the obvious jump scare, then onto the CGI stuff you know is coming. Swap a few characters round from male to female and vice versa and there's your remake. Pathetic. Didn't care one bit about any of them, never really had time to care as it seems to go like this: new house, meet the family, ghostly happenings, bring the experts in... all in about 20 minutes. And where the f**k were the neighbours. They never met or saw anyone else yet live in a huge housing estate. When all the nasty starts happening, no one appears. Seriously, kids getting munched by a tree and the nearest neighbour is a few feet away, but no one comes out to wonder what all the screaming is. Even when the house explodes. Are they all just so used to it they ignore it? Anyway, go watch the original and avoid this turkey. I'll say it again, they'll remake Die Hard... I gaurantee it!
By EvoStu
jtc wrote:I quite enjoyed Jurassic World, it was an 8/10 for me. I've still got to go see Mad Max ...
8 out of 10? That's Star Wars and LOTR scores. No way!
By Kingston
Mad max is well, a bit shite.

It's available to be streamed in he quality now, glad I done the ironing while watching let's put it that way otherwise would be peer off
By richd7
Kingston wrote:Mad max is well, a bit shite.

It's available to be streamed in he quality now, glad I done the ironing while watching let's put it that way otherwise would be peer off
I enjoyed it, but yeah, it's pretty lame storywise - go this way, turn round, come back. Also don't you think Max was pretty much a secondary character to Charlie The Ron's? Just seemed like he really just followed rather than lead. Some pretty amazing stunts to be fair and nice to see a lack of CGI.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]