The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By eatthis
im REALLY looking forward to it but i REALLY hope he doesnt blow the canon out of the water

my understanding of it is alien was the 1st contact humans had with space jockeys and aliens.
is this set before or after alien/aliens??
By eatthis
Ragingspeedhorn wrote:Prequal to alien isn't it?
it started out that but they changed to god knows what now possibly just based in alien universe
By EvoStu
Yup.
By kingofdbrits
eatthis wrote:
it started out that but they changed to god knows what now possibly just based in alien universe
Something like that.
Story details are being closely guarded so as not to spoil surprises for moviegoers, but Scott explained the outlines of the film and its genesis as follows: "While 'Alien' was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of 'Alien's' DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart."

Read more: Ridley Scott's Prometheus Coming March 9, 2012! - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z1kqfGa2U3
By EvoStu
Stevo07 wrote:Could be epic. :cool: Fingers crossed.
The words "could be" are what worry me.

If he ruins this I will hunt Ridley Scott down and destroy his world! :lol:
By kingofdbrits
EvoStu wrote:

That's why i won't watch Aliens again, that film at 10 years old back in the 80's was simply epic, and that's how i want to remember it. Hope this does the story justice.
By dutch
EvoStu wrote:
Yup.
This. Its about the alien craft you see in aliens and how it got to be there. Really looking forward to it. Hope there are dragon aliens and space marines in it :-D
By eatthis
dutch wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Yup.
This. Its about the alien craft you see in aliens and how it got to be there. Really looking forward to it. Hope there are dragon aliens and space marines in it :-D

the same ship as alien (which is an EPIC film) not aliens (which is also brilliant but in a different way)
i trust scott but REALLY want this to be brilliant
By Ali
I've read a very early draft that got put on the net and, if this is based on it, it'll be VERY different to what people expect. But that was a draft from years ago and, I expect, it'll have been changed radically. Put it this way, it involved the Aliens starting out ant sized and a lot of homosexuality!
By Mad-Dog
kingofdbrits wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

That's why i won't watch Aliens again, that film at 10 years old back in the 80's was simply epic, and that's how i want to remember it. Hope this does the story justice.
1st 2 films are my favorites although you can see the difference in cinematic style between Scott and Cameron
By Ali
I didn't mind 3 all that much, despite it's vast change in tone, but Resurrection was just bloody awful.
By Mr Anderson
I recently bought Aliens on bluray, the best of the set imo. Although Ripley is hot in the first :cooldude: But the Alien is so obviously a tall bloke in a rubber suit wearing a tail it puts me right off.
By eatthis
Ali wrote:I've read a very early draft that got put on the net and, if this is based on it, it'll be VERY different to what people expect. But that was a draft from years ago and, I expect, it'll have been changed radically. Put it this way, it involved the Aliens starting out ant sized and a lot of homosexuality!

that just sounds fckuing wierd lol
asexual reproduction??
By Mr Anderson
Surely every species starts out asexually? 1 comes before 2 and that.

I predict a new tangent in this thread.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]