The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By J@mes
anyone else into them? I.ve always been into the heavier side of music, however do enjoy most chart songs as well, but heavys where my heart is! Just wondered if there's any one else on here into possibly the uk's hottest metal act at the moment and if you've any comments on the very recent album or any others?
By J@mes
smartie wrote:Not for me, sound the same as every other metal band, just shouting and thrashing. :lol: Isnt it time for metal to move on, been like that since when? 80's?
Na its always progressing i'd say, there's always new sounds coming through, i think its the same story if your not into a particular genre though, you'll always think it sounds samey. As much as i'm into drum and bass and niche stuff, all that kind of sounds the same but its still sounds good loud in the car!
By Ali
I'm with smartie, metal is stuck in a complete rut right now. What started off as an alternative teenage reaction alongside punk has become a sad pastiche of itself. The only truly metal band that I've even liked in the past 20 years is SYL.
By JackA
civictype-are wrote:anyone else into them? I.ve always been into the heavier side of music, however do enjoy most chart songs as well, but heavys where my heart is! Just wondered if there's any one else on here into possibly the uk's hottest metal act at the moment and if you've any comments on the very recent album or any others?
im not a fan of them, nor have i really made time to listen to them.
i love my heavier stuff too.
a band i'm digging at the moment are Shadows Chasing Ghosts.
Check them out, its more the screamo side of things which i prefer tbh.
By J@mes
i will check them out then. You into stuff like bullet for my valentine as well or do you steer clear of the mainstream? Bullet are definately one of my favourites
By JackA
civictype-are wrote:i will check them out then. You into stuff like bullet for my valentine as well or do you steer clear of the mainstream? Bullet are definately one of my favourites
yeh i like BFMV, im more into the bands i listened to when i was a late teen as opposed to the newer stuff. Funeral for a friend are probably up there with my favourites. ive been really into Enter Shikari for a few years and seen them numerous times.
having said that there's a venue close to my home that plays alot of upcoming bands.
if you like really heavy check out Borelia Mass. they're from my hometown and have a massive following here.
JackA wrote:
civictype-are wrote:anyone else into them? I.ve always been into the heavier side of music, however do enjoy most chart songs as well, but heavys where my heart is! Just wondered if there's any one else on here into possibly the uk's hottest metal act at the moment and if you've any comments on the very recent album or any others?
shadows chasing ghosts FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saw them supporting bury tomorrow last week such an immense band well both of them are :thumbup: as for BMTH i think instrumentaly there good but the screams just dont work for me theyve got potential though :salut:
By JackA
Ragingspeedhorn wrote:
JackA wrote:
shadows chasing ghosts FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saw them supporting bury tomorrow last week such an immense band well both of them are :thumbup:
so did i! did you go to the roadmender?

SCG are fricking amazing arent they?

EDIT: just seen you live in Preston so i doubt you came to Northampton to see them :shock:
By Josh1921
Wooooo Heavy music FTW!

BMTH are good. I love Heavy music. Completley disagree. Its not all thrashy and certainly does notall sound the same. Easy to say when you dont understand something. I find you really have to give it a good listen before you've really heard it. Lyrics are Key too! :thumbup:

I like a lot of smaller unknown bands. Went to Hevy festival back in august. Was some really good bands there!

Thought I would be the only Type R owner who likes this Genre. Many people would probably not expect me to be blaring that kind of music lol.
By JackA
Josh1921 wrote:

Thought I would be the only Type R owner who likes this Genre. Many people would probably not expect me to be blaring that kind of music lol.
i get this all the time aswell :lol:
nah watched them in manchester mate :thumbup: i love it when im at lights and chavs are checking the car out and get closer and are greeted with a face full of metal never gets old :roflmao:
By JackA
Ragingspeedhorn wrote:nah watched them in manchester mate :thumbup: i love it when im at lights and chavs are checking the car out and get closer and are greeted with a face full of metal never gets old :roflmao:
:roflmao:

i get this....
and my gf is usually sat in my passenger seat all embarassed!! if it isn't Neyo she doesn't like listening to it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]