The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By skinnyman9000
Yeah tbf he's probably going to milk the TV stuff for what he can. When it first started you could see it was a genuine business, it was a lot smaller and he had to do things a bit differently. Now he's just milking the fame more than anything, he'll retire with some big bucks when its all done
By 160mph_boy
But that's just like many reality auto tv shows!

American chopper is another prime example. The show started out in a little unit/shop, with a fairly small crew doing small projects, then came the split and Jnr vs Snr began. Now look at Senior and his huge shop and all the projects and big company deals bringing in megabucks... and by milking it with his fame yada yada! but why not???

I say more power to them :salut:
By jtc
Seems like Hammond and May are following Clarkson, with talk of going straight to Netflix ...
By Sedge
That's been brewing for a while though; anything new today?
By richd7
Top Gear without Clarkson is like Game of Thrones without Jon Snow.
By andy.h
The bbc should make a completely different car show not try and resurrect topgear I like chris evens but think it will bomb if they try and re do the old format.
By jtc
Plenty of people will watch the first episode to see what it's like, then if it's not utter crap watch the next few out of curiosity. Evans is signed up for 3 years, which in theory is only 18 episodes (based on the old format), so it's likely they'll keep enough global viewers to not lose money on it.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the cancelled episodes, then whatever the May+Hammond+Clarkson trio come up with for another channel...
By Lewisgame
He'll bring in a new fan base. I don't mind him as a presenter. But someone who ruins every Ferrari he owns by painting it white, for a motoring show? Not so sure...
By richd7
It never really matters what the BBC churn out as they are not paid in the same way that other entertainment channels around the world are paid for. The Beeb gets money by an act of law, so they could put out anything and still make the same money. Even if new Top Gear is like The One Show, it'll still have loads of episodes and money thrown at it. The sooner the license fee is scrapped, the sooner the BBC will have to start producing shows the public wants rather than what it feels the public should have.

I'm personally hoping that the live audience start a WWE style "we want Jezza" chant throughout the show!
By steve83
So which of you haters is going to audition for the co-host roles then?
By Evilwoo
I personally cant stand Chris Evans, so I'm gutted about this. However I will watch the first few out of curiosity, but as previously mentioned, roll on the new Clarkson/May/Hammond show (if there will be one). Surely Sky would love to take a punt on it... and seeing as they are already doing a good job of ripping us off for football and F1, a new top gear would be a nice addition for them to throw in for us current subscribers to help make things more palatable..

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]