The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By Lewisgame
EvoStu wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:I love all the rage people are getting "ooh if I punched someone in my work place I'd get the sack"
That's true. But when you're the company's biggest asset and the leader in the highest earning show for the company, it's a little different.
It means nothing! The BBC own the rights to ALL syndication of Top Gear worldwide and Clarkson isn't on any of these foreign versions. They'll still be raking it in from those and all the reruns.

You cannot break the law of not just your company but also the country in which you live and not expect to be punished.

He's a tool.
I agree he's a tool. His knowledge of cars is limited. But rules bend when money comes to it. Clarkson is Top Gear. Without him and the 2 others it won't be the same. We only watch him because he's outrageous and his non political ways is entertaining.
Also, it's only alleged that he punched the producer. There's no proof yet released that he did. For all we know it could be a massive publicity stunt.
By EvoStu
Lewisgame wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:I love all the rage people are getting "ooh if I punched someone in my work place I'd get the sack"
That's true. But when you're the company's biggest asset and the leader in the highest earning show for the company, it's a little different.
It means nothing! The BBC own the rights to ALL syndication of Top Gear worldwide and Clarkson isn't on any of these foreign versions. They'll still be raking it in from those and all the reruns.

You cannot break the law of not just your company but also the country in which you live and not expect to be punished.

He's a tool.
I agree he's a tool. His knowledge of cars is limited. But rules bend when money comes to it. Clarkson is Top Gear. Without him and the 2 others it won't be the same. We only watch him because he's outrageous and his non political ways is entertaining.
Also, it's only alleged that he punched the producer. There's no proof yet released that he did. For all we know it could be a massive publicity stunt.
Publicity stunt? If it was a publicity stunt it, then the BBC wouldn't have cancelled the remaining parts of the series which costs them a lot of money to implement.

Also money doesn't come into it, Clarkson is guilty of assault as a bare minimum, and should be punished accordingly.
By Sedge
He's gone.

Tony Hall has said with it is “with great regret” he has told Clarkson he will not be renewing his contract.

Please find below a statement from BBC Director-General, Tony Hall and investigation findings from Ken MacQuarrie.

It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly. I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.

I am grateful to Ken MacQuarrie for the thorough way he has conducted an investigation of the incident on 4th March. Given the obvious and very genuine public interest in this I am publishing the findings of his report. I take no pleasure in doing so. I am only making them public so people can better understand the background. I know how popular the programme is and I also know that this decision will divide opinion. The main facts are not disputed by those involved.

Ken MacQuarrie, who carried out the inquiry said that he established that:

On 4 March 2015 Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson. During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently.
By ben-111
Didn't may and Hammond say they will not continue without him?
By Superman001
EvoStu wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

He's a tool.
Publicity stunt? If it was a publicity stunt it, then the BBC wouldn't have cancelled the remaining parts of the series which costs them a lot of money to implement.

Also money doesn't come into it, Clarkson is guilty of assault as a bare minimum, and should be punished accordingly.

Punished accordingly yes but sacked is a little over the top, just look at that footballer who has bitten other players on 3 occasions.
Punching someone is assault but biting someone is not only assault its plain weird and to do it 3 times and not get sacked is crazy.
By yella
does anyone watch that crap anyway
By Stevo07
Good.

Top Gear has been shit for a good while now anyway. But Clarkson is a thundercunt of the highest order and it's about time he was papped out the BBC.
By Sedge
James May "As much as I think he's a nob I quite like working with him". :lol: :lol:
By VTEC77
Would be nice if the next series of TG was about cars rather than egos for a change :bigthumb:
By jtc
VTEC77 wrote:Would be nice if the next series of TG was about cars rather than egos for a change :bigthumb:
As long as it's performance cars then yes. DNW reviews of the latest 1.2 Clio vs a Fiesta
By Superman001
jtc wrote:
VTEC77 wrote:Would be nice if the next series of TG was about cars rather than egos for a change :bigthumb:
As long as it's performance cars then yes. DNW reviews of the latest 1.2 Clio vs a Fiesta

You mean more informative about the cars like 5th Gear? Well Tiff was originally on the old Top Gear.
By cheapskate
yella wrote:does anyone watch that crap anyway
Yes, sometimes, because it is often entertaining. The episode with the electric car highlighted some good points. The programs often do a great service for third world country tourism. Their Myanmar episode was said to likely lead to a 325% increase in tourism to the country.
By 160mph_boy
Top Gear should be axed!!! it had its day years ago, now its just a over scripted and predictable show. I enjoyed it when it was genuinely funny, and fresh, several years ago. now it would be refreshing to see a new innovative show (not comedy or panto) made with people like Tiff Needell, Quentin Willson, Mike Brewer and Ed China and the likes. combine all the elements of other successful car shows, and make it about cars, not celebrities or politics. I couldn't give a toss of the outcome of Top Gear and Clarkson because to be honest, you can watch much better shows on the telly nowadays anyway.
By Superman001
I agree a new format car programme containing elements of other programmes would be good.
It could have someone like Tiff Needel track testing cars, someone like Mike Brewer or Quentin Wilson giving advice on buying second hand cars and Ed China giving advice on how to fix cars.
By Superman001
smartie wrote:Mike Brewer. :lol:

The guy is a joke so Quentin would be the best choice.
By smartie
Is Quentin Wilson still alive? Must be about J's age by now.

Just recreate the show on Sky and have done with it.
By smartie
160mph_boy wrote:Top Gear should be axed!!! it had its day years ago, now its just a over scripted and predictable show. I enjoyed it when it was genuinely funny, and fresh, several years ago. now it would be refreshing to see a new innovative show (not comedy or panto) made with people like Tiff Needell, Quentin Willson, Mike Brewer and Ed China and the likes. combine all the elements of other successful car shows, and make it about cars, not celebrities or politics. I couldn't give a toss of the outcome of Top Gear and Clarkson because to be honest, you can watch much better shows on the telly nowadays anyway.
Name a single car show more entertaining than Top Gear.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]