The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By BAR008
Honda's F1 engine effort is trailing behind that of rivals Cosworth, according to Honda Racing Development's Engineering Director, Shuhei Nakamoto.

"At the moment Cosworth has done a good job and we are trailing behind them," explained Nakamoto to Autosport.com. "We should be able to produce better engines than we have now.

"If we had the engine of that level in our car, then probably we will be able to beat Renault," he continued. "But we have not, so we have got some work to do."

While Honda's testing times have been encouraging, Renault have managed to top each test, albeit by a slim margin. At this week's Jerez test, Button ended up just 0.108s behind Fernando Alonso. In contrast, the fastest Cosworth powered car, the Williams of Mark Webber, was a further 0.653s behind Button.

"We still have a lot more to come from fine tuning the chassis and the engine," added Nakamoto, "and I think we are much closer to the performance of 2004. In fact, we should be better as we have gained experience in 2005 so we will not make the mistakes we made in 2004."
By r.cousins
In contrast, the fastest Cosworth powered car, the Williams of Mark Webber, was a further 0.653s behind Button.
That contradicts the assertion that Honda are behind Cosworth on the engine front. Unless other factors are putting Honda ahead on the track - e.g. driver, chassis,aero.

The quote doesn't make itself clear.
By 2civic 2 furious
Oh damn if we are behind we will get all the oil from their engine blow ups :lol: In their dreams they are not very reliable i dont think they will be up for it this year, maybe next year :twisted:
By Bazzer
Could be that Honda are calling a bluff to put the competition off guard :wink:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]