The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Sacrificial Pawn
Anyone following?

Guy Martin going well in the second timed practice, hope it's his year! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Weather been pretty crappy but looks OK for this weekend at least.
By steve83
Saw that a Japanese rider died during practice a few days ago, not good.
By 1tonne
Guy i work with raced in the 750 classic side car. Hes crazy though lol.

Said they gave huge warnings about how conditions were on the limit and it was not to be treated as a race and to ride conservatively. Jap guy didnt take heed. RIP
By 1tonne
That they are. Still doing it at 64 though, hes just unreal. Hats off to him.
By andy.h
Nutters been watching the sidecars on youtube how those guys hang on ive no idea big balls :salut:
[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
By mpm1987
I'd love to go watch the TT. How its still running I dont know! Its insane.

Hmmm, maybe something for 2014!
By Certi
Michael Dunlop looks unstoppable. He actually looks like he's riding the bike this year rather than raping it. Honda are pwning yet again, but that's nothing new :twisted: .
By Just Dirk
dutch wrote:Dunlop was awesome, take it all newcomers have to wear a orange bib?
1st year :)
By kezzad999
Kind of hope guy Martin gets a win as well, looked good yesterday, however michael Dunlop absolutely smashed it!! Big John woke up a bit to late!! Catching today's races after the mrs goes up to bed!!
By Certi
It's on 9pm on ITV4 every night this week for anyone who wasn't aware.

kezzad999 wrote:Kind of hope guy Martin gets a win as well, looked good yesterday, however michael Dunlop absolutely smashed it!! Big John woke up a bit to late!! Catching today's races after the mrs goes up to bed!!
Would be nice, but can't see it happening this year unless the other guys all have problems. I think McGuinness in the senior race will be the only thing able to stop Michael getting the 5 out of 5.
By kezzad999
Ye after seeing Dunlop yesterday you could be right! I'd like to hope mcguinnes will take it a bit more seriously now he's got some competition! He seemed really pissed off in the interview yesterday! Cameron Donald had it sorted as well! Just get behind m Dunlop and stay with him! Ha
By Certi
Yeah I don't think McGuinness was expecting Michael to be so fast. He's still got it though, setting the fastest ever lap on his last lap and I'm sure he'll be out to prove that he's not finished yet come the senior. The 600s have never been his strong suit though, so it'll be down to Anstey or Cam Donald to be a fly in the ointment. Either that or his brother, William.
Last edited by Certi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sacrificial Pawn
Avoided reading this while watching the recording.

Michael Dunlop is having a blinder! What's happened to him?! Flying.

Thought James Hillier had a great race in the Supersport too.

Hoping Guy goes well on the Superstock; that's his only shot. But, think Dunlop is on for 5/5. Riding so, so well.
By Certi
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Michael Dunlop is having a blinder! What's happened to him?! Flying.

Thought James Hillier had a great race in the Supersport too.

Hoping Guy goes well on the Superstock; that's his only shot. But, think Dunlop is on for 5/5. Riding so, so well.
He's lost 3 stone and he's racing for basically a full factory Honda team so he has the best of everything at his disposal. He's also switched to wearing a Shoei helmet, and everyone knows they are the fastest helmets :P

Like the guys on ITV were saying, Hillier was getting a lesson from the TT legends and shown the correct lines etc. He did a great job to hold onto the back of them.
By kezzad999
I'm the same, trying to watch it and staying away from this thread so it doesn't ruin it for me ha! However it sounds just as I expected!!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]