The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Jay P
Hi Guys

Who is all booked up for this year then?

I'm camping in the grounds of a villa near Porsche curves, plus i have brought grand stand tickets this year so really looking forward to it :P

Roll on mad friday lads!!! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] :beer:
By yella
not going this year, will be a bit pap without an LMP1 battle. Ruined last year really, so waiting till next year for Porsche and the other big boys to come back. still be fun though but loses a bit from the peugeot audi days
By Jay P
Amen Chippyleigh lol

Yeah know what you mean Yella, I've just missed the last couple of years so me and the old man have got the le man bug this year! can't wait for Porsche next year and by the looks of it Webber will be a driver for them too!! :smile:
By Or7on
Ill going down with a few mates next Wednesday :-D . Camping near the Porsche curves (forgot the name of the camp site as one of the lads has organised it) Cant wait for it as missed it last year. The drive down will be a good laugh. itll be my car, my mates old jag (supercharged v8 :) ) a m5 and alpha gtv so a nice mix.
By Dixy1987
Sad to see that Aston Martin driver Allan Simonsen has died as a result of his crash.

You don't see the crash in the below vid, just how it happened.

By EvoStu
Ed Case wrote:Looks like he hit the painted lines and lost it :bigcry:
They're blaming inability to get any workable heat into the tyres, as other cars were doing the same and not having an issue.

The snap off oversteer he experienced though was immense. Although really the accident didn't seem to bad when you see it. Certainly not as bad as the Mcnish crash in 2011. So something major must have happened in the cabin.

I'm sure we'll never see his onboard footage so it will be guesswork from now on.

Feel sorry for his missus and more importantly his little girl as she's not even one yet.
By Or7on
Seen the crash happen, it was horrible. Apparently the white paint on the road (which is sticky as hell) caused the car to swerve into the barrier. Granted the driver was too far over to the left but the track officials have been investigating the use of the paint and the lack of tyre walls around them.
By steve83
Will post this in here as i can't be bothered to start a new thread

Duval had a massive crash today, thankfully unhurt.

By Gozza
steve83 wrote:Will post this in here as i can't be bothered to start a new thread

Duval had a massive crash today, thankfully unhurt.

Indeed, glad he was ok. That was many late nights I spent at Audi-sport in Ingolstadt destroyed. I'd like to see what our flywheel looked like after that crash, hopefully I might get some pics from the head of hybrid systems who is trackside. Otherwise I'll have to wait for the wreckage to come back to base.

It's a pain in the backside I can't be there this year, but I'm in another part of France with a client at the mo working on another project :sad:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]