The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By dandemoraliser
Possibly one of the greatest people to ever be involved in motorsport in this country.

Progressed F1 technology and medical support beyond the limits to help keep people involved in all forms of motorsport safe.

Currently trending on twitter, hope it's not true.

:sad:
By steve83
Looks like its true.
5LiveF1So sad to here the news about Prof Sid Watkins... A true gentleman and incredibly generous with his time, experience and knowledge... RIP
http://www.autohebdo.fr/f1/f1/breve-25- ... um=twitter

Translates Dr. Sid Watkins, who played a crucial role in the safety of Formula 1 races occupying the post of medical representative of the class of 1978 to 2004, has died. He had just turned 84 years old last Thursday.

RIP
By dandemoraliser
Confirmed by bruno senna on twitter now also.

Real proper shame. Lovely tweet from Alex Brundle
"I've played a lot of football with my dad. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for a bloke i never met called Sid Watkins. Never got to thank him."
By EvoStu
seano wrote:A surgeon who did so much good work to make F1 safer.

Seano
Not just F1 mate. A lot of the measures put in place made their way down through the chains of racing.

What a legacy to leave behind. :salut:
By EagleCTR
RIP Sid.
Met him at Silverstone during the 1996 F1 race weekend IIRC. He was signing copies of his new autobiography. Thoroughly nice chap, kind of like a favourite Granddad. His work combined 2 big interests of mine, human biology and motorsport. Would have loved to have had his job.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]