The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Sedge
Oh my, that was a bad one. He was lucky to land on his wheels, that could have been so much worse.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery.
By EvoStu
McNish has just tweeted he's ok and not going to hospital. There's a properly big accident every year. Last year it was McNish himself.
By SparklyGem
Update on Davidson: No sign of injury and he's walking about, but is being taken to a local hospital for precautionary checks

Can't imagine having an accident like that in a road car and walking away from it.... :-|
By eatthis
Ed Case wrote:
Sedge wrote:Didn't Brundle stack it last year within 30 minutes or something?
that was Mansell iirc
mansell has done lemans?
By EvoStu
Yup indeed.
Davidson was taken to hospital after his Toyota tagged a Ferrari sportscar he was lapping in an accident that brought out the safety car with five hours gone.

The Toyota took off and twisted 360 degrees through the air before plunging into the tyre barriers at Mulsanne Corner, the end of the fast Mulsanne straight where cars reach speeds of more than 330kph.

The 33-year-old, an ex-Formula One driver and grand prix analyst for Sky television, climbed out of the number eight car and gesticulated before receiving treatment from the medical team at the Sarthe circuit.

The AF Corse Ferrari hit the barriers and overturned but Italian driver Piergiuseppe Perazzini was also able to extricate himself.

Toyota said Davidson had been walking and talking normally before being taken to hospital. The Briton later confirmed the extent of his injuries from the crash on his Twitter site.

"Well that was a big one! Lying in a French hospital with a broken back wasn't what I had in mind at this stage in the race," he said.
Did anyone see the Nissan Deltawing crash. Nakajima in the Toyota is an absolute tit, shouldn't be allowed near a track.

Poor Motoyama trying to get the car back out again.

By SparklyGem
I didn't think he would have been that injured if he was walking, he's very lucky that its nothing more serious.

I saw the delta wing crash, gutted because I was quite enjoying seeing that speeding around, I quite like the look of it :-D
By yella
i was there, just got back,

one of the best years , weather was fecking awesome, atmosphere amazing, mad friday was good this year, and the racing was awesome, TOyota are a huge contender next year as the car was very very fast in qualifying, bit more testing and they would have had Audi.

next year looks awesome with Mazda back, GTR in GT class, potentially mercedes too. However 2014 is the ultimate with Porsche back and 90% guaranteed that they will be competing with Audi

best race in the world still and best week you will spend away. sitting here a little deflated about being back and als rather sunburnt!!!!
By chippyleigh
yella wrote:i was there, just got back,

one of the best years , weather was fecking awesome, atmosphere amazing, mad friday was good this year, and the racing was awesome, TOyota are a huge contender next year as the car was very very fast in qualifying, bit more testing and they would have had Audi.

next year looks awesome with Mazda back, GTR in GT class, potentially mercedes too. However 2014 is the ultimate with Porsche back and 90% guaranteed that they will be competing with Audi

best race in the world still and best week you will spend away. sitting here a little deflated about being back and als rather sunburnt!!!!
Me too, was yours MU53... ?? Saw this at Super U Arnage, I was driving out towards Arnage town centre.

A good year with sh1te loads of beer sun and laughs, roll on next year !!
By EvoStu
yella wrote:i was there, just got back,

I am thinking of doing this next year. Sounds class mate.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]