The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By chippyleigh
EvoStu wrote:
yella wrote:i was there, just got back,

one of the best years , weather was fecking awesome, atmosphere amazing, mad friday was good this year, and the racing was awesome, TOyota are a huge contender next year as the car was very very fast in qualifying, bit more testing and they would have had Audi.

next year looks awesome with Mazda back, GTR in GT class, potentially mercedes too. However 2014 is the ultimate with Porsche back and 90% guaranteed that they will be competing with Audi

best race in the world still and best week you will spend away. sitting here a little deflated about being back and als rather sunburnt!!!!
I am thinking of doing this next year. Sounds class mate.
You should, it is the best racing venue ever, driving there is pretty good too.
By yella
EvoStu wrote:
yella wrote:i was there, just got back,

one of the best years , weather was fecking awesome, atmosphere amazing, mad friday was good this year, and the racing was awesome, TOyota are a huge contender next year as the car was very very fast in qualifying, bit more testing and they would have had Audi.

next year looks awesome with Mazda back, GTR in GT class, potentially mercedes too. However 2014 is the ultimate with Porsche back and 90% guaranteed that they will be competing with Audi

best race in the world still and best week you will spend away. sitting here a little deflated about being back and als rather sunburnt!!!!
I am thinking of doing this next year. Sounds class mate.

if you've never done it, DO IT. i've been going pretty much every year since late 90's and i love it, For a first time i would recommend a package event with speed chills or someone like that, saves you all the hassle on your first time.

booking ours in the next few weeks as want Houx again.

here was the civic ( brothers - jordanvxr on here) we were shocked as the attention was something else, guy from Brian vickers team ( Ferrari car 61) came over to us on the Campsite as he had spotted us driving round and loved the nascar theme, so we have got Pit passes next year from our new best mate which was nice of him.

a big shout out to the prat in the Silver facelift Ep3 who does not know how close he was to getting how head kicked in by the Techno Dutch boys after he deliberately done a burn out on their power cables and then spent the rest of the time on friday caning it up the road, what a nob jockey!!!!! saw a few other Ep3's , a facelift cosmic with a 130i across from us and red ep3 at the piston heads meet.

here are a couple of vids i took from mad friday, was a lot of fun, freddie mercury was a legend.

By JevoH
I was in Houx as well, my first time to Le Mans and I'll definitely be going back! :bigthumb:

Was it that silver 55 plate with black wheels you're talking about? It was with a red evo 5 or 6? I was in a silver facelift but can assure you there was no burnouts from me.

Think I saw your car near the VXR area.
By yella
JevoH wrote:I was in Houx as well, my first time to Le Mans and I'll definitely be going back! :bigthumb:

Was it that silver 55 plate with black wheels you're talking about? It was with a red evo 5 or 6? I was in a silver facelift but can assure you there was no burnouts from me.

Think I saw your car near the VXR area.

yeah that was the one, the crazy dutch guys were mad, they are regulars on Houx and are sort of known trouble makers with their loud music, there was a big ding dong a couple of years back where they had a huge ruck with another set of campers. One of the guys was huge, i'm 6ft 3 and i was looking up to him so he must have been about 6ft 10. But saying that they were really nice to us and we had a few drinks with them. The silver civic had black wheels and yeah was with that Tommi makinnen Evo 6 with the anti lag on it.

we were with the VXR lot who were boring feckers, to be honest going it alone next year. The VXR lot complained about the Fiat 500's doing the rally course so they got bollocked by security, complaiend about the dutch sound system. yet it was alright for the V8 lot to rev the shite out of there shitty monaros and maloos.

One of the complainers came over and said " its totally out of order, its past midnight and they have loud music, i'm 60 and i did not come for a rev". i told him that it was Le mans and thats what its about and 60 is no excuse for being a miserable git. He reckons he will be going to bathurst next year, i told him that if he tried that there he would end up pummeled.

Seems this year too many newbies going and not quite understanding what le mans is about. we have people in our group going who have been attending since the 60's. Yes the best years are gone as the police clamp down on all fun, however its still great fun.
By EvoStu
The 80th running of the Le Mans 24 hour race takes place this weekend. To mark the occasion, here are 10 things you might not know about this historic motorsport event.

The 24 hour race has always been hugely popular with British people, and in particular with sports car enthusiasts. In 1999, a record-breaking 2460 TVRs set off from the UK, all headed for Le Mans. An equally record-breaking 14 of them made it.

The 1982 Le Mans 24 hour race actually ran for 26 hours and 34 minutes after it was realised that no one had bothered to keep an eye on the clock.

Tom Kristensen has made Le Mans so popular with Danes that this year the entire population of Denmark will be at Circuit de la Sarthe leaving the country completely empty. Fortunately the Swedes have promised to pop over to feed the cat and turn on a few lights.

Le Mans landmark Circuit Karting Alain Prost is so named because the facility is actually run by the eponymous former F1 legend. ‘I cannot talk now, I ‘ave, ‘ow you say, a stag do coming in,’ the four-time world champion said. ‘Alors, regardez le video du safety avec M. Martin Brundle!’ he added.

In 2004 the French trading standards authority, Le Standards du Trading, unsuccessfully took action against dozens of track-side stalls for using inflatable promotional devices to con drunk British people into thinking they were selling chips when in fact the things they are selling are definitely NOT chips.

Some of the outlying fields now used as Le Mans campsites were the scenes of brutal, muddy, bloody battles during the First World War. Conditions have since got a lot worse.

In 2006 French police issued speeding fines to a record 10,474 British motorists who were on their way to Le Mans. Some of these convictions were later overturned when it was discovered that sneaky Gendarmes had actually crept over the Channel and were stopping people as far north as Bedfordshire.

One person never to have taken part in Le Mans is former F1 star Rubens Barrichello. ‘I would love to but it always clashes with my annual 24 hour DVD marathon of The Fall Guy,’ the Brazilian racer said. ‘Damn you Colt Seavers!’ he added.

In 2005, famed irony enthusiast Derek Bell attempted to enter Le Mans in an ex-Gulf liveried sports prototype that had been crudely painted to look like a shabby Nissan Bluebird bought off eBay for £250.

The French organisers of the 24 hours race recently denied accusations of local bias after they issued a press release which claimed the five most successful car makers in Le Mans history were “Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot encore, Axiam”.
By Chris-EP3
EvoStu wrote:Poor Motoyama trying to get the car back out again.
I was right next to the delta wing whilst he tried to fix it

Can't wait for next year
By J
yella wrote:

I am sure that went past me when I was going to Arnage for supplies. I remember the lexus lights.
By J
My friend bought a new m5 for the weekend. It goes with his collection. I hate him.

I hid my poor civic well away from him :lol:
By J

Some from the end of the race. Anyone see us on the zoomers ?

I didn't bother to buy a ticket this year as there are enough places to watch it for free.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]