The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By SuperFLY
Fantastic race!

yeh if he hadn't had made that mistake he would have been challenging lorenzo but you know why he felt he had to do it.. getting held up for a few laps and its pretty much game over.

shame rossi spooked cal on his way past but at least he stayed upright. would have loved him to just follow rossi through the hondas but he's definitely got the pace!

pedrosa must be sick!

as much as i want cal and rossi to win; i do want pedrosa to win the championship. as someone said above.. its his turn
By steve83
Great to see Rossi back, was a great race, shame Cal had a poor start too, he couldn't get anywhere near those Honda's on the straights.

I still hate Lorenzo though.
By yella
if thats an indication of how good the season to be , then wow.

What a race, Lorenzo of course out front, great but once he'd gapped the others in 5 laps it was simply laptime management. But Pedrosa was great, 4th is still good points and we know the only reason he lost last year was due to too many DNF's. He needs to ignore Marquez and concentrate on everyone else.

Marquez was simply Marquez. He reminds me a lot of Simoncelli, its all smiles now but i would suspect by the midseason he will have roughed up a few of the others and will be the badboy of the pack. Damn quick but is he safe, we will have to see.

Cal, what can i say really, he's good he really is, but is he that good. Is it the non factory bike meaning he is losing tenths, but still mighty impressive when you realise he was on last season bike. But this podium needs to happen soon or he will become dispondent and then his Mrs will leave him and come and move in with me ( she is hot)

Rossi what more needs to be said, his control of the bike and his use of the track is simply unmatched, i have never doubted he would come back this season if he liked the bike. I think Lorenzo is aware that Rossi is going to be one of the major threats and i ssupect the smiles and team mate stuff will be gone by Le mans. A couple of wet races will be the decider i bet as nobody else can ride wet like he can.

Bradley Smith, ok, but he's not a MotoGp rider in my view. i could see him coming to BSB and doing well, but i doubt he will amount to much this season. That was too much of a step up for him. He was great in 125cc but even moto2 he rarely got on the podium. hope i am wrong, but fear i am not.

Oh and Dovizioso, i said last season if anybody could wrestle the Ducati to a good result it was him. I think we will see them with a podium quicker than the others like.

This season is going to be a scorcher and whoever is champion this year is probably going to be one of the best champions for a long time as they will have to fight until the end for it.

Shame for old Stoner as i really think he was hoping people would miss him, i think we have forgotten about him already as the pack has moved on.
By Chris hobbs
I have to say I am very happy I took up the groupon deal to go to catalunya. After that first race its clear this years not going to be one to miss.
By Fly100
yella wrote: Shame for old Stoner as i really think he was hoping people would miss him, i think we have forgotten about him already as the pack has moved on.

He will be back, you heard it here 1st!!!
By yella
Fly100 wrote:
yella wrote: Shame for old Stoner as i really think he was hoping people would miss him, i think we have forgotten about him already as the pack has moved on.

He will be back, you heard it here 1st!!!

he will have to, but i suspect Ducati as Audi will want a big name again, i'm still shocked Hayden is still there as he's hardly been amazing
By Nuttynutter123
yella wrote:
Marquez was simply Marquez. He reminds me a lot of Simoncelli, its all smiles now but i would suspect by the midseason he will have roughed up a few of the others and will be the badboy of the pack. Damn quick but is he safe, we will have to see.
Would have loved to see Simo, Marquez and Rossi battling it out!! Still massivly gutted over the loss of Simo.

I think MM will beat pedrosa this year :-)
By yella
Nuttynutter123 wrote:
yella wrote:
Would have loved to see Simo, Marquez and Rossi battling it out!! Still massivly gutted over the loss of Simo.

I think MM will beat pedrosa this year :-)

i would not write Pedrosa off on the back of one race. he's been around too long and end of the day experience still counts for a lot in MotoGP. I also don't think Pedrosa was getting on with his tyres yesterday. Lets discuss this again in July and see where we are then.
By Fly100
Trixster wrote:Marquez I think will walk Texas, his performance in qualifying was simply superb.

This! He seems to be able to have the bike further over than the rest. Im sure it just looks like that as they all fall off the tyres at the same angle. ( I think)
By Nuttynutter123
yella wrote:

i would not write Pedrosa off on the back of one race. he's been around too long and end of the day experience still counts for a lot in MotoGP.
What about two?
By Certi
Nuttynutter123 wrote:
yella wrote:

i would not write Pedrosa off on the back of one race. he's been around too long and end of the day experience still counts for a lot in MotoGP.
What about two?
3rd time lucky :wink:

And it looks like Marquez hasn't mellowed any from his Moto2 time...

It was a bit strong, but Lorenzo is a knobber anyway so :lol:
By sinbad
I'm not a fan of Lorenzo but from racing point of view Why was Marquez not punished for that move?
Surely he would have wiped them both out if Lorenzo hadn't stood the bike up to avoid an accident. I'm surprised the governing body didn't penalise him for the move.
By bornlucky1
sinbad wrote:I'm not a fan of Lorenzo but from racing point of view Why was Marquez not punished for that move?
Surely he would have wiped them both out if Lorenzo hadn't stood the bike up to avoid an accident. I'm surprised the governing body didn't penalise him for the move.
Penalty? You should be in the F1 thread.....

Seriously though, it was a hard move, but nobody fell off, you can't penalise someone for an accident that didn't happen.
If they started dishing out penalties because an accident 'could have' happened then motorsport would be pointless....

By sinbad
bornlucky1 wrote:
Seriously though, it was a hard move, but nobody fell off, you can't penalise someone for an accident that didn't happen.
If they started dishing out penalties because an accident 'could have' happened then motorsport would be pointless....

His move was to plough straight in to the side of another bike with no real care for another riders safety. Lorenzo was lucky not to come off, I'm all for racing and enjoyed marquez and rossis's battle in the first race but in my eyes it overstepped the mark on what should be acceptable. The move was never going to pull off unless Lorenzo took avoiding action or came off the bike.
By bornlucky1
You seem to be forgetting that Lorenzo himself is no stranger to dishing out some borderline moves, not least on Rossi last time round at yamaha.
By sinbad
bornlucky1 wrote:You seem to be forgetting that Lorenzo himself is no stranger to dishing out some borderline moves, not least on Rossi last time round at yamaha.
Not at all, I was referring to this incident in isolation. I was hoping to have an actual discussion without getting personal insults for not having the same view as others.
I actually dont like Lorenzo, so if anything im far from biased, but enjoy the sport for the racing. For me the move Marquez did was unsportsman like at least and should have been punished. I understand about taking the racing like, but he was way too far back to pull that move off without hitting Lorenzo. If everyone did that we might as well be watching bumper cars at the fairground.
By bornlucky1
sinbad wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:You seem to be forgetting that Lorenzo himself is no stranger to dishing out some borderline moves, not least on Rossi last time round at yamaha.
Not at all, I was referring to this incident in isolation. I was hoping to have an actual discussion without getting personal insults for not having the same view as others.
I actually dont like Lorenzo, so if anything im far from biased, but enjoy the sport for the racing. For me the move Marquez did was unsportsman like at least and should have been punished. I understand about taking the racing like, but he was way too far back to pull that move off without hitting Lorenzo. If everyone did that we might as well be watching bumper cars at the fairground.
You'd have rather he sat behind and didn't take the chance then?
By sinbad
bornlucky1 wrote: You'd have rather he sat behind and didn't take the chance then?
Your obviously missing the point, I'd have preferred Marquez to have gone for it, and either made a clean pass or fail miserably. My point is that having practically taken out another rider i was questioning if Marquez should have been punished. I enjoy racing Within the rules, I just thought this wasn't governed well. Lorenzo did nothing wrong apart from avoiding them both crashing out and in my eyes should have had 2nd place.
Given that its still being discussed this weekend obviously shows it wasn't as clear cut as your making out.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]