The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By bornlucky1
big.h wrote:Stoner said its not a problem braking with two fingers its picking the bike up out of the corners.

I really dislike lorenzo.

Good result for cal crutchlow though.
You cant deny his abilities though.
I'm not to keen on him myself tbh. Sadly my favourite from last year is gone and rossi is nowhere atm.
By big.h
bornlucky1 wrote:
big.h wrote:Stoner said its not a problem braking with two fingers its picking the bike up out of the corners.

I really dislike lorenzo.

Good result for cal crutchlow though.
You cant deny his abilities though.
I'm not to keen on him myself tbh. Sadly my favourite from last year is gone and rossi is nowhere atm.

Big +1 here dude on the simo :sad:
By Certi
bornlucky1 wrote:He did do well, though apparently lorenzo was heard saying that arm pumps nothing, stoner shouyld try braking with only three usable fingers :lol:
Yeah, but that bit missing from his finger gives him a considerable weight advantage :P
By vtrsp1rob
Harl wrote:HRC spot for Rossi??
hmmmm, that's what I thought, but dunno.....
By Mad-Dog
Can't say I'm too bothered about stoner leaving, he's a bit of a whiner anyway
By EvoStu
Mad-Dog wrote:Can't say I'm too bothered about stoner leaving, he's a bit of a whiner anyway
Yeah just what the sport needs right now, losing another one of its stars. :roll:
By vtrsp1rob
EvoStu wrote:
Mad-Dog wrote:Can't say I'm too bothered about stoner leaving, he's a bit of a whiner anyway
Yeah just what the sport needs right now, losing another one of its stars. :roll:
exactly, love him or hate him, he's the best package out there at the moment. moto GP is a bit of a mess, last thing it needs is to to loose another big name. (after losing marco last year)
you have to have someone to hate too! :lol:
By Fly100
Harl wrote:HRC spot for Rossi??
Bit out of touch on the Rossi stuff lately everytime I catch it on Euro sport they have just finished talking about it.

So its a rubbish bike that they cant sort.Whats the prob.No one can deny Rossi is one of the greatest, and the team are no poor effort either.

Has he given them a time limit to sort it ? Will he walk mid season ? and now the Stoner news and lets face it his ride is one of the top spots.
By bornlucky1
Do you think simo's death had anyhting to do with it? It must have put thoughts into his mind.
By Chris hobbs
I can't see Honda signing rossi to be honest. Nor can I see that ducati picking up the pace. Rossi is a feedback god which is why he was so fast on the yamaha. They were very good at translating what he wanted into the bike. He's just not happy with the chassis on the duke. I don't think there's a lot they can do. Stoner leaving will be a shame, I don't like him but if you were to like everyone it would be boring.
By Fly100
bornlucky1 wrote:Do you think simo's death had anyhting to do with it? It must have put thoughts into his mind.
His mrs is pregnant too, got to have changed things a bit.
By dcep3
bornlucky1 wrote:Do you think simo's death had anyhting to do with it? It must have put thoughts into his mind.

might be, he has just had a child.

I can see how it must be a bit boring, think back to the epic battles between him on Ducati and Rossi on the Yamaha. Pedrosa is quick but doesn't have any fight in him. Simoncelli was the only rider I thought looked capable of giving him a run for his money but sadly that won't happen.

Moto GP needs to look at Moto2 for inspiration on how to make racing interesting
By EvoStu
Honda management won't want Rossi back after his previous comments about Honda and their riders. Those bridges have been well and truly burnt.
By Mad-Dog
EvoStu wrote:
:sleeping:
Sport needs to freshen up somewhat, Honda loosing a star rider is no bad thing, would hopefully push them to recruit from gp2 and see some fresh blood come through and might push pedrosa to fight Lorenzo for the title

At the end of the day it's just an opinion :thumbup:
By Fly100
EvoStu wrote:Honda management won't want Rossi back after his previous comments about Honda and their riders. Those bridges have been well and truly burnt.

Glass half full version,

A returning rider who has had time with Yamaha and Ducati, and wishes to return to Honda?!

I dunno.
By vtrsp1rob
EvoStu wrote:Honda management won't want Rossi back after his previous comments about Honda and their riders. Those bridges have been well and truly burnt.
HRC vice president (shuhei nakamoto) has said it could be a possibility.

they could also try and tempt lorenzo away from yamaha and leave a different seat empty....
By dcep3
On a different note, who expects Bradley Smiths contract with Tech 3 to be cancelled for Moto GP next year? There seems to be loads of better riders in Moto2 at the moment who would be far more deserving of a ride not to mention the fact that both current Tech 3 riders look to be doing very well and not worthy of being sacked in place of Smith.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]