The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
EpicCTR wrote:Ted Kravits needs to be promoted to the commentary team [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

never, he's brundles bitch dog,

Always felt he was under utlised at the BBC, he came across from ITV where he had a big role with louise goodman, but he was always cut off at the BBC,
yella wrote:
EpicCTR wrote:Ted Kravits needs to be promoted to the commentary team [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

never, he's brundles bitch dog,

Always felt he was under utlised at the BBC, he came across from ITV where he had a big role with louise goodman, but he was always cut off at the BBC,
He has been the main man so far on the sky sports news coverage during the testing, so he may have a bigger role to play this year.
Has anybody had a look at the new channel yet? Doesn't launch fully until Friday but it's showing a loop of short features and trailers. I must say I've been very impressed by what I've seen so far and despise sky! I've always thought everything they do has a tacky, low rent feel but this looks good. :bigthumb:
hovblackctr wrote:They took football coverage to the next level. :cooldude:

They will probably do the same with F1.
F1 is a completely different ball game, forgive the pun. During the race all carriers are given the same FOM feed, they have no choice over the shots they receive. In the old days the hosting broadcaster provided the equipment and feed to other international broadcasters but these days FOM control everything. Also, once the cars leave the pits each broadcaster is limited to one reporter in the pit lane. This used to be Ted hence him carrying a hole heap of equipment.
Don't expect Sky to be able to do more than the BBC, remember how long it took to get HD pictures.
By Atki
I like the fact there's so many re-runs of things seen as they have a whole channel, it's 10am and I can watch a re-run of qualifying and still have the afternoon to do other stuff. If I was relying on the beeb I'd be sitting around until 1pm.

Enjoying the commentary on Sky, I'm doubtful the BBC will be the same without Brundle and Kravitz. It's a shame Humphrey is hooked up on wanting to present Olympics otherwise I think he'd have been over as well.

Atki
Atki wrote:I like the fact there's so many re-runs of things seen as they have a whole channel, it's 10am and I can watch a re-run of qualifying and still have the afternoon to do other stuff. If I was relying on the beeb I'd be sitting around until 1pm.

Enjoying the commentary on Sky, I'm doubtful the BBC will be the same without Brundle and Kravitz. It's a shame Humphrey is hooked up on wanting to present Olympics otherwise I think he'd have been over as well.

Atki
Or you can just watch it on BBC iPlayer like modern people do

Sky F1 is a rip off for non-sky customers like myself. £36 a race or something it works out at. A joke.
Dubbz wrote:
Atki wrote:I like the fact there's so many re-runs of things seen as they have a whole channel, it's 10am and I can watch a re-run of qualifying and still have the afternoon to do other stuff. If I was relying on the beeb I'd be sitting around until 1pm.

Atki

Sky F1 is a rip off for non-sky customers like myself. £36 a race or something it works out at. A joke.
This story hits the nail on the head.

I know i won't be paying for Sky.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/03/22/u ... t-f1-race/
By J
Dubbz wrote:

Atki

Or watch it ar work, pre sky feed.
Composite Guru wrote:
Dubbz wrote:

Atki

I must just add ( and away from the normal RB digs) a few of the lads I work with and a few mates are not bothering , basically the Sky F1 take over x Red Bull walkover in 2011 has put those that are not really into off, thus they have not taken Sky out.

Ive no idea if this is repeated across the line but does seem to make a bit of sense. However race 1 results ( it was a good race) my get a few to come back ? I dont know.

FLY
By Atki
Dubbz wrote:

Atki

iPlayer won't be updated until after they have run it on BBC, so I'd be sitting around even longer to see it on BBC.

All the extra feeds you can access, interviews after practise late on personally make me think it's worth it.

I see BBC has now lost all it's flagship horse racing to Channel 4 which it was keeping instead of F1, also seems they manage to still send out a production team to all F1 races as well. I thought the whole point of giving it to sky was to save money. Give it a few years and Wimbledon will be on Sky.

Atki
By Dubbz
Yeah but re-runs on Sky aren't shown until after it's happened either :wink: What I meant to say is that Sky aren't really offering anything the BBC didn't (except maybe a few feeds/interviews like you say) but charging an obscene amount of money. The 10 races that will be live on BBC as they were last year will be the same. The Sky deal is a killer to F1 for those who have no intention of paying for it in the first place.

Also, I was pretty grateful that I wasn't setting my alarm at 5AM last weekend for a change. :lol:
Composite Guru wrote:
Dubbz wrote:

Atki

Pretty much as expected really, hopefully it declines and F1 ends up back on free TV so to speak.
By J
Dubbz wrote:Yeah but re-runs on Sky aren't shown until after it's happened either :wink: What I meant to say is that Sky aren't really offering anything the BBC didn't (except maybe a few feeds/interviews like you say) but charging an obscene amount of money. The 10 races that will be live on BBC as they were last year will be the same. The Sky deal is a killer to F1 for those who have no intention of paying for it in the first place.

Also, I was pretty grateful that I wasn't setting my alarm at 5AM last weekend for a change. :lol:
Composite Guru wrote:
Dubbz wrote:

Atki

Pretty much as expected really, hopefully it declines and F1 ends up back on free TV so to speak.
Sush you. Sky is lovely and worth every penny. They offer a fantastic service and worth every penny. :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]