The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Magic-R
I'm actually impressed with the Sky Coverage, I think it's gone to extra step compared to the BBC.

The only thing is Georgie Thompson, looking a bit grim today on qualifying, wearing her gym kit, looking a little flabby and way too much make-up. :bigcry:
Probably old news but I've just read that Georgie Thomson was banned from driving for 18 mouths last September for drink driving! What a fantastic roll model to present a motor racing programme. Only on sky!
Last edited by mileshardy2000 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mileshardy2000 wrote:Probably old news but I've just read that Georgie Thomson was banned from driving for 18 mouths last September for drink driving! What a fantastic roll model to present a motor racing programme.
Who cares? The chap who presents police, camera, action did the same.

You could argue she's not a good role model to present anything.

But the reality is she's probably extremely sorry for what she did.
By Atki
Dubbz wrote:Yeah but re-runs on Sky aren't shown until after it's happened either :wink: What I meant to say is that Sky aren't really offering anything the BBC didn't (except maybe a few feeds/interviews like you say) but charging an obscene amount of money. The 10 races that will be live on BBC as they were last year will be the same. The Sky deal is a killer to F1 for those who have no intention of paying for it in the first place.

Also, I was pretty grateful that I wasn't setting my alarm at 5AM last weekend for a change. :lol:
Composite Guru wrote:
Dubbz wrote:
Atki wrote:I like the fact there's so many re-runs of things seen as they have a whole channel, it's 10am and I can watch a re-run of qualifying and still have the afternoon to do other stuff. If I was relying on the beeb I'd be sitting around until 1pm.

Enjoying the commentary on Sky, I'm doubtful the BBC will be the same without Brundle and Kravitz. It's a shame Humphrey is hooked up on wanting to present Olympics otherwise I think he'd have been over as well.

Atki
Or you can just watch it on BBC iPlayer like modern people do

Sky F1 is a rip off for non-sky customers like myself. £36 a race or something it works out at. A joke.
This story hits the nail on the head.

I know i won't be paying for Sky.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/03/22/u ... t-f1-race/
Pretty much as expected really, hopefully it declines and F1 ends up back on free TV so to speak.
Yea, the only big advantage Sky has over BBC is that they cab re-run these long haul races again a couple of times before BBC show their highlights show, obviously no advantage if you don't bar sky though.

Thankfully I watch a lot of Rugby League on Sky Sports and some boxing as well so has worked out ok for me getting the package.

As for the coverage I'm still missing the banter from BBC, I'm pretty sure after the Olympics they'll be able to persuade Jake Humphrey over. The Sky team still don't seem to click for me yet but time will tell, I remember feeling the same about Jordan and Coulthard on the beeb when it started.

Atki
EvoStu wrote:
mileshardy2000 wrote:Probably old news but I've just read that Georgie Thomson was banned from driving for 18 mouths last September for drink driving! What a fantastic roll model to present a motor racing programme.
Who cares? The chap who presents police, camera, action did the same.

You could argue she's not a good role model to present anything.

But the reality is she's probably extremely sorry for what she did.
I care, and I'm sure anyone who's life has been ruined by a drink driver would care.

I'm no goodie two shoes but I'd have them all hung, drawn and quartered!
By EvoStu
I have no doubt people feel strongly about, so do I, my best friend was killed in an accident with a drink driver so I know first hand the pain it causes.

However, if the person is truly sorry, why shouldn't they be given a second chance?
I'm not so sure the people who only get caught for drink driving would be truly sorry?
I'm am sure that anyone who causes a serious accident would be truly sorry and would have to live with what they did for the rest of their lives. However being sorry is not enough for me.

These are just my personal feelings.
By scot
I cant be alone in thinking that people like me, who dont go out their way to watch F1 but end up watching it or at least having it on the tele, wont be paying for it through Sky.

Is it that big that it will draw in the millions that watched it on the beeb?
By J
scot wrote:I cant be alone in thinking that people like me, who dont go out their way to watch F1 but end up watching it or at least having it on the tele, wont be paying for it through Sky.

Is it that big that it will draw in the millions that watched it on the beeb?
I have heard no. But i am happy to be proved wrong.
By jtc
The Sky coverage has been absolutely brilliant so far.

Their red button stuff is fantastic - light years ahead of anything the BBC ever did. Plus, it's all available during the re-runs too!

I didn't think they would top what the BBC achieved, but it does go to show what some serious cash can do. Lazenby will get more comfortable in his role eventually - he's already showing improvement from Australia.
EvoStu wrote:I have no doubt people feel strongly about, so do I, my best friend was killed in an accident with a drink driver so I know first hand the pain it causes.

However, if the person is truly sorry, why shouldn't they be given a second chance?
Would she have been given the second chance had she mounted a pavement and killed a child because she was drunk?
Or is it ok because this time the police cought her before she did kill someone?
bornlucky1 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:I have no doubt people feel strongly about, so do I, my best friend was killed in an accident with a drink driver so I know first hand the pain it causes.

Would she have been given the second chance had she mounted a pavement and killed a child because she was drunk?
Or is it ok because this time the police cought her before she did kill someone?
She didn't though otherwise then she'd be in prison, so stop being a pedantic swine coming up with scenarios that are low on the "will happen" register.
EvoStu wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:

She didn't though otherwise then she'd be in prison, so stop being a pedantic swine coming up with scenarios that are low on the "will happen" register.
Was it that low on the 'will happen' register when your mate was killed?
bornlucky1 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:

Was it that low on the 'will happen' register when your mate was killed?
No but without going into specific detail it wasn't all the drunk persons fault so don't generalise.
By Mark
Am I the only one who thinks David and Martin clash and interrupt each other a lot/too often, more David then Martin to be honest, can appreciate its only his 2nd F1 commentary but it's annoying :-)
By jtc
Mark wrote:Am I the only one who thinks David and Martin clash and interrupt each other a lot/too often, more David then Martin to be honest, can appreciate its only his 2nd F1 commentary but it's annoying :-)
Crofty has been doing F1 for BBC R5L for years - he's the better commentator, I think Brundle is just getting used to not having to "lead" DC and instead taking the co-commentator role.
By yella
Ok

so heres my verdict after two races.

So in no order:-

Brundle - As much as i hate to say it, i hated him for ditching BBC, however he is F1 for me, knowledgable, unphased by celebs and also he has not changed his style at all from BBC which for me is a good thing. still needs to tidy a few things like the silly circuit guide which is poor to the old BBC one so for now BRUNDLE =9/10

Simon Lazenby - He's actually ok, trying too hard to be Jake Humphreys in fact his dress code is straight from Jake Humphries own wardrobe, even copying the stance and the ipad waving. Not all bad though and he does seem to be able to focus the conversation and holds his own with the F1 royalty. still hard to know how long term but so far i will give him a 7 /10

Damon Hill Damon Damon Damon............ Probably the weakest link of them all, The guy is a bafoon, he has all the charisma of a wet fish. He stands there like a gormless melon waiting to be fed lines, he has no understanding of anything, he argues on stupid points, perosnally if Sjy have the chance, bin him and let Johhny herbert takeover his position full term or just get DC fromt he BBC. Annoys me just watching him, ruins it all, i even hate the way he can;t hold the microphone in a relaxed manner. So Damon gets a big fat zero from me Damon = 0/10

Gerogie Thompson it works for me, not sure why as she has a real strange shape and she's a bit of a midget, side on profile she has a huge arse and bit bingo wing on the arms, but i really want to bang the sh-t out of her, so she has the seired affect, a little like Suzi Perry used to do on the Moto Gp rounds. Strange one for eye candy and she probably looks fitter than she really is as she's in a male dominated environment. 8/10

Ted Kravitz Simple message this one, Ted nmeeds to be told to wind his neck in a little bit, seems to be overplaying his role a little bit here, keeps turning up mid interview on practice and Quali and really thinks he's the bee's knees now. Ted needs to be put back in his box and left in the pit lane a bit more. He also seems to want to have a geek off all the time with David croft over Sauber wins, really stood out as he trys to make out he is more knowledgable than others. So wind your neck in Ted, back in the pits and stay there and only come out when requested by the commentary team, for trying to makeout you were related to Lenny Kravitz at oz GP you get a 3/10

Natalie Pinkham ok she gets a point for being shaggable, however she's pretty shite, she keeps asking stupid questions, even Kimi yesterday looked confused by her. In my opinion she needs to be replaced by Leigh mackenzie, she looks ok and knows her stuff. Pinkham, easy on the eye but thats your lot, 3/10

David Croft knoweldgable, seems to work well with brundle, however my critic of him last year when he did practice sessions online for BBC are still the same " DAVID YOU ARE NOT ON THE RADIO" keeps getting excited about things that have not happened and forgets we can see that its not happening, ie "He's going for it and he looks to take him into the corner, oooh is he going to...." when we can see that at the point of him saying "going for it" he stopped the move. so relax a bit more and just do the commentary, also needs to polish up his knowledge on technicals i would say, geeks will spot he does not know enough on certain areas. but overall it works with brundle, so i'd give him 7/10

Anthony Davidson Pk Anthony, yes you drove an F1 car ( pretty shite as we remember) so in my opinion you are le mans driver more than an F1 driver. Secondly, skypad, great, why the feck are you jumping round like a retard trying to make amazing moments out of stuff all. Sorry but i really do not see the point of " Ant" he just detracts from Georgie, in fact i hate the stupid sky pad, it really is a stupid piece of crap and usually signifies a cup of tea for me. Bin this idiot 0/10

so overall, we are sitting at a 7 out of 10 for the whol coverage, i love the after race coverage, its a bit like the F1 forum, nice and relaxed. Sky's access seems to be above an beyond that of the BBC's last year, they seem to have a lot more clout. Still expensive for what it is. bin the Skypad, stop telling me its on sky HD blah blah blah, i know that as i am watching it.

As for the channel going forward, needs more race series, turn it into a motorsport channel and start showing me some bikes and tin top racign from around the world. They could do replays of World superbikes, british superbikes, BTCC, WTCC. They would get a lot more sign ups.

oh and get Goergie dancing for me.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]