The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Mad-Dog
I have to agree with Yella on the coverage, Sky seem to be getting a lot more out of it, but then you would if you have a whole channel dedicated to one sport.

As for the team, apart from Brundle i think they are all pretty gash. Not a big fan of Croft if i'm honest, his commentating really grates on me and i hate the way they self promote Sky.

BBC for the fact they have lost the core of the team, offer (For me at least) a better commentating experience. Well everything apart from Gary Anderson. I love the way he has so much F1 knowledge but he just sounds so sterile DC has come on leaps and bounds and Jake is a better presenter than Lazenby.
i watched the f1 on sky this weekend and tbh found it abit lame, the thing that wound me up the most was on the warm up lap it had background music and kept showing past interviews that we had just seen minutes earlier.
For me the warm up lap is when you get all excited and pumped up and they seem to treat it as an interval, seemed very american to me, like it was nascar

Must confess didnt use any of the interactive features, im sure it has its plus side but the overall feel i got was it just felt like it was trying too hard
By Gravy
So far I think ...

Lazenby - Fish out of water. Has nothing even approaching the character, humour and likeability of Jake Humphrey. I'm not getting the love for F1 from him that Jake used to exude. :evil:

Hill - Still hasn't quite found his feet, but I believe he will. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Brundle - is F1 for me. He's usually one step ahead of me answering my questions before I ask them. I like the fact that he still does his cringy and rude grid walks and I like the split-screen quali lap analysis things he does. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Croft - I quite like for his casual style. I think him and Brundle work well together, especially considering we're only 2 races in. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Davidson - I like him. He has confidence and talks a lot of sense. I like the giant iPad thingy they have, which seems to be Ant's schtick. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Bint with Ant Davidson - What exactly is her purpose? ... other than to just be a female presenter. :evil:

Pit lane bint - Meh. Not sure what her purpose is either, except to ask drivers who have just crashed and probably don't want to speak to anyone, to state the bleeding obvious. I suppose this role has to be female, as a bloke reporter would probably get told to fook off for asking such stupid questions. :evil:

Kravitz - Same old Ted. I like him. Seems to earn his crust, prowling the pit lane for gossip. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

That old geezer - Looks like he has a bad case of the DT's, bless him :lol: I want him to find his feet though. I think he adds something ... not quite sure what, though. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Overall though, I'm pleased with choosing to get teh evil Sky.
Way too many adverts during the pre & post shows, but thankfully none in the races/quali.
... and Murdoch is still a cunt!
By jtc
Gravy wrote:Pit lane bint - Meh. Not sure what her purpose is either, except to ask drivers who have just crashed and probably don't want to speak to anyone, to state the bleeding obvious. I suppose this role has to be female, as a bloke reporter would probably get told to fook off for asking such stupid questions. :evil:
If you were another way inclined, you'd appreciate Nat Pinkham (she was also stolen from BBC)

By Mad-Dog
Lucky7 wrote:The question is:

The next race is live on the BBC and also live on Sky F1, Which will you watch?
BBC as i still don't have it. Have been watching it at a family members house :lol:
By Gravy
Lucky7 wrote:The question is:

The next race is live on the BBC and also live on Sky F1, Which will you watch?
Both.
Simultaneously, like [s]Elvis Presley[/s] a baws! :lol:

I'll definitely watch teh F1 forum, if they're still doing it, but I'll probably have to watch the race with Sky, since it cost me so much to get it and the fact that Brundle is doing the commentary.
The coverage is getting better for me now. I think Jonnie Herbert did a much better job than Hill with Lazenby.
Ditch the bitch with the sky pad (because sky rhymes with I, haha :roll: )
Get rid of the stupid fish eye camera that hovers around any interviews filming from funny angles and I think they'd have a pretty good show.
By yella
well well well.

i scrapped my F1, was costing me £29 a month on virgin with the sports pack and movies.

Watched on BBC, preferred it today, however i was round my Dads to watch it and some great bacon and sausage rolls were provided which may have helped. To be honest BTCC and MotoGP is my main concern this year and F1 will be BBC based, live when it is but rest of the time highlights will do
bornlucky1 wrote:Thread should be renamed 'Do the poor think that the bbc f1 coverage is better?'
Isn't it the poor who waste their money on sky?

I'm not being a snob but if you venture into a less reputable neighbourhood virtually every house has a sky dish.
mileshardy2000 wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:Thread should be renamed 'Do the poor think that the bbc f1 coverage is better?'

I'm not being a snob but if you venture into a less reputable neighbourhood virtually every house has a sky dish.
Who said anything about sky?
bornlucky1 wrote:
mileshardy2000 wrote:

Forgive me. I thought you were implying that the 'poor' who couldn't afford to pay for sky f1 are blindly fighting the corner of the bbc, therefore we should change the name of the thread.
mileshardy2000 wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:
mileshardy2000 wrote:

Forgive me. I thought you were implying that the 'poor' who couldn't afford to pay for sky f1 are blindly fighting the corner of the bbc, therefore we should change the name of the thread.
That was the point, but i dont see yours, you don't need a sky dish or a council house to view it. Also maybe the reason you see people who live in lower price housing having sky dishes is because by not buying the posh house they can afford nicer things, ie nice food , nice clothes and sky tv. Rather than having overspent on a nice house and having to skimp on the finer things in life, all fur coat and no knickers stylee.

Or then again maybe you are wealthy and can afford a mansion and all the trimmings, but choose not to because the guy who lives in the council house has a sky dish and that's below you?.... Is that what your saying?

Me? I'm the guy in a regular neighbourhood with the regular home, who can afford sky and other nice stuff because I chose not to spend all my income to live in a house that's beyond my means.
By yella
bornlucky1 wrote:
mileshardy2000 wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:
mileshardy2000 wrote:

That was the point, but i dont see yours, you don't need a sky dish or a council house to view it. Also maybe the reason you see people who live in lower price housing having sky dishes is because by not buying the posh house they can afford nicer things, ie nice food , nice clothes and sky tv. Rather than having overspent on a nice house and having to skimp on the finer things in life, all fur coat and no knickers stylee.

Or then again maybe you are wealthy and can afford a mansion and all the trimmings, but choose not to because the guy who lives in the council house has a sky dish and that's below you?.... Is that what your saying?

Me? I'm the guy in a regular neighbourhood with the regular home, who can afford sky and other nice stuff because I chose not to spend all my income to live in a house that's beyond my means.
i'm going to move to Blackpool then i will be able to afford Virgin, sky and bt vision, worst case scenario at least the social will cover my sky........lol

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]