The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By HWA0001
RIP thoughts and prayers to his family. Tragic especially after winning the Indy 500 this year and a shoe in for the Andretti team in 2012
By Sam_EP3
Just seen footage of the incident, really horrific accident with a lot of cars airborne and catching fire, small mercy that nobody else was killed.

By Ed Case
Probably the worst crash I've ever seen. RIP Dan.
Shame Wheldon and fellow Brit Franchitti never made it F1, safer tracks and cars and amongst more skilled drivers.

Dan should have been a household name in the UK for winning the Indy 500 twice and also the title. Sadly, he got little recognition here.
By EagleCTR
Just saw this news on BBC website this morning. Is indeed sad, always a name heard being mentioned in Indycar circles due to his success in the sport. Questions need to be asked as even though Indycar has always been more dangerous than F1, seems many people thought there were too many cars racing at the circuit.
RIP.
By Bon
It's just as fast (if not faster) than F1, yet they're often 4 cars wide on the track which just doesn't happen in F1. It's no surprise there are crashes like that, I'm amazed there was only one fatality TBH.

The guys behind the crash just have nowhere to go other than straight into the incident.

It's certainly too dangerous when tragic accidents like this occur, but the danger is what makes it appealing to the racers and the fans surely?
By HWA0001
Feel really sorry for his wife and kids. Apparently he got his wife initials SW tatooed on his wrist and she got his the night before.

Racing on 1.5 mile ovals always been dangerous, with that many cars always asking for trouble. Different at indy as the tracks bigger and cars more spaced out.

RIP
By dandemoraliser
Would rather see tributes to Dan in this thread rather than the crash footage. so here you are.

Proper moving :salut:

The guy had talent that others couldn't dream of and unfortuantely the next few weeks/months will be full of people trying to ban cars/racing/tracks etc.

Was an accident, plain and simple. Wrong place, wrong time. Others in the same accident hit catch fence but the way he hit it was sadly the issue.
By yella
scary how much life goes on, major smash up, life lost on the sunday and on my mates facebook he's out there racing round the same track on the monday.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]