The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By bornlucky1
I know we have an F1 thread but i think this deserves a thread all to itself.

The man who was once the hero of the nation seems to have fallen from grace recently, even more importantly, that sparkle that was so apparent in interviews of the passed seems to have dissapeared for some reason.

He's making alot of sloppy decisions on track, and sometimes off it, some of which have cost him the championship this year imo.

So whats up?

Pressure from Jenson? Poor Management effecting his driving? Other things on his mind?
Lost the desire a little?

Discuss.
By bluntcap
You work your ass of to have karts and win championships, driving your nuts off and risking your life to get noticed to the point someone will throw some sponsorship your way to help with the up coming season. You are not from a wealthy family, you see your dad work his off to give you what you need, nothing is handed on a plate......

THEN

You make it! You are driving for a F1 team, traveling the world, making silly money, everything at your finger tips, pussycat dolls lead singer is sleeping with you, people do anything for you, treat you like your special, people kissing your ass because you drive a car fast and earn lots of money.........

I'd say it takes a strong mentality to not let that go to your head and still want to win because it excites you. Going from working hard to get what you want and appreciating it, to getting handed anything no matter if you crash or not would be a mind screw. Therefore meaning you appreciate things far less and begin to not care.

IMO
By Mad-Dog
He doesn't have a strong management team, i think this has effected him greatly, at least his dad would tell him he was being a prat.

He started the last 3 seasons since winning the championship with an under-performing car at the start of the season. He then has to watch the likes of Vettel walk off into the distance in what seems to be far more superior machinery.

Big Ron is no longer the driving force behind the team, and although i really like Martin Whitmarsh, I think he's a bit beige and they miss Dennis in the team.

He has a team mate who is flourishing and proving his mettle. I do think had Jenson joined McLaren prior to winning his WDC then i don't think it would be such an issue, but since his WDC Jenson has been imperious at times.

Small mistakes have found their way into his driving. Mistakes he wouldn't have made so readily earlier in his career have been common place this season. He really has little or no excuse at times or is being very complacent. This whole running spat with Massa is proof in point, however i do believe that Massa needs to take as much of the blame. I used to like Massa but i find him a whiney little cunt now and can't stand him. He's no better than a journeyman

Lewis has a lot on his plate at the minute and i don't think he has the tools to cope with it. He needs to either face up and accept that he's not the golden boy of McLaren and that he needs to prove his worth or he moves to another team and starts from scratch.

i don't think Lewis will leave McLaren, he's far too good a driver for them and they need him as much as he needs them. But he needs to change a few things in his life to recapture the spark he seems to have lost. McLaren also need to build a car that can take the fight to red bull from the off
By jtc
I think he took "his team" for granted. JB coming in, and showing him what class is, has really thrown his confidence.

He needs someone authoritative managing him, not someone getting him on Jonathan Ross/MTV Awards or building his "US brand".
By bornlucky1
jtc wrote:I think he took "his team" for granted. JB coming in, and showing him what class is, has really thrown his confidence.

He needs someone authoritative managing him, not someone getting him on Jonathan Ross/MTV Awards or building his "US brand".
Definately, i reckon he needs control, his ego is getting the better of him now that his dads no there to peg it, when fighting with many drivers this year its as if he thinks the drivers should just move over and let him passed rather than fight back or block him.

The new guy coming into the team and becoming better and better must be hurting him too, especially seen as Jenson has such a good reputation as a team player. The team must love him and Lewis will see this. I think he considered Button a pushover at first and this hasnt been the case, to see Button getting offered lifetime contracts must be a real flip.
By FireBIade2
I think early on in his career a few decisions went against him which he has felt increasingly more and more hard done by, I think he hates the F1 management.
By bornlucky1
FireBIade2 wrote:I think early on in his career a few decisions went against him which he has felt increasingly more and more hard done by, I think he hates the F1 management.
Oh he definitely hates the management lol,some of the penalties have been warrantied though.the spin in front of diresta was stupid, and the hairpin antics at Monaco definitely.
By bornlucky1
Dubbz wrote:He's not exactly doing terrible. Haters :stfu:
:lol:
No-ones a hater, but he has been rather, errr, off form of late, whats your thinking then?

I did tell you he was over-rated though :P
Last edited by bornlucky1 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DANCTRs-o-t
I made a comment to someone on FB yesterday about this, imo, he's become Lewis Hamilton, A-list celeb wannabe, rather than Lewis Hamilton, racing driver, over the last 18months or so and it's starting to show. he has a management company who have no idea how to look after any sportsman, let alone a racing driver, his side of the garage is currently full of random celebrities whereas Button has his Mrs, his Dad and occasionally his Mum there also.

Look at the other drivers. Alonso has close friends/family there, Vettel has his trainer and his father there, Webber has his Dad there, Massa has family there. Now spot the odd one out of the guys in the top 3 teams.....

Combine this sudden lack of guidance with suddenly not being the gold boy in 'his own' team and his confidence will suffer, I think even he believed the hype that he would destroy Button, all of a sudden Button's now settled in, got the team to listen to him and give him a car he likes to drive and the performances are speaking for themselves.

Button is on a roll at the moment and if he finishes the season strongly that will keep going into next season. He's a better driver now than he ever has been, it showed on Sunday when he didn't go mad after the start, he calmed himself down and drove a brilliant race to win.

Hamilton needs to take the time in the off season to regroup his thoughts, re-focus, even smash his Mrs back doors in more often if it gets rid of whatever frustration he seems to have at the moment and come back next year back to his old self. The driver NOT the celebrity.
By yella
I don't Know why buy Hamilton has lost it.

Jenson looks the betterof the two by a country mile. when jenson went to Mclaren i laughed and said he would be gone with in a year after Hamilton showed him up. But it appears not.

Unless Hamilton can have a good season in 2012 he will end up being very similar to Juan Pablo Montoya, basically flashes of genious but ruined by bad decisions.

Also i think Whitmarsh and Dennis need to back off, let him get on with it. they have left him confused as one minute they want him to be aggressive and the next minute they want to reign him in. hamilton is still the best Racer there, but there is so much a load of wotsit around him i fear he will never go any further. I think he is so scared of doing something wrong he just chooses to do nothing. Plus Mclarens tactics have been simply shocking.

I still think The best option for him is to take a drive at Renault. Leave the Mclaren PR machine, and go to a team that can win world championships but needs a good driver. Rosberg would slot in and take over at Mclaren with Button just fine. Oh and he needs his dad back as manager or at least a proper manager as the current firm is shocking.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]