The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By BRAD 76
R.I.P. Marco simoncelli.
A young talent lost.really got emotional
After that accident.he was a great racer in the making.

My thoughts go to his family.
By Atki
http://t.co/WLULHjti

A picture I saw pasted on twitter, pretty horrible to be honest so don't click if your easily squeamish.

RIP again to a great rider.

Atki
By vtrsp1rob
Fly100 wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:r.i.p simoncelli, a true great and always flat out. :salut:

My thought are also with Edwards and Rossi - words can't describe how they are feeling at the moment.
I said to Mrs Fly this morning that this may finish Rossi ( and edwards for that matter).I have a bit of a gut feeling he may quit.I hope not but this could be a day that change's Moto GP history forever.
that's exactly what i was thinking, wouldn't suprise me at all.
By steve83
Edwards is retiring at the end the season anyway
By Fly100
steve83 wrote:Edwards is retiring at the end the season anyway
Think he going back to WSBK ?
By RSFN2GT
bluntcap wrote:Just watched the crash, actually put a lump in my throat, simply horrific :sad:

R.I.P :salut:
This. horrific :(
By vtrsp1rob
Fly100 wrote:
they are making a new low cost 'evo' class within moto gp and he has signed with one of the new teams for 2012.
By Mad-Dog
Massive loss to the sport. Fantastic rider to watch and was one for the future.

Completely freak accident and i feel sorry for both rossi and edwards

R. I. P. Marco "Sideshow Bob" simoncelli
By Sam.
Oh no :-| I saw the crash this morning, but been out ever since hadn't heard how he was. Had feared the worst when I saw his helmet come off and he was laying motionless.

What a shame :bigcry:
By 15repyt
Fly100 wrote:
I thought he was going to crt in motogp?

Ayoma is going to wsb i think?

RIP Simo
By big.h
I am totally and utterly gutted about simoncelli, Sometimes you forget just how dangerous this sport is and take for granted that nobody could get killed.

I dont think rossi will retire though not like this.
By Fly100
Im wondering if it would be possible to forget all the legal and sponsor issues and let Rossi ride Marco's bike in the last round.
By mini bilko
Rossi and Edwards have both been unable to comment on the accident. I have been reading motogp.com and there's an article from race direction on there - Marco was in cardiac arrest when paramedics arrived at his side on the track, they performed CPR until they got him to the medical centre, where they continued for 45mins without success. There's to be an investigation as to why his helmet came off, not that it'd have made much difference if it stayed on. His official cause of death was due to severe head, neck and chest trauma. Rossi must be absolutely devastated, s**t season on a bike that doesn't work, and then ends it like this.. Not his fault, nobody's to blame it was just a tragic accident, but he must be feeling very low this evening.

Edwards, btw, suffered a dislocated shoulder which has since been repaired under anaesthetic.
By EvoStu
Paul Butler opened the press conference, saying: “The purpose of this press conference is to apprise you of the circumstances that resulted in the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli. You know who we all are, the Race Direction; Claude Danis who is the FIM representative, Javier Alonso the Dorna representative, Franco Uncini the riders’ representative, and I’m Paul Butler the IRTA representative and Race Director. Michele Macchiagodena is our Medical Director and he will explain to you the circumstances that resulted in this death.”

Michele Macchiagodena said: “I’m very sad to be here to report about the death of Marco Simoncelli, a friend. Because of the crash he had during the race, in which he was hit by other riders, he suffered a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest. When our medical staff got to him he was unconscious. In the ambulance because there was a cardiac arrest they started CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Immediately in the Medical Centre, with the help also of the Doctor of our staff at the Clinica Mobile and local Doctors, he was intubated and it was possible to take off some blood from the thorax. The CPR was continued for 45 minutes because we tried to help him for as long as we thought it was possible. Unfortunately it was not possible to help him and at 16:56 (local time) we had to declare he was dead.”

Paul Butler responded to a question about Marco Simoncelli’s helmet coming off in the crash by saying: “I think if I may reply, that will be for another occasion. Quite clearly the consequences and circumstances surrounding the accident will be thoroughly investigated.”

Answering a question about the condition of Colin Edwards, who was involved in the incident, Michele Macchiagodena said: “He had a dislocation of the shoulder and with anaesthesia the shoulder now is in the correct position. He is fine.”

Paul Butler concluded the press conference by adding: “Our sympathies go to his family and we want to show every respect possible to Marco.”
By RM CYA
Wow. Unbelievable. Rip dude!! Bit of a shocker watching the video.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]