The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Sparky47
My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Agreed the Edwards and Rossi must be feeling devistated and as has been said before there was nothing either rider could have done to avoid it, one of the worst accidents I've seen. I have no doubts that every rider on that grid will have the number 58 somewhere on their bikes. Such a shame his life has ended so soon, will definatly be missed on the grid. I think this would have hit Rossi the hardest as Marco was one of his closest friends, I cannot begin to imagine what is going through the poor guys head. Hope to see the rules and regs dropped for the last round and to see the number 58 out on track again with Rossi aboard would be a very fitting tribute to one of his closest friends and true rising star in the sport.

R.I.P Marco :salut: will truly be missed by all
By Sparky47
Just read this off the autosprt website:

Valentino Rossi

"Sic was like a younger brother to me. He was as tough on the track as he was sweet in life. I still can't believe it, I'll miss him hugely."

There are loads of tributes to him already, he has touched so many people in motorsport already and will be a great loss, loads of charisma, always smiling and always pushed 110% such a sad day for moto GP
By Mad-Dog
i really do think the sport has lost a future great and it takes times like this for you to realise just how dangerous motorsport is.

Schwantz article was very good, and you can clearly see the love that he and others had for marco
By vtrsp1rob
Mad-Dog wrote:i really do think the sport has lost a future great and it takes times like this for you to realise just how dangerous motorsport is.

Schwantz article was very good, and you can clearly see the love that he and others had for marco
for me, I think Marco was the only current rider who could replace Rossi when he retires, he was fast enough, wasn't scared to race hard (rather than go fast on his own) and was a big personality off track too.
By vtrsp1rob
duckdodgersuk wrote:WTF! :shock: they dropped him on the way to the ambulance!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=754_1319545360
had seen about this too, can't believe they even moved him, I thought that was never ment to happen again after they did it to Dajiro Kato in 2003. whether it would have made a difference or not, it could do in other cases.
If it was a road accident the casualty wouldn't be moved.
By Sam.
I saw a picture in one of the papers with those stewards running off with him like that :shock: absolute craziness. Moving somebody who is barely injured quickly out of the path of potential danger is understandable...but moving somebody who clearly must've looked in a critical way as shoddily as that, when the race has already been red flagged is just unforgivable.

They need to have clear instructions and proper regulations set out for stewards in all motorsports for incidents as bad as that. I remember the video of the stewards trying to clear the track of debris in the F1 thread, they were running all over the place, falling over the lot :roll: totally clueless.
By bornlucky1
vtrsp1rob wrote:
duckdodgersuk wrote:WTF! :shock: they dropped him on the way to the ambulance!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=754_1319545360
had seen about this too, can't believe they even moved him, I thought that was never ment to happen again after they did it to Dajiro Kato in 2003. whether it would have made a difference or not, it could do in other cases.
If it was a road accident the casualty wouldn't be moved.
i think the ambulance driver is more to blame than the marshals, they were just rushing to get simoncelli into the ambulance as he was obviously in a very bad way and you would assume that getting him into it as quickly as possible would be the best thing to do, hence them running with him on the stretcher (and unfortunately in the panic one of them tripped). IMO, the ambulance should never have stopped on the wrong side of the fence.
By Sam.
I think it's pretty basic knowledge though that if somebody is clearly in a bad way, especially with neck injuries...you only move them if you absolutely know what you are doing (not track marshalls) and you definitely wouldn't run with them. Maybe it would'nt have made a difference in this case, but it's still bad practice. You wouldn't see paramedics running somebody to an ambulance after a road traffic accident because they're seriously injured and need seeing to quicker.
By mini bilko
This happens regularly in 3rd world countries. Problem is, it wouldn't be a world series if it was just held in Europe where its safer and the marshals are better trained. In this case, it wouldn't have made a difference, nor would it have made a difference if his helmet didn't come off - the only solace his friends and family can take is that he was dead on impact (let's be honest, he was, and he knew nothing of it), there was no pain or suffering I wouldn't imagine.

It really is a shame, and even a few days later, I am still sad over the incident. I would normally be looking forward to the last round, but I can't say I am anymore, and nor am I looking forward to the new season as it just won't be the same. The sport has lost a real superstar in the making. :(
By big.h
rooster84 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Image
That's a pretty awesome picture :salut:
Great picture.

Like mentor and student.
By Fly100
EvoStu wrote:Image
Anything you can do i can do better.....

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]