The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By matt.f
Have read Motoring News for years and live in Burnley so have heard of you.
Didn't you used to have that place in Earby set back off the road?only time I forget the name and it's now lol.
I have a 205 gti road rallycar,and something you may like my brother runs a Satria gti with quite a few Hockley bits on it(cage,bilsteins,90%LSD etc )
Always liked the Novas that are in!
By sendai
I'm a fanatic rally fan, mate! I didn't compete (yet) but I worked in several teams as assistance :-D

I'm also playing a lot on special stages before the events. I also do track days, but rally is epic :thumbup: I'm not a Honda or JDM fan. I choose the CTR because is so much closer to a race car, a very very good base to prepare furher and very nice car to racing.
By matt.f
govikes wrote:I compete on rallies, not in my Type-R though. Although I did do a test day on Monday at Cadwell in my Type-R
Know your username off rallyforums.
Sure my dad has mentioned talking to you?we rolled in his 106 rallye on the Exmoor endurance rally last year if that rings any bells?
EuroRallye wrote:
matt.f wrote:just wondered if anyone else on here goes out watching or even competing on here?
Not many then :sad:

I have not competed for a few years but I regularly attend rallies with 2 Group N Honda Civic Type R EP3 hire cars.

Type R rally cars for hire!! If only I had a small amount of talent/skill/competition licence/enough money to pay for the inevitable huge crash.... :lol:
By matt.f
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:
EuroRallye wrote:
matt.f wrote:just wondered if anyone else on here goes out watching or even competing on here?

I have not competed for a few years but I regularly attend rallies with 2 Group N Honda Civic Type R EP3 hire cars.

Type R rally cars for hire!! If only I had a small amount of talent/skill/competition licence/enough money to pay for the inevitable huge crash.... :lol:
Do some night events/road rallies.Civic type r is eligable(basic rules are upto 4cyl non turbo).just need a £40 non race national b licence.They do use some rough roads sometimes though so not good if you are a clean freak!
Beware,it is addictive!!
matt.f wrote:Have read Motoring News for years and live in Burnley so have heard of you.
Didn't you used to have that place in Earby set back off the road?only time I forget the name and it's now lol.
I have a 205 gti road rallycar,and something you may like my brother runs a Satria gti with quite a few Hockley bits on it(cage,bilsteins,90%LSD etc )
Always liked the Novas that are in!
Yes - in Sough between Kelbrook and Earby. I am in the centre of Barnoldswick now.

I am still a big fan of Novas. However, I am enjoying working with the EP3s.
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:
EuroRallye wrote:

We can help with all of that except perhaps the money! The cars are insured. :smile:
By govikes
matt.f wrote:
govikes wrote:I compete on rallies, not in my Type-R though. Although I did do a test day on Monday at Cadwell in my Type-R
Know your username off rallyforums.
Sure my dad has mentioned talking to you?we rolled in his 106 rallye on the Exmoor endurance rally last year if that rings any bells?
Sorry Matt just read the reply lol
By Ben30R
Use to do it a few years ago had a mk2 escourt (great car) then subaru and 205s Competed in Heart of England,BTRDA and 205 Challenge championship. Recently sold a mi16 205 its just to expensive to be competive. Try and get out as much as i can to watch. Off to watch the woodpecker next week always a good event.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]