The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By EvoStu
The Hondas back on the money. Good to see Moffat being handed the 3rd place after Prialux punted him off.
By nige t
And yet another great days racing from the BTCC :D
Another good day for Flash and Honda,even getting a win in the Super Touring race 8-)
By EvoStu
nige t wrote:And yet another great days racing from the BTCC :D
Another good day for Flash and Honda,even getting a win in the Super Touring race 8-)
I'd have been there if I hadn't been on my hols. Cracking 3 races by all accounts.
By gatecrasher3
Great performance by Shedden to keep himself in the championship. Also a great drive by Ingram in race three, he is one to watch in the coming years and todays performance can only have boosted his confidence.

Shedden for the championship this year? Lets hope so.
By nige t
gatecrasher3 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:32 pm wrote:Great performance by Shedden to keep himself in the championship. Also a great drive by Ingram in race three, he is one to watch in the coming years and todays performance can only have boosted his confidence.

Shedden for the championship this year? Lets hope so.
I agree Ingram is one to watch,what a great battle with Plato in race three 8-)
Flash is on fire.....Best driver in the championship in my opinion.
By nige t
EvoStu » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:17 pm wrote:
nige t wrote:And yet another great days racing from the BTCC :D
I'd have been there if I hadn't been on my hols. Cracking 3 races by all accounts.
Try and watch them Stu,three brilliant races :D
By EvoStu
Silverstone next in one week! Can't wait.

I have some packages for qualifying club available at £70 for the Saturday for anyone interested?
By nige t
I had a great day at Silverstone yesterday watching the BTCC.
It was a good day for Flash,steady points hall and back at the top of the championship. :)
Roll on Brands Hatch.
By EvoStu
nige t wrote:I had a great day at Silverstone yesterday watching the BTCC.
It was a good day for Flash,steady points hall and back at the top of the championship. :)
Roll on Brands Hatch.
Everything to do at Brands. Just need Plato to have one DNF.
By Sedge
Did you hear his comments after Silverstone? He said Flash needs to have an accident (or words to that effect).
By nige t
khani47 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:28 pm wrote:What an amazing weekend of racing, so many emotions involved which makes it one of the best I have ever seen.
Agree some fantastic racing today as always,Flash's performance in the third race was epic 8-)
Great day for Honda aswell winning the manufacturers title and 1st and 3rd in the championship :)
By gatecrasher3
There are no words for race 3. Shedden was ridiculous. All out attack and a level of skill that was amazing.

Respect to Jordan for moving over. I know a lot of people are complaining about it but it just goes to show the level of respect some of the drivers have for each other.
By Sedge
gatecrasher3 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:22 pm wrote:
Respect to Jordan for moving over. I know a lot of people are complaining about it but it just goes to show the level of respect some of the drivers have for each other.
Indeed. Some are saying that people wanted Shedden to win; I think it's more that they didn't want Plato to win. Flash is generally a fair racer, although he's had some incidents this year, and that helps in situations like this.

It did show, that although some people moved over, the Type-R without ballast is an animal and mullers most of the opposition on a level footing. Team Dynamics have done a fantastic job with the car and the fact that Eurotech have ordered three shows how good it is. Yes, that means next season there should be five Civic Type-R's on the grid -as long as the final TOCA license is sorted (Eurotech only have two but I doubt they'd order a car if there was doubt about not getting a third).

Press release:
Honda Media Europe wrote: British Touring Car Team Honda Yuasa Racing secures first motorsport title for new Civic Type R

The new Honda Civic Type R has this weekend added motorsport honours to its growing list of plaudits, as Honda Yuasa Racing clinched the drivers and manufacturers championship in the 2015 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship in a tense final round at Brands Hatch.

Continuing the success story for the most high performance car ever to wear the red ‘H’ badge, the new Honda Civic Type R was developed with help from the brand’s World Touring Car Team. Vital analysis and feedback from the track informed decisions about performance and styling, supporting the British team to driver and manufacturer titles in its first competitive year.

The road-going version of the Civic Type R broke cover at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show back in March and with the Dunlop MSA British Touring Cars season kicking off just a few short weeks after, the Honda Yuasa Racing team required special assistance from Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM) to ensure the car was ready to race.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
By nige t
Good to see Andrew Jordan and his Sponsor Pirtek have signed for Motorbase next season.
I hope they keep Matt Jackson.
By EvoStu
nige t wrote:Good to see Andrew Jordan and his Sponsor Pirtek have signed for Motorbase next season.
I hope they keep Matt Jackson.
They'll almost certainly keep Jackson. With Jordan and potentially a third top class driver, that's got winning team written all over it.
By Sedge
Yup. Give them the team trophy now.

In WTCC news Tiago has been disqualified from race two yesterday so loosing his win. The team are going to appeal the decision. Fingers crossed!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]